• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has become the dice game from Dmc4.

d6hCvel.gif

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that the change in personality of Dante isn't too jarring. I understand that you can only get so cocky but if he becomes some brooding edgy dude with a mission I'll be annoyed.

They set up Vergil for DMC5 that's for sure. He has to appear, but I hope he'll be fooling around with his son.

Also excited about Vergil's mandatory redesign. It's been 20+ years in the story.

Would a return to DMC1 Dante's personality be considered jarring? Because that's what I'm hoping for.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh they're totally going to keep the tradition of keeping Vergil a DLC character.
This is what I'd normally expect as well
Which is why I would be extra pleasantly surprised if he was playable in the base game

Even then, I just wanna see those interactions between Nero and Vergil. Just thinking of the kind of father son bonding those two would have.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
He was right about RE7 details back a week before the announcement

Maybe instead of acting like an asshole you should actually read my previous comments

I feel why you would trust him because of that, but man, that RE7 stuff was floating around everywhere behind the curtains for awhile (together with Dead Rising 4), a lot of people knew. Doesnt mean they would know here

I say that from experience too, I got some word for RE7 beforehand as well, but managed to get 0 info on anything DMC reaching the same folks

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that the change in personality of Dante isn't too jarring. I understand that you can only get so cocky but if he becomes some brooding edgy dude with a mission I'll be annoyed.

They set up Vergil for DMC5 that's for sure. He has to appear, but I hope he'll be fooling around with his son.

Also excited about Vergil's mandatory redesign. It's been 20+ years in the story.
Maybe they will make him more consistent with his characterization from end of 3 and 1

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
" Now I done grew up round some people living their life in bottles, Granddaddy had the DMC5 leak every day in Chicago"

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lOhnvhm.gif

I would've taken DmC2.

But hooooooooly shiiiiit, if this all turns out to be true.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Discussing Shamelesszeromain is discussing the OP since he said not everything in there is correct :P

Well let's see I recently repleayed DMC4 and am glad to read they want to change stuff about the style system.

The leveldesign stuff and ps exlusivity is not that great imo

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
We have asked ShamelessZeroMain to substantiate his claims to us privately. So far we have received no cooperation. This user has also accumulated multiple warnings and bans in the past for trolling and posting in bad faith. Should our requests continue to be ignored, he will be permanently banned.

For now, please return to discussing the OP.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
this sounds so sexy. i miss DMC.

edit - hold up. i only read the OP but it seems like this thread has been a wild ride

Oct 30, 2017
We have asked ShamelessZeroMain to substantiate his claims to us privately. So far we have received no cooperation. This user has also accumulated multiple warnings and bans in the past for trolling and posting in bad faith. Should our requests continue to be ignored, he will be permanently banned.

For now, please return to discussing the OP.

I said it's gonna to take me a while to search through the dudes evidence cause this was in a discord chat and it was from a month ago, i can't get it in a matter of seconds smh

Not to sound rude but.. yeah.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see how this turns out, especially if it turns out this was pulled for half a year to keep for E3.

I loved the aesthetic, atmosphere, and general gameplay of DMC1, and the series has never really hit that height again for me, DMC3 was close. I didn't enjoy DMC4 that much, and tbh I don't really feel much of an urge to play as these other characters they keep giving us, Dante is the badass that these other characters really don't compare to.

I've been drinking alright

I'm gonna say stupid shit
The effects are greattttt

It's amazing how often that is someone's excuse for their dramatic posts on gaming forums, especially when their account is suddenly on the line.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I'd normally expect as well
Which is why I would be extra pleasantly surprised if he was playable in the base game

Even then, I just wanna see those interactions between Nero and Vergil. Just thinking of the kind of father son bonding those two would have.
After Uncle Dante, get ready for Daddy Vergil.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope the part about "broader appeal" is true. I don't want to play a hardcore difficult game anymore at my age.

Or at the very least have an Easy difficulty setting.

I hope the game is like DmC

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So with the more open areas and "new camera", if the leak is correct, we can assume this means the fixed camera is gone now? Much welcome change if true.

ColdVergil

Oct 25, 2017
Lets get back to the info. Man, confrontation between Nero and Vergil has me hyped. I bet Vergil gonna stab Nero right away.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This leak is very exciting, and filled with lots of really cool stuff. It sounds like this will be a true continuation of the DMC we all know and love, with smart tweaks, improvements, and innovations (improved camera, streamlined dodge mechanic, more open-ended level design, etc) to modernize the formula a bit, which is awesome.

However, there is one thing I really have to question... The E3 reveal. I feel very strongly (and I could be wrong, to be fair) that REmake 2 will debut at E3 2018. If that's the case... would Capcom really want to debut both of these games at the same event? That doesn't really seem likely to me. I suppose one of the games could be shown off at PSX, but that wouldn't really fit with the narrative that Sony is concealing PSX. That's the only thing that seems questionable to me here.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
I don't want Vergil to come back to life. Fighting him in the first game and seeing what he became is a key part of Dante's story. He wanted to be a demon took a trip to the other side and bit off more than he could chew.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not saying this as confirmation..

But I Met Johnny Bosh a few weeks ago.. I asked him about DMC, and just smile and said he had no idea what I was talking about...

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
This reminds me, I bought DMC4SE almost two years ago...

I should finally play it.

Discussing Shamelesszeromain is discussing the OP since he said not everything in there is correct :P

Well let's see I recently repleayed DMC4 and am glad to read they want to change stuff about the style system.

The leveldesign stuff and ps exlusivity is not that great imo

Not too surprising honestly. You can count the number of independently released Capcom games this gen on... two fingers...

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest Im actually kinda prepared to see Ninja Theory DMC sequel simply because of DLC skin for MvCI Dante. Like why on earth out (I guess) 10 costumes to chose for you go with the one most people hate? I dont see other reason besides as marketing material for DMC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.