• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2022
Apparently there were a few leaked images of The Last of Us Part I Remake on reddit before they were deleted. Nothing special, just more comparison cutscenes. The watermark seems to suggest we will be getting previews for the game soon.

Edit:

Statements from the leaker:
  • Images/Footage Leaker claims there's no gameplay improvements.
  • Leaker says most gameplay improvements are animations and audio.
  • Leaker says the game supports VRR, 4K40 FPS (Gameplay Mode) & 4K60Fps (Dynamic Mode).
  • Leaker says the game will feature an array of new accessibility options as seen in The Last of Us: Part II, additionally when Joel upgrades a weapon you'll now see him add attachments.
Take the information above with a grain of salt as the leaker didn't provide more information and footage when further questioned

Edit: Naughty Dog has started to take down the images

FYD_iWrXwAE-oTK

c6sr5eW.jpg
d8wjcG3.jpg

ocyr5Vu.jpeg
6qGaKKt.jpeg

kZ4CVQB.jpeg
tFInhb.png

20220721-135933.jpg
20220721-135936.jpg

[NEW] Gameplay & Settings

Nick from XboxEra got his hands on combat footage and some menu settings:

neZCjVs.jpeg
FYJivW8aAAAxoip

FPrrj40.jpeg
S1430005.JPG

View: https://streamable.com/rh53cm

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
looks good.

jeez they really dialed up the facial animations on that character in the spoiler tagged clip… tough

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
At least compared to the last time Naughty Dog was affected with leaks there's not much to spoil.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Say what you want about Troy voicing everything today, that still is one of the greatest video game performances ever.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Inb4

"It looks the same"

While looking at this extremely compressed format on a smartphone or some shit.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
That theater scene looks amazing, its like the epitome of what is now possible with HDR and raytracing

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
also mentioned no gameplay changes, however I don't know whether to trust the leaker or not considering those screenshots are all from before any combat happens

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
It continues to look great visually, never doubted that, but what we really need to see is a demonstration of the changes they made to exploration and combat.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
It continues to look great visually, never doubted that, but what we really need to see is a demonstration of the changes they made to exploration and combat.
also mentioned no gameplay changes, however I don't know whether to trust the leaker or not considering those screenshots are all from before any combat happens
Whether or not we believe it is up to us but leaker says no changes, I don't think ND have said any changes to gameplay are happening either, have they?

nvm just went and checked and they've said changes are happening so I think the leaker is wrong

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that scene still fucks me up.

I was a new dad with a baby daughter when I played it

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
The graphics are amazing. However, I don't care much for graphics and I think the experience will be basically the same, so I will wait to buy a very cheap physical copy in the future.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
At least when it comes to visuals, they are going all out. This screen is seriously impressive.

mlVOyzO.jpeg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Behind that spoiler....

Yea that scene is a thousand times more uncomfortable to watch with the fidelity at this level.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I knew people were overreacting about the visuals. Comparing in engine shots to CGI lmfao

Those gameplay shots though, good LORD that's such a huge improvement

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
So, with the PS5 remake for this game, can we expect a PS5 version of Part II with new graphical options, or are the latest updates to the PS4 version enough?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
gy93QO3.jpeg

Missing the one post-explosion from the theater, OP.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I can't fully believe that leaker saying there's no gameplay changes when the Store page literally says "modernized gameplay mechanics, improved controls" and "enhanced combat and exploration"

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The new color grading in Boston looks great. That area always looked much worse than the rest of the game and it's great to see it's gotten a lot of attention.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
yea the lack of specular occlusion is quite obvious. but i guess that's the sacrifice they have to make to run it at 60fps.

THat is nor a single excuse. This did not stop Insomniac to include it and they could have at least offered two mode one with RT in 30 FPS and without in 60 FPS especially that this game is supposed to be current gen only. This is just their engine is not ready for RT and current gen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.