• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
You are my new favorite person.

Covenant is a true gem and a incredible sequel and no one has played it.

Covenant is easily one of the best RPG's ever. So unique, so polished, so memorable, so epic. UGH

A new Shadow Hearts will never happen though :( IIRC Aruze/Sacnoth/etc. disbanded and most of the people responsible for Covenant are now with Mistwalker (Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey/The Last Story), and Mistwalker is now doing mobile games. And they also don't own the Shadow Hearts IP. Not sure who does actually.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I have my source and he was spot on about RE7 back before it was announced.

I trust him on this one

The game will be announced much sooner

This thread is playing with my emotions...

1098.gif

HOW SOONER?!!!

Lol, haven't seen this gif in a while.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not backing down, yes. I mean, at least DMC2 has a consistent tone. And Dante looks very good on that game, too. It's been a while since I last played it, though, so I might not be remembering well what I did not like about it. But I recall very clearly what I didn't like about DMC4.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Idc what leak is fake or not, as long as I finally get DMC5 after all these years. I remember buying DMC4 in 2009 when I was 10 and having a blast with the game.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The OP approached us asking to post this information on ResetEra and we found enough reason to allow it. We'd like to make it clear that this is not an endorsement. The staff cannot verify that all the contents of this leak are accurate. The OP has accepted full responsibility for posting this material and if it turns out to be a hoax they have agreed to take a permanent ban.
Son of Sparda: You will have to ride in the back seat because his balls ride shotgun.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I have my source and he was spot on about RE7 back before it was announced.

I trust him on this one

The game will be announced much sooner

How soon is much sooner?

To be clear, you're taking the same risk with your account as SoS is. If your leak is false, you will be permantly banned.

Also the core of this leak is not the release date imo, but the game's very existence, development team, and specific details of the game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Imma believe the person who bet their account. Stakes is high for just a lie.

The rumors don't even really contradict each other though. The rumor in the OP aside from all the other information only says it probably won't be shown in 2017.

Basically this:

I mean the leak in the OP says the trailer has been ready for a while. So whenever they decide to drop the trailer they can

Could easily have a teaser trailer at PSX, story trailer somewhere in march, full gameplay blowout at Sony's e3 conference

The trailer in the OP rumor being mostly story would probably work just fine for a first trailer. Especially since you could easily make that way in advance regardless of far along the actual game is.

That game isn't out yet, is it?

No, but we have a good idea of what MHW is like. Also just based on other franchises, broader appeal doesn't automatically mean worse/for casuals etc..

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly shocks me how Shadow Hearts was never successful. Covenant and From the New World were so fucking good, and you'd think the setting would appeal to a lot of people. Visuals were gorgeous and the gameplay is more fun than 99% of other turn-based games.

We're getting umpteen Ys, Tales, Yakuza, and Atelier games along with new Valkyria Chronicles, .hack, Xenoblade Chronicles, and whatever else, but no Shadow Hearts. Not even bad PC ports or PS2 classics. The world is cruel.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How soon is much sooner?

To be clear, you're taking the same risk with your account as SoS is. If your leak is false, you will be permantly banned.

Also the core of this leak is not the release date imo, but the game's very existence, development team, and specific details of the game.
This thread is too real for me now. I am legit shaking in my boots.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
OP just reads like a wishlist and knowing the 'actual' time of the supposed trailer then back tracking it with "it may be longer or short idk lol" is laughable.

Not that I don't think there's going to be a DMC5, there obviously is. DMC4SE wasn't made for no reason, but this leak seems like it's muddy.

I agree. Lot of wiggle room for "errors".

This is getting interesting though with the other "leaker" in here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Please be it with the outstanding Panta Rhei engine with its dynamic GI and dynamic fluids, fire , smoke and not a third party engine which will make the game look very generic like any other game using that engine. I don't care even if it is 720p, a game using that engine has to happen. SquareSoft didn't ditch their Luminous Engine in FFXV in favour of another third party engine and struggled to the end even after a decade and released the game with that engine. A real shame if that engine is dead before birth.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How soon is much sooner?

swtn.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why I assumed "leak" would mean actual screenshots, and not another dime a dozen text rumor, lol.

DMC 5 is so heavily rumored at this point I'm starting to think it's not happening at all and Itsuno's working on an original IP or something.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How soon is much sooner?

Thank you, Nicole.

And to be clear, I said unlikely to be this year. Never said impossible and clarified it later on. And I still stand by what I said.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I support this type of leak (it would have been fine with just it just disclosing the game's existence, platforms, and base concepts), taking into account that the game might not be announced until June. I understand that other people might have had access to this information and it might have started circulating through other places, but I still would have avoided leaking such precise details for a project that might already be facing pushbacks.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Some form of PS exclusivity was expected.
Much like Bayo2, it seems that these character action games doesn't get enough return that it needs backing from first party.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
IMO I think the reveal and release date frame are the biggest aspects.
Since it gives insight into what Capcom's Forecast could be. DMC5 existing is like one of the worst kept secrets at capcom.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
So this info comes the same day I order the 3142 artbook? Coincidence?

Hope it pans out in any case and looks good as well as no one getting banned hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.