• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like not to be accused of being designenuous please. It is my most sincere wish that the new DMC game is DmC2, I've been very open about this. Am I not allowed to comment if that is so?

I understand you are passionate about DmC but this game (if rumours are true) is clearly based on the original characters. There is no other discussion to be had because all it does is derail the thread.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Come on now, discussion on DmC should be fair game. DMCV will most likely be taking stuff from DmC if the team is smart.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If DMCV comes out and them dudes still got that same totally vertical jump in the year 2017, we're gonna have a problem

Nov 15, 2017
Dovah and NICHIJOUDENSETSU:

Just to facilitate this face-off, who actually has sales numbers for the fighting games in question? Get them, either of you.

I can't. That's half the problem with the world today, I tell ya.

That's the answer you're both looking for. You don't even need to argue.

My argument was based in the fact that he said

All the fighters that are good and anyone cares about are on Xbox as well.

which is just patently untrue.

No, EVO entries don't track reliably with sales performance, to my knowledge.

Never said they did, but you do see some form of metrics on who plays them at a high enough level to travel to Las Vegas for competition, and that can be seen as the tip of a pyramid (or at least a vague guideline of one) in the genre, as far as consistent playerbase is concerned.

The fighting game comaprison isn't even a great analog in the first place, but whatever

Well, it all started from

If you are a DMC fan then you are getting this game no matter what platform it is on.

Also any reasonable gamer who has been playing Japanese games and fighters this generation should have a PS4 already.

which I agreed with.

at least get the disagreement out of the way with something other than reaction jpegs.

I don't really care, I just think the hyperbole is amusing, and it seems like I'm not the only one who thought so. With that said:

Back on topic. This isn't a thread about the popularity of fighting games.

I can abide by this, np

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we already saw some stuff with Vergil in DmC implemented in DMC4 SE (Judgment Cut stuff for instance).

There's good stuff to take from DmC in terms of features and systems. Those are worth having coexist with the OG games.

Dovah

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I can't. That's half the problem with the world today, I tell ya.

My argument was based in the fact that he said

which is just patently untrue.

Never said they did, but you do see some form of metrics on who plays them at a high enough level to travel to Las Vegas for competition, and that can be seen as the tip of a pyramid (or at least a vague guideline of one) in the genre, as far as consistent playerbase is concerned.

Well, it all started from

which I agreed with.

I don't really care, I just think the hyperbole is amusing, and it seems like I'm not the only one who thought so. With that said:

I can abide by this, np

Shouldn't you stop before you receive a warning?

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who always wanted to seriously get into DMC and has the special edition for 4, do any of you have any tips/videos to share to actually get good? I always have problems micromanaging 3 different things and always get confused at what each stance does what.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I have timeline question: based on the information given, is there a ballpark year work on DMCV started? Was it right after DMC4SE came out?

Oct 25, 2017
I have timeline question: based on the information given, is there a ballpark year work on DMCV started? Was it right after DMC4SE came out?
After DMC4 SE seems to be the consensus, which would make the most sense. Been over two years since that re release, and three years total would be the optimal amount of time to spend on this game to make it good.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand you are passionate about DmC but this game (if rumours are true) is clearly based on the original characters. There is no other discussion to be had because all it does is derail the thread.

It's certainly never been my intention to derail the thread. I have already stated that I'll be excited to play a new DMC game, and I've repeatedly lamented how some people reacted negatively to mentioning DmC. Not only that, I've tried my best to steer clear from posts and comments that veer way too much off-topic, as well as I have apologized the times where I noticed I might have misinterpreted a post's intention.

That said, I don't think the mere mention of DmC should be considered a derailment. We all know that the leak, so far, has no actual evidence behind it. SoS has put his account on the line, that's it. I'm very grateful that he posted what he knows, but the fact remains that there's a chance his information is inaccurate, which is why I posted that it'd be great if maybe it means that the new DMC game being developed might be DmC2. The leak points to the original setting, yes, but maybe that's not the whole story; maybe the original cast will have cameos on a DmC2 game, or even cameos on a new reboot of the series. The nature of this leak allows said speculation, I think.
one of the rare times i disagree,DmC should be forgotten and left for dead. At best take some moves like judgement cut and that's it.

