[LEAK] Massive Devil May Cry 5 Info (Potential heavy spoilers inside!)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Son of Sparda, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Adamska

Adamska Member

I'm recounting the game's narrative, nothing I've said has came from sources outside the game's narrative. Of course, one must think about the game's scenes and events in order to properly understand their context, instead of what the poster I replied to did, which was to isolate the last cutscene as some gag for how Vergil turns unexpectedly. If you played the game, then got to the end and think about how that scene reflects upon the previous actions Vergil took, you'll arrive at the same conclusion.

Vergil's actions may be ambiguous up to the end (since one can interpret his not caring for humans as being what he thought was needed to destroy the demons and let humanity live in peace), since he doesn't state outright from the start how he looks down upon humanity, but the ending shows that was the case from the start, and that for Vergil it is not enough to just destroy the demons, but also to control the humans in order to not allow demons to take over again.

2. RKR

RKR Member

On default control its even impossible to charge guns while fighting. Its some serious shit. Thats a thing Bayo did better.

3. Gbraga

Gbraga Member

Will DMC V bring a new age of combo videos? One without awful music and one hour intros?

We can hope.

4. jett

jett Community Resettler Member

Putting guns in all of your melee attacks was just pure genius. Such an obvious way of bridging both together. Bayo might have a lower skill ceiling and/or be less complicated than DMC4, but to me it seemed like a real evolution of the ideas presented in DMC1. And it just feels so smooth to play.

5. Furisco

Furisco Member

Can't wait for DMCV combo videos with Bodies playing in the background.

6. ArjanN

ArjanN Member

DMC is a succesful pre-existing IP though.

7. Nah , those features are never gonna leave us. Theyve become a staple of DMC vids

8. Dust

Dust Member

Yes, but instead enjoy facecams and Patreon plugins.

9. HStallion

HStallion Member

Nothing says combo video like operatic pumping techno

10. silva1991

silva1991 Member

Going through DMC1 and I was having fun until I fought the scissor guy with horns. It's bs that I have to fight him in a small space.

The black cat ghost thing was much better hard enemy.

11. Ah, ok. I play both on keyboard and controller, and I always forget about using the camera, so I only use four fingers.

I'd say that's a good idea, actually.

12. TheEnd

TheEnd Member

TIL Itsuno has an insta account.

13. Wesley-Σ

Wesley-Σ Member

Right, but DMCV is not out yet. Devil May Cry also came out when games were still experimental in the 3D realm.

There is a reason why PlatinumGames has been really the only one putting out Character-Action games for a while now.

14. Dahbomb

Dahbomb Community Resettler Member

These are all old Itsuno pics.

15. klabautermann

klabautermann Member

A DMC combo video with a scrolling Papyrus font intro and Japanese tech metal blaring over it can't even be called a DMC combo video, man.

16. JumpCancel

JumpCancel Member

17. WarRock

WarRock Member

I feel like it has some weird design decisions regarding fights. That enemy was the worst, until I understood he can be killed in like, five or six shotgun blasts?

18. silva1991

silva1991 Member

No way. Or maybe I was shooting him when he was invincible, because I shot him ALOT and he didn't die. I just spammed attack/devil triggered until he died lol.

They'll probably be easier after I unlock air hike.

19. Artikuno898

Artikuno898 Member

There we go

20. Wesley-Σ

Wesley-Σ Member

He can be killed in one if you're close enough.

21. Sub Boss

Sub Boss Member

I hated the ending credits, i don't like those credits when they show people doing random stuff, like why.also on Bioshock and Gears of War.
    They can do lots of things with the credits to not make them boring and thank the team but not a random video.
    i know i sound like an asshole :/

22. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Banned Member

It's a stylish one at that

23. Akainu

Akainu Member

Yeah I pretty much never used bothered with it either.

24. DantesLink

DantesLink Member

Completely disagree. I love when dev's give us a peak behind the curtain and show the progression from Greybox Prototypes to Gold Builds/Final Release. Even if its just celebratory; game development is a long and stressful process, I'm fine with them displaying a victory lap.

