• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Microtransaction in DMC5?

okp66FD.gif
There's legit microtransactions in DMC4SE already (an expansion to an old game that didn't have microtransactions).

This game will have microtransactions, you don't need to be a leaker to know that.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a silly statement.

Eh, I'll be the first to admit that my memory of DMC2 isn't as fresh as it was. That said, I don't remember it having straight up trash levels where you knock dice around and fight random battles over and over. Twice.

Still, no need for hand-waving comments.

Oct 30, 2017
How soon is much sooner?

To be clear, you're taking the same risk with your account as SoS is. If your leak is false, you will be permantly banned.

Also the core of this leak is not the release date imo, but the game's very existence, development team, and specific details of the game.
My friend who gave me this info better not be fucking around

And It's not just the date, other things are definitely off.

I also don't know when it's gonna be announced but I was told it was "before E3 for sure"

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please be it with the outstanding Panta Rhei engine with its dynamic GI and dynamic fluids, fire , smoke and not a third party engine which will make the game look very generic like any other game using that engine. I don't care even if it is 720p, a game using that engine has to happen. SquareSoft didn't ditch their Luminous Engine in FFXV in favour of another third party engine and struggled to the end even after a decade and released the game with that engine. A real shame if that engine is dead before birth.

Screw that let it be their Frameworks MT engine modified to hell and back that way we get the game running real good and also visuals would be polished.

Oct 27, 2017
How soon is much sooner?

To be clear, you're taking the same risk with your account as SoS is. If your leak is false, you will be permantly banned.

Also the core of this leak is not the release date imo, but the game's very existence, development team, and specific details of the game.

this thread is so awesome

DMCV

Competing rumors

Permaban risks

it has it all

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ShamelessZeroMain not getting off free, lol.

Dunno why I assumed "leak" would mean actual screenshots, and not another dime a dozen text rumor, lol.

DMC 5 is so heavily rumored at this point I'm starting to think it's not happening at all and Itsuno's working on an original IP or something.

That's honestly more out there than anything else posted in this thread, lol.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
"The overall game is supposed to be "ambitious" for a DMC title with a broader appeal.

This is the most serious Dante has been (a "new side" of Dante), of course not counting DMC2.

There is some form of Playstation exclusivity involved."

Sigh.. not liking the sound of this.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry Mate, I wasn't saying everything was wrong I said a decent amount of your info is accurate in an earlier comment ( I think. )

And I didn't see your earlier reply

To be fair, you just saying snarkily "it's fake you're welcome" in your first message without anything else clarifying it wasn't exactly the most diplomatic way of handling things. Maybe remember to include what it is you're taking issue with in the first post next time.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't include more specific stuff cause it's pointless since they can easily get change during development.

Like you want a specific thing? Total hours of cutscenes will be close to 3 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
How soon is much sooner?

This thread has become the dice game from Dmc4.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Gives us more details ZeroMain you can't just come here to say most of it is true except for the reveal date thats shameless!

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Holy shit

This is sounding ridiculous if true. And it's sounding like it's a SFV sort of situation. So if it's console exclusive, the only home system it will be on is PS4 but will also be on PC.

Sounds like Capcom.

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'll be the first to admit that my memory of DMC2 isn't as fresh as it was. That said, I don't remember it having straight up trash levels where you knock dice around and fight random battles over and over. Twice.

DMC2 is way, waaaay worse. I'll take ten dice games over the tank, chopper, giant fish or giant moth bosses, or most of the puzzles in that game.

And yes, there is. That comment was as silly as every "DmC is worse than DMC2 and worse than cancer" comment I've read. A good game with flaws isn't on the same level or worse than a complete mess of a game that couldn't even get basic stuff like Stingers or Hightime right, that almost tanked the franchise's trajectory, cost us Kamiya, and put the canon into this weird quantum state.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ

DMC2, the entire game, is complete trash from beginning to end. Story, gameplay, level design, art (apart from Dante), everything is trash. It's the worst game I've ever played (and I played it enough to get all the achievements) and it does not belong in the same universe as any of the other games in the series.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
This thread has turned into a death game, who's account is getting nuked by the end of this? I'm feeling motivated.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zeromain still refuses to say which stuff in the OP is fake if not the date.

So far his only claim was it get announced before E3 2018.

I smell a talking out of his ass situation

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it.

Both people say it's not being unveiled in 2017.

Why wouldn't it be unveiled at E3 then? What's so major in between PSX and E3 that it warrants not being on either of them? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Either this game gets unveiled in 2017 or it misses it and is unveiled at E3 2018 instead. Then again it's Capcom so you never really know. That's the type of stuff I wouldn't personally bet my account on.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Every level in DMC2 is a trash level. Also you can cheese the dice game in DMC4 to get the number you want everytime.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
The OP approached us asking to post this information on ResetEra and we found enough reason to allow it. We'd like to make it clear that this is not an endorsement. The staff cannot verify that all the contents of this leak are accurate. The OP has accepted full responsibility for posting this material and if it turns out to be a hoax they have agreed to take a permanent ban.

i-LyUg5jQyFYhp0JnEpbTmE2VpacX9GLyLkZHAPx-RnPHwm1NnaqinjgNC82ABmFjlR0LJwfhbK2KRYeRkFNqLOXBiUs4Ce4u5dSXJ8=w512-h287-nc

Status
Not open for further replies.