• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Why are you facepalming, when he is right.

Mainly for the GOW sneak dissing, which is embarrassing. I love God Hand, but you can't be serious with this down with GOW attitude, just because you like DMC. Like, get serious.. and I don't give a shit how much you like DMC, but please don't start some shitty community where it's hard for people that like both games to come and have nice discussions.

Do not worry. I really don't think it will be ots camera. But what you should be worried about is if it's gonna be good on its own anyway.
Me liking GOW has absolutely nothing to do with anything! I'm buying DMC day 1 just like GOW, gimme a fkn break with this garbage.
Lol

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Because prior to MH most of their games were on shoe string budgets or funded by Sony/MS.

Look I think DMC5 is a thing, but it'll be a monkey paw thing I can almost assure you.
We already have DMC2 , no matter how hard they try, they will never make a worse DMC than that one.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see DMC5

But I would love to see Capcom showing nothing just for this thread LOL.

It's a deja Vili every time we are close to a new event

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God Hand is great.

God of War is great.

Great stuff for everyone.
Both truly are great, I completely agree. Gameplay-wise, while I favor GOW, I think both games are at least on par (what edges out GOW for me are the combat options beyond melee, really). We should have more games with fun gameplay and where combat is as satisfying as in these two titles (such as a new DMC, for one).

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
It didn't take even a month, people are saying GoW is bad now?
No, it was before it even released, any series that takes new direction is bound to bring controversy, people are still arguing about RE4 to this day.
and i remember some people that didn't really like it on day 1, some have their opinion improve as they progress, some did not.
And.... i don't see anyone here says that it is "bad" just that it's direction shouldn't be copied by any game, or criticism about it's combat

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great video haha. DMC has more to lose then to gain if Capcom seriously considered OTS gameplay. God of War DNA still feels intact at least that's how I felt despite jumping no longer present, in fact the gameplay feels a lot better and nuanced now, strange that.

God of War was an action adventure game and that is still very much in the new one, games like DMC and NG are character action and damn fast, OTS will take so much of that away.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Great video haha. DMC has more to lose then to gain if Capcom seriously considered OTS gameplay. God of War DNA still feels intact at least that's how I felt despite jumping no longer present, in fact the gameplay feels a lot better and nuanced now, strange that.

God of War was an action adventure game and that is still very much in the new one, games like DMC and NG are character action and damn fast, OTS will take so much of that away.
I do think it wouldn't be such a bad thing for DMC to look at Soulsborne/GoW in terms of picking which targets to take down first and adding a more substantial tactical-order-of-operations element to the combat.

I'd argue, though, that there are already elements of this in the DMC games so far (see for example the 'healer' bishop chess-piece enemy in DMC3, the infection seed things in DMC4, or the shield-generating witch enemies in DmC, among others). And God of War isn't fantastic about enemy *variety* really (it's a great game nobody yell at me).

Dec 9, 2017
Sometimes i think people hype DMC 2 too much above the others in terms of clothes.
ok DMC 3 went for a teen direction, justified in the intro leather clothes, pants etc.it fitted the character as a brash teenager. DMC 4 Dante is a continuation of this, looks cool imo main problem are those hideous boots but im sure he will change them.

DMC 2 Dante is a very serious silent hero.he looks like the protagonist in some vampire manga/anime (wich is alright, but could be changed too)
images
I think people hype up DMC2 Dante because he really pretty well. Even today, he looks so suave <3
Everything is tailored, and his attire seems like a lot of thought went into it...for example; red velvet sleeves? seriously? who thinks of that?? lol
latest

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I think people hype up DMC2 Dante because he really pretty well. Even today, he looks so suave <3
Everything is tailored, and his attire seems like a lot of thought went into it...for example; red velvet sleeves? seriously? who thinks of that?? lol
latest
This design still hasn't been topped. Wonder if DMCV will be the one to take the crown.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly love a bearded Dante, mostly because I think they'd play it as a joke. Have him shave during a fight, etc.

The opening of Ace Ventura 2 is basically my dream Devil May Cry moment. An enlightened, vegan, non-violent and bearded Dante rediscovers his love for stupidity, pizza, violence and a clean shave when tempted back into action all in the space of 5 minutes.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I'd honestly love a bearded Dante, mostly because I think they'd play it as a joke. Have him shave during a fight, etc.

The opening of Ace Ventura 2 is basically my dream Devil May Cry moment. An enlightened, vegan, non-violent and bearded Dante rediscovers his love for stupidity, pizza, violence and a clean shave when tempted back into action all in the space of 5 minutes.
I'm all for that. Have a little fun with how long it's been since DMC4.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect major permanent redesigns for the default character looks, bearded Dante, undercut Nero and long haired Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.