• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What team are you on?

• Team Real, new upgraded Switch/2 this year

Votes: 233 28.0%
  • Team “it will be another OLED”

Votes: 240 28.8%
  • Team Fake, leaker messing with people

Votes: 216 25.9%
  • Team Real, but Pokémon will still run at 30fps/1080p.

Votes: 144 17.3%

• Total voters

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
1iKHUyt.png

This was posted in the Pokémon rumor/leak thread and that last bit felt thread worthy. If this is how it leaks then lol. Note that the leaker could absolutely be messing with people, grain of salt and all that. DLC2 is scheduled for "Winter 2023"
Edit:
the post does exist, so if you are wondering if that is fake, its 100% real.

Edit: apparently eShop has a release by window for DLC2 as April 2024 which now this post would make a bit more sense.

Edit2: just in case, if any content creators are going to make a vid about this rumor, please don't include my post lol.

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So probably before Thanksgiving if they're aiming for this year. Which means they would have to announce it by E3 - so after Zelda is out.

Weird timing but I'm not complaining if 2023 is still in the cards.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Interesting, that'd mean that the model comes out around the holiday season.

So a potential announcement in May?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
One thing is important thing worth noting in this discussion, the "new Nintendo Switch Models" can mean one of two things:

A) Two Nintendo Switch OLED Models based on the Paradox Pokemon announced today could be happening to capitalize on the final DLC (so a Suicune and Virizion model)
B) This could legitimately be a Switch Pro Model that's releasing with two different color joycon SKUs, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary considering the Switch did launch with an all grey SKU and a red/blue SKU.

There's also option C: This leaker is just fucking with us on this last bit of information even though they got everything else right.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, a Switch 2 graphics enhancement patch might bring it up to the level of a Switch 1 game.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I don't buy the last bit at all. They could've added it as a lie alongside legit information to make it believable.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
As other people have commented in the other thread, I don't think it's confirmation of anything, especially with the source himself saying that their English is bad.

neufel

Oct 29, 2017
Switzerland
One thing is important thing worth noting in this discussion, the "new Nintendo Switch Models" can mean one of two things:

A) Two Nintendo Switch OLED Models based on the Paradox Pokemon announced today could be happening to capitalize on the final DLC (so a Suicune and Virizion model)
B) This could legitimately be a new Nintendo Switch model that has two different color joycons or whatever considering the Switch did launch with an all grey SKU and a red/blue SKU.

There's also option C: This leaker is just fucking with us on this last bit of information even though they got everything else right.
The terrible energy of being a leaker AND a prankster

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Even if real the way it's worded could mean anything from a new LE color to a new system

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

B) This could legitimately be a new Nintendo Switch model that has two different color joycons or whatever considering the Switch did launch with an all grey SKU and a red/blue SKU.

I mean but the leakers said a graphics update for a new model. A and B wouldn't make them release an graphics update.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
If there's any part of Nintendo that will actually be able to finally leak the elusive Super Switch, it'd be the part they clearly have no interest in even attempting to pay attention to, Pokemon.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah put me in #TeamFake for this one.

Nintendo: "We don't have much to show at E3 2023" releasing a Switch 2 later in the year? I don't think so.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
new model = a regular themed/special edition SwOLED/Lite

Why assume a whole ass new system

How many games get "Graphic Enhancement Patches" for the current existing systems. It specifically said their making that patch for a new model. The implication being that the new model is more powerful, therefore the graphic enhancements.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I bought the DLC. Part 2 had an estimated release date of 4/30/2024. So if this is real it means a release early next year.

Apr 5, 2022
Are people REALLY trying to get "leak clout" right now? Seriously xD "Oh, so and so got an announcement right, so we'll believe everything they say!" I'm tired of the "Nintendo Switch Pro" aka Switch 2 talk as much as I want a new Nintendo system for game improvement, I say let Nintendo just announce their new system when it's ready.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh I don't buy it. Nintendo would absolutely do E3 if their new system was coming this year. I'd love it to be true though. Makes it more like for Metroid Prime 4 to get a cross-gen beefed up release.