• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I just bought Uncharted 4, now it appears its going to be on PS+ a week after. Its shortly after I bought it... I don't know what's confusing here.

You're being obtuse. Sony can't control when you buy the product. The game is 4 years old. This is on you.

Detroit took 1 year, I'll give you that but you have no case with UC4.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, Dirt Rally 2.0. This is a real dumb reason to want it on PS4 but this means I can keep my steering wheel setup in the living room where I actually have room!

Never buying a Sony game ever again.

To clarify: I just bought Uncharted 4 last week.

Keep buying games or else Sony will stop putting things on PS+!

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Would this mean the MP would get a boost? Maybe it would be time to check it again.

Also, I almost bought Dirt Rally 2 a couple of times, good thing I was able to resist.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Resetera on PS+

Some months: bah these little indie games suck! Figure it out Sony!

The other months: bah I already own this AAA game! Figure it out Sony!

Merp.
When 16 mln people bought the game it's kinda pointless to give it away imo

But it's even better for Sony, the amount of lost sales is smaller than it was with Colossus

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I already own Uncharted 4, but still a great month for those that don't own it. Not really interested in the other game myself so it's a eh month for me.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great month. Already own Uncharted 4, but it's a great grab for those who don't.
Also, Dirt loos great

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Not sure how I can make this clear, I'm not upset that its on PS+, not even upset I bought it. I'm just saying of course it comes out on PS+ just after I decide to buy it because that's the way the world works. To fuck with people.
Definitely happens to me semi-often on other purchases, but never with gaming.

How much did you pay a couple weeks ago out of curiosity?

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I get why they are putting all their first-party games on PS+ (doesn't cost anything), but kinda sucks for those who buy all their first-party games.

Days Gone next month maybe? Probably a bit too soon.
Why does it suck? There's no way in hell I would wait 4 years for a game to be "free" on PS+.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I sold my physical copy years ago, so I'll take a digital copy of U4. Now I just need Spiderman and GoW to do the same since I sold my physical copies of those too.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Uncharted 4's co-op mode is the reason this is a major win for PS+.

Don't get me wrong, Uncharted 4 is a stellar game all around, but knowing that everyone on my friends list will now have access to UC4 co-op is a treat.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
When 16 mln people bought the game it's kinda pointless to give it away imo

But it's even better for Sony, the amount of lost sales is smaller than it was with Colossus
There's 106 million PS4s sold. Giving it away to potentially the other 89 million units seems less than pointless imo

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
The best Uncharted and the best rally game, so a great month (even though I already have both games).

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
You're being obtuse. Sony can't control when you buy the product. The game is 4 years old. This is on you.

Detroit took 1 year, I'll give you that but you have no case with UC4.
I'm not making a case for anything...
Definitely happens to me semi-often on other purchases, but never with gaming.

How much did you pay a couple weeks ago out of curiosity?
$20 I think, so its not too bad but its still $20 I could have saved if I just waited a week. Haha

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Best rally game too!

Je2Hpuf.png

agZjxPv.png

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Welp now i can have uncharted 4 digitally which is great for me. Might check out the MP again which was pretty great.

Gonna try dirt rally as well since i never played it it

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Dirt Rally, nice. I'm willing to put my awful driving skills to a test and fail miserably. Nevertheless, it's going to be fun:)

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Are you under the impression that you are controlling this?
Not sure what's confusing about this, I just find it funny and annoying that a game I just got becomes "free" a week after I got it. Or gets announced, or leaked or whatever. Made more funny and annoying that its the second time its happened with a Sony game (and its only ever happened with Sony games).

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
$20 I think, so its not too bad but its still $20 I could have saved if I just waited a week. Haha

Aw damn, yeah that sucks lol. Fingers crossed the rumor isn't true?

Fake edit: Oh, it's a leak not a rumor. Damn lol.

Hopefully you at least enjoyed it because if you didn't then that would really suck

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Aw damn, yeah that sucks lol. Fingers crossed the rumor isn't true?

It's probably true lol. Hopefully you at least enjoyed it because if you didn't then that would really suck
Its most likely true, and yeah I enjoyed it and don't regret the purchase at all. Just wish I had waited a week so I could save a few extra dollars :)

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Dirt Rally 2 does not support PSVR so it is clearly worst than Dirt Rally 1. Still a nice game though.

I am glad they gave U4, already played it and LL but only rebought LL digital. Will probably never play U4 but it is nice that more people can experience it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Great month.

I sold my physical copy of UC4 a while ago. Isn't there some sort of stupid restriction where I can't claim the digital copy, or am I thinking of something else ?

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Might try to finish this time. The difficulty spikes made me stop playing, and that was on Hard. Can only imagine Crushing...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
These are two absolutely phenomenal games (Dirt Rally 2.0 was easily in my top ten of last year) but my PS+ expires tomorrow and I'm not letting it renew. This is the latest month in absolutely loads where I've already owned both games they give away. I guess only giving away two games a month now and them actually digging into first party stuff means that people like me who buy a lot of games day one are more and more likely to just already own them.

With F2P games not needing Plus and me being a PS Now subscriber (so I don't need Plus for the things on that), I'm cool not dropping about £50 on another year at the moment.

Doesn't take away from what a strong month that it though if you don't own them. Two great games. I actually think Dirt Rally 2.0 is the better game of these two, it's amazing.