• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
More like: "We wish we knew stuff, but we'd just wait for more Resetera info".
I wouldn't be surprised if they do know more. DMC5's a pretty poorly kept secret.

There's a difference between what journalists know and what they report, though, and someone *else* leaking information basically allows journalists to report on what is being said without being seen as patient zero of the leak.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
It still baffles me why people are like 100% sure about the "Virgil Nero's dad" revelation, while at the same time they don't know if he's going to be playable or not. It's dead obvious that he's going to be there as his DMC4SE version was merely a "test-build" type of character.

Polygon and Gamespot when?

They won't report it for damage-control reasons. Unless Itsuno tweets another beggar or apology.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It still baffles me why people are like 100% sure about the "Virgil Nero's dad" revelation, while at the same time they don't know if he's going to be playable or not. It's dead obvious that he's going to be there as his DMC4SE version was merely a "test-build" type of character.
Vergil has been leaked to be playable in other previous leaks.

I think the issue might be that he might be post release playable and Capcom/devs might not be sure where to place him as playable. Vergil has always been playable post release, he might be playable post release again.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they make Lady and Trish playable and fix them up a bit. Trish was far too limited and lacked versatility and mobility, though she made up for it in sheer damage. She also wasn't very unique, mechanically. I'll never understand why they gave her a neutered Pandora and no charge shot. Everyone (minus Vergil) had a charge shot. It also bothered me that she took damage from Blitzes when using her fists. THEY'RE ALL LIGHTNING-Y AND SHIT.

Lady is pretty much the same way, although she definitely had a much more unique feel. No DT, emphasis on guns instead of swords. Basically a reverse Vergil. She did feel like she had a much more varied moveset compared to Trish, though.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Writers/illustrators of novels are not actual developers. Itsuno has never personally confirmed this . Reminds me of a Poke novel claiming that Ash's dad was killed at war or something. But these things can't be confirmed unless they 're properly addressed on the actual videogame.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Writers of a novels are not developers. Itsuno never confirmed this. Reminds me of a Poke novel claiming that Ash's dad was killed at war or something. But these things can't be confirmed unless they 're properly addressed on the actual videogame.
You gonna put up some stakes on this or nah?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nero being Vergil's son is mentioned in Nero's concept art. There's no doubt about its canon status.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they make Lady and Trish playable and fix them up a bit. Trish was far too limited and lacked versatility and mobility, though she made up for it in sheer damage. She also wasn't very unique, mechanically. I'll never understand why they gave her a neutered Pandora and no charge shot. Everyone (minus Vergil) had a charge shot. It also bothered me that she took damage from Blitzes when using her fists. THEY'RE ALL LIGHTNING-Y AND SHIT.

Lady is pretty much the same way, although she definitely had a much more unique feel. No DT, emphasis on guns instead of swords. Basically a reverse Vergil. She did feel like she had a much more varied moveset compared to Trish, though.
Lady and Trish were pretty clearly early-stage experimentation half-characters thrown in for fun, whereas DMC4SE Vergil was pretty fully realized and a good template for understanding where Itsuno's mind is at regarding character action combat design.

If and when Lady and Trish are made available for play in DMC5, I expect them to be SERIOUSLY fleshed out and changed.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Writers/illustrators of novels are not actual developers. Itsuno has never personally confirmed this . Reminds me of a Poke novel claiming that Ash's dad was killed at war or something. But these things can't be confirmed unless they 're properly addressed on the actual videogame.
There is a cutscene on the SE that 'hints' at some kind of 'relationship' between a random woman and Vergil before Nero was born

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
This imho exists on the same realm as "Lady is Trish's" daughter or so.
ePsynWj.gif

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Lady and Trish were pretty clearly early-stage experimentation half-characters thrown in for fun, whereas DMC4SE Vergil was pretty fully realized and a good template for understanding where Itsuno's mind is at regarding character action combat design.

If and when Lady and Trish are made available for play in DMC5, I expect them to be SERIOUSLY fleshed out and changed.
Lady and Trish weren't even planned for the Special Edition budget, Itsuno throwed them in at the last moment because they are cool

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I read part of the OP and will give this thread a wide berth after this post. But Jesus Christ this sounds like what I've wanted from a DMC sequel since we'll...the first one ended. What I did read sounds wonderful and I hope it's all true. The wait for an actual reveal will be worthwhile if this is what Itsuno has up his sleeve.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Lady and Trish weren't even planned for the Special Edition budget, Itsuno throwed them in at the last moment because they are cool
Oh yeah for sure for sure. I'm just saying, I'm really hoping for this (also secretly hoping for a DMCHD Collection DLC for DMC3:SE with Lady added as a third playable. This will absolutely never happen, but It's something I would really enjoy nonetheless).

I suppose for Trish I figured they would have done the opposite of Dante in MvC3 and more directly translated her from MvC3 to DMC4:SE
Literally my first time hearing about that theory involving Trish and lady.
It wouldn't even make sense.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised to see Daddy Vergil not playable in the base game like he always is while the launch game is Uncle Dante, Lil Nero, and someone else(Mama Trish if they're going full family angle)

Lady will be playable too but probably DLC.

Or the V stands for Devil May Cry Vergil and he ends up the most important playable star of the game.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly we had geoff in here already now we just need jason to say something that doesn`t really hint at anything to get us all hyped up again.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
If Lady and Trish ever do come back as playable, I'm hoping for a heavier emphasis on traps for Trish (taking inspiration from MvC3 perhaps) and a heavier emphasis on super-high mobility for Lady.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mainly inferior controller...also like to share games (no friends with ps4)...finally hate third party exclusives.

Ok, just find it really weird to skip an entire (possibly amazing game) because you think the PS4 controller is inferior. I could personally never do that.

And btw, if you hate third party exvlusives, I hope you never bought Rise of the Tomb Raider considerign it was timed exclusive for quite a while.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I miss Dante doing Bruce Lee moves with his triple ice nunchucks and playing concerts to an imaginary audience with his lightning guitar / scythe.

The Shakespeare parody in 4 was great and all, but DMCV needs a motorcycle or pool cue or a skate/surf/hover board or something so we can get more of that.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
This is the state of video game journalism now? my word
There is no real journalism in gaming outside of Jason Schreier and a small handful of others. All gaming media does is react to news & announcements. I'm sure it's hard to even be a real journalist in gaming because everything is so secretive.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If this game really is real I am surprised there has been no trailer yet.

Hell if all these leaks are true, there is no reason to hold back on an announcement anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.