I do feel DmC has brought lots of QoL improvements besides one move, even if my position is that its setting and characters are far more interesting than DMC's.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
So, we have the original leaker saying it's console exclusive and another saying it's coming to xbox. Who to believe, who to believe

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a miracle watching a DMC game that is smoother and better animated than this:

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/935596188572831744

3OKjcgl.gif

Nov 15, 2017
one of the rare times i disagree,DmC should be forgotten and left for dead. At best take some moves like judgement cut and that's it.

I think DmC got a lot right in combat, as it felt more open and — I hesitate to say forgiving — lenient than mainline DMC seemed to. Plus, the ability to use multiple weapons in tandem was really slick. Being able to pump an enemy full of explosive darts, throwing a big windmill shuriken into another group of enemies to hold them still and deal DoT, comboing the first enemy, finishing with an air launcher, grabbing another enemy with the chain whip thing into the air with you, slamming them down, dashing into the group of freshly-shuriken'd enemies to kill them while detonating the darts, killing both the original target and the slammed one while finishing the previously-weakened group?

Man, that shit was pretty fuckin' rad. I prefer OG DMC, but DmC certainly has its merits.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If you are a DMC fan then you are getting this game no matter what platform it is on.

Also any reasonable gamer who has been playing Japanese games and fighters this generation should have a PS4 already.
Not everyone likes every Japanese game... my selection of Japanese games is pretty small... and so far a lot of games im interested in are coming to Xbox. There is no need for this stupid Console exclusivity garbage.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Sunhi's Horizon gifs makes me wish for a new Dino Crisis so damn bad.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've never really understood why, but I just could not get into DMC3 or 4 and never bothered to finish them even though I did like and complete the first game. I even played through all of DMC2, but with DMC3 I only got up to a little after the second boss battle before giving up on it. I don't even remember where I gave up on 4, I just know I wasn't very far into the game. And yet I did enjoy the DmC: Definitive Edition enough to complete it on Dante Must Die mode.

Still, I'll probably keep an eye on DMCV if it does get announced.

kyoP

Oct 26, 2017
This may or may not be DMCV related but it has been making the rounds on DMC related communities so it's worth posting here.

The user who posted this wishes to remain anonymous but they contacted me to share this information.

Apparently there's a company called Player Research located in Brighton, UK that is currently taking in players to test a new game. Normally it's for standard mobile and console type game but this new game has a peculiar type of games on the list:

GVMhKfm.png

The list of games is interesting because it lists DMC, Bayonetta, God of War and Infinite Blade on there along with other action/adventure games. Based on the leaks, this could very much point to DMCV. Note that Capcom is not really know for playtesting their games here so take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt.

Also if you are in the Brighton, UK area… heads up for this.

Well, Itsuno does love Breath of the Wild. https://twitter.com/gypsyotoko/status/851432381932126210

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thread summary for those tuning in (with links):

1) Massive leak posted by Son of Sparda in the OP.
2) ZhugeEX states that leak was looked over by the mods/admins, allowed to post but on the condition that SoS takes PERMANENT BAN if this is a hoax.
3) Random supposed insider claims it's also coming on Xbox and is willing to take permanent ban for it.
4) Dahbomb posts staggering personal statement spanning 3500 words.
5) Another admin Nibel graces the thread. SweetNicole as well.
6) Claimed second leaker comes in and states that the leak is false. (ShamelessZeroMain) Also claims that DMCV will have microtransactions like DMC4SE. Source is a discord buddy.
7) Son of Sparda calls him out, starting the leaker vs leaker warfare. ShamelessZeroMain bets $1 for every post in the thread, so going $2200 strong right now.
8) SweetNicole announces that ShamelessZeroMain is beholden to the same rules as SoS. If he's wrong then he also gets permabanned.
9) ShamelessZero gets shook, starts backpedaling. More backpedaling. And more. And then some. Admits to drinking and saying stupid shit.
10) Admins ask Shameless to deliver sources, he doesn't comply. ShamelessZeroMain gets banned for trolling and having an alt account. Takes to Twitter to complain that his esports manager got a hold of his Resetera account.
11) People so hype for DMCV they start streaming this thread on youtube as it develops!
12) Sunhilegends delivers godlike gif for DMCV!
13) Gaming news outlet start running the story, it has officially gone big and viral.
14) Geoff Keighley aka the Doritos Pope graces the thread with his presence!
15) Dantelinkx comes in and leaks through a proxy that DMCV will get unveiled at either PSX or TGA. Fanning the flames of the leaker wars!
16) Maximillian D00d (famous youtubers) chimes in on the DMCV hype!
17) Dahbomb makes actual analysis of the leaks.
18) IGN first major gaming website to report on the leak.
19) MBS claims that Vergil being Nero's father is as likely as Trish being Lady's mother....
20) Johnny Bosch makes a tweet about being 5 minutes late... has 5:05 on the clock possibly referring to SOS aka Sons of Sparda.
21) Son of Sparda makes a couple of more leaks: DMCV to be PS4 console exclusive and PC later on. Engine is UE4.
22) Trish VA starts tweeting about DMCV.Trish's Voice Actor tweets about wanting the cast of DMC4SE back for Christmas. Kyrie's voice actor tweets too but could be completely unrelated.
23) Son of Sparda releases information about a location test for an unknown game in Brighton, UK. References games like DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, Zelda, Okami etc. Could be DMCV but don't count on it.