25. ColdVergil

ColdVergil Member

Man ahaha

26. Zombie Fred

Zombie Fred Community Resettler Member

I wonder what games will appear at game awards *thinking face*.

27. Dante_727

Dante_727 Member

Wish there can be a mode like "camera mode"
    But instead "video mode". You could play and record a 1- 15 minutes and afterwards edit it by moving camera etc.

One can wish

28. In itsuno we trust.

29. MBS

MBS Member

DMC1 is the Poke RBY equivalent of weird and rushed enemy types/weaknesses/balance compared to the rest of series.

30. Sargerus

Sargerus Member

31. CarlosX360

CarlosX360 Banned Member

I love Devil May Cry. I love single player action games.

I really hope the leaks of DMC5 are true. Oh my god. Let this be good. Let this be good!

Fuck you EA. Take that!

32. StallionPrime

StallionPrime Member

Hope they give dante a bad ass beard and pony tail

33. StallionPrime

StallionPrime Member

TWO blue roses!

34. Furisco

Furisco Member

Hello mods, i wish to request a ban.

35. David___

David___ Member

You'll get airhorns instead

36. Unfortunately MLG edits already exist...

37. Sub Boss

Sub Boss Member

Of course! i just think there is a better way to show that proccess in interviews or special videos before release rather than the game's end credits , but i understand i just don't likey :c

38. David___

David___ Member

lmao

39. Adamska

Adamska Member

Was this called for? What does EA have to do with anything?

40. Thats not even the worst.

41. CarlosX360

CarlosX360 Banned Member

What, you don't realize EA is trying to say Single Player games aren't viable? *looks around*

42. Gabriel Hall

Gabriel Hall Member

If you're talking about the Death Scissors enemy, he has a fairly straightforward pattern and you won't need a lot of space to exploit it. In his neutral state, he has a high chance of parrying your attacks, so the safest time to attack him is the recovery period after his own attacks -- either he'll try to snip his scissors at you from above or go for a broad slash when he's level with you. The best way I've found to inflict damage is using Helmbreaker; I'd jump up to avoid his attacks and then perform a wall-jump or enemy-hike off his head to gain greater height before coming down with a Helmbreaker (I believe Helmbreaker deals more damage the higher up you are in the air). He may still parry Helmbreakers as well, but I find it a better tactic than trying to attack him from the ground with sword combos.

Should the Death Scissors float beyond your reach or hide behind a wall, just stay back and wait for him to approach. Taunt to regain DT if you need it. If he's in sight, you can also shoot him to draw him towards you again. It's probably likely he'll attack you when you start resorting to firearms, but hey that's exactly what you want. :)

When he starts to dive-bomb you, stay calm and remain locked-on. As long as you're locked on, Dante will always face the direction that the Death Scissors will come at him, so it's simply up to your reaction speed to roll out of the way in time. No need for spacious footwork, just good ol' reflexes. :)

43. Adamska

Adamska Member

That seems like a discussion for some other thread.

44. CarlosX360

CarlosX360 Banned Member

Well, I'm frustrated that EA is trying to make Single Player games look like a small industry, and I hope DMC5 or similar games proves EA wrong. :D

45. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Banned Member

[​IMG]

WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION ?

46. ViewtifulJC

ViewtifulJC Member

EA wants games that sell 10+ million copies + steady microtranscations

The best selling DMC game was 3 million after several years. The game in your avatar sold 5+ million. Thats like best case scenario type shit, not 10 years late belated sequel with an amped up anime vampire aesthetic.

47. Sargerus

Sargerus Member

[​IMG]

48. Adamska

Adamska Member

If you want a niche series to sell the numbers EA is trying to reach, I have bad news. But, again, this is not the thread for this discussion.

49. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen Member

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES! THIS IS MY LAST RESORT!

50. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen Member

DMC is an interesting relic from a bygone era.

- Linear
    - 10-12 hour campaign
    - Non-open world
    - Non-RPG
    - No co-op
    - No PvP
    - No loot
    - No procedure generated content
    - Budget(?)

DMCV would be a true test of tests.