• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Become anyone you say...

super-mario-odyssey.original.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, it's a matter of taste and preference or maybe some nostalgia magic voodoo shit is in the work here as I view the first game better than the sequel.
The first game is better if you play it as a stealth shooter ala splinter cell but the second is a much better hacking simulator with a much more likeable cast, better art direction, and better thought out sandbox game design.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Any NPC is weird, and I'm worried the dystopian setting will be the excuse for having guns. Kinda preferred that, presumably fake?, leak

Oct 27, 2017
Its like the world conspires to leak Ubisoft stuff. When they manage to control info within the company, something like this happens lol.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
A nonlinear game in which the progression is tied to which NPC you are controlling at a given moment

Sounds like a technical nightmare to design. lol

Imagine mapping out each NPC. I can't see how they did it without some major repetition. Maybe procedurally generated characters that fit certain class buckets.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
This idea sounds amazing. I just can't envision how it'll work on an open world scale. Maybe in a JRPG where there's like... 30 NPCs in total. But open world London?

Speculation: Procedurally generated NPCs who each represent a character and some form of choice and consequences system that evolves based on the NPC you choose and who they interact with.

Sounds incredibly ambitious which is the best type of Ubisoft game

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Live footage of me playing the game:

Honestly if Driver: San Francisco wasn't set in a coma dream and didn't have a lighthearted tone it would be the most extistentially horrifying game ever made
Hah I can imagine that. Maybe this could attempt something like this? Imagine controlling someone only to not being able to go back to your original body because someone kidnapped it or some deus ex machina shit happens.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like that, a lot. I've gotta wonder if GTA modding/theater creations inspired this mechanic somewhat.
Iconic hat jokes are back and I love it
Who's laughing now? I could replace all instances of the phrase 'Watch Dogs' in any given article or discussion with 'Iconic hat' and nobody would lose track
regalos-watch-dogs-01.png

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
never cared for WD (both games) and i'm a little puzzled by its success. but here my interest is piqued

i'll see where it goes

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Legion makes me think they are going for that anonymous angle that WD2 had, oh no, it reeks of "how do you do fellow kids"
Marcus was way better than Aiden though.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Play as any NPC is fascinating, especially in a city as diverse as London. If I can experience a variety of stories by playing as different characters, I think that's extremely cool.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hmm, I was really hoping for Watch Dogs 2 in London to be honest. I'm open to what they've got cooking here, but a far future setting with body hopping... Sounds a bit disappointing to me. But will reserve judgement until I've actually seen the game, obviously.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That description, ha, goodbye real world, oh hey world.

Should be a cracking location. Bring on the accents.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
play as anyone?

this sounds like they are trying to ape GTA Online or something

I really just wanted a fun single player experience with a good character and story.But I did not like the last few AC games.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Lol very interested to see how they try and argue that doing brexit in Watch Dogs is not political.
I don't think Ubisoft has ever denied that Watch_Dogs was a political series, though. The last game's marketing campaign largely hinged on mistrust of Facebook in the modern electoral climate, and the game itself was littered with commentary on the state of San Francisco as the tech industry pushes non-wealthy people to the fringes.

If they're also taking the extra step of making this a post-Brexit dystopia, I highly doubt they insist the game has nothing to say about politics.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
"Play as anyone" just makes it sound like the protagonist doesn't matter. How do you write any layered or nuanced interactions while trying to base yourself in present-day politics if your protagonist is literally anyone?

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I'm picturing something more along the lines of how MGSV had you build up mother base, and you could play as members of your combat squad.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
this sounds interesting, ambitious... and not all that appealing to me, personally, speaking as someone who loved Watch Dogs 2 and was really hoping for another game in that vein but, like, less guns more hacking.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I knew it would be disappointing but worse than I thought, ugh Ubisoft.

And yeah that Brexit stuff will go nowhere other than some really limp basic messages.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Play as anyone" just makes it sound like the protagonist doesn't matter. How do you write any layered or nuanced interactions while trying to base yourself in present-day politics if your protagonist is literally anyone?

With the talk of "recruiting" from Jason, I'd bet there's still a central protagonist. You just have the option to swap around and play as other characters, but the events will still revolve around that one.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Dystopian? Now that is interesting.

I prefer the darker tone of the first game.

I didn't liked the second game.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It Watch Dogs 3, A post brexit Dystopian London.

Politics and day to day life has changed forever but Jeremy Corbyn is still leader of the labour party

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Personally I think this game should be more like the first, containing boring characters, a forgettable plot, and zero personality