These were the highlights. About 50 "The time has come and so have I" gifs as well.

Thanks for this, beats reading through everything to see what the hell is going on lol

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France

Just to remember everyone : Itsuno, Mikami and Kamiya are very close.

It's just an exemple, but when Itsuno directed DMC3, he came to Kamiya first to ask for advices. There are many sources, but here's one from Kamiya himself :

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/78739028891013120

Kamiya also came forward many times to defend Itsuno when people said that he was responsible for DMC2 shitfest. He did it many times, but here's one from twitter again :

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/78738370418839552

I'm sure Kamiya know what Itsuno is working on and I'm sure he would have said bullshit if it wasn't DMC5.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think DmC got a lot right in combat, as it felt more open and — I hesitate to say forgiving — lenient than mainline DMC seemed to. Plus, the ability to use multiple weapons in tandem was really slick. Being able to pump an enemy full of explosive darts, throwing a big windmill shuriken into another group of enemies to hold them still and deal DoT, comboing the first enemy, finishing with an air launcher, grabbing another enemy with the chain whip thing into the air with you, slamming them down, dashing into the group of freshly-shuriken'd enemies to kill them while detonating the darts, killing both the original target and the slammed one while finishing the previously-weakened group?

Man, that shit was pretty fuckin' rad. I prefer OG DMC, but DmC certainly has its merits.

DmC I felt had this really well balanced control scheme that, once you accrued enough moves, allowed you do pull off crazy combos without as much effort as the games before. That said, it also had a lot of depth to allow for the highest end of players to do even more complex combos and set-ups. The gameplay certainly didn't suffer of a lack of options IMO, even if they did away with Styles and Style switching.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya is not the bitter disrespectful asshole people portraying him to be, he's super kind actually. He was just tired to reply on every shitty fanfix rumor or gossip about his Capcom past that was thrown at him. I blame westerners with the "i want it all, now" attitude tweeting him shit.

Nov 15, 2017
DmC I felt had this really well balanced control scheme that, once you accrued enough moves, allowed you do pull off crazy combos without as much effort as the games before. That said, it also had a lot of depth to allow for the highest end of players to do even more complex combos and set-ups. The gameplay certainly didn't suffer of a lack of options IMO, even if they did away with Styles and Style switching.
I feel they moved to weapons and weapon switching as a replacement, and it was done in a way that didn't detract from the "stay on your toes but remain hyper-powerful" vibe that DMC practically created.

My only real gripe is when they started mixing and matching Ikaruga-style color coding to what would take damage from what weapon set. That felt cheap.

Nov 15, 2017
Kamiya is not the bitter disrespectful asshole people portraying him to be, he's super kind actually. He was just tired to reply on every shitty fanfix rumor or gossip about his Capcom past that was thrown at him. I blame westerners with the "i want it all, now" attitude tweeting him shit.
I love him. He's a shining example for Twitter. Period.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
That's a default response to things by Kamiya. Don't read to much into it.

Otherwise he'll block you

Status
Not open for further replies.