• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Just thought you guys would want to be in the loop. The source is TheNerdMag. They did the MK11 reveal for Jan 2019.

According to an Amazon UK listing that belongs to Ubisoft, Watch Dogs Legion could be the third installment.

Game Plot:

Watch_Dogs Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London. It's a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London's fortunes. London is one of the most iconic cities in the world and has had a massive influence on all of Western Culture for centuries… London makes total sense for WD, as the city has one of the highest surveillance levels in the world making this the perfect playground.

Details about the game: (Sounds like Driver San Francisco, let's hope not)

Play as anyone, Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems

The listing looks legit. Let's not forget Walmart Canada leaked a lot of E3 2018 games and beyond as well. Perhaps its Amazon's turn?

Update: Kotaku confirms

Update 2:

Officially confirmed:

Hack my phone if repost or old.

Last edited:

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just make it more serious like Watch_Dogs and less high school cool like the sequel and I'm bought.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The name and description are what I've heard too.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yo!! This sounds amazing!

Watch dogs is the GOAT

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
how will this work

will there still be a set protagonist that can somehow body shift or something else?

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
So Ubisoft finally understanding they cant make propelling characters since Ezio lets say fuck it and play random npc number 3082 since they can model them so much. Good on them , zero interest from me though

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Give me an interesting protagonist, I don't want to play as "anyone." The setting sounds great but if you're just any rando off the street my excitement level is definitely taking a dive.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
f0f.png

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft finally doesn't internally leak a game, only for a retailer to do the job for them. Lol

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Huh, I'm curious how they'll keep a coherent storyline with this premise. Sounds interesting, though.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How will Ubisoft try to spin this as non-political?

I mean if its like their last few Tom Clancy games...

They take some current hot button political themes and plaster them all over the marketing and then do fuck all with them in the game outside of some light "Both sides" bullshit.

Last edited:

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Uh, sounds more like a spinoff than a sequel. Was hoping it wouldn't be a future city. Shall wait and see what it looks like.

Also the fact that you can control anyone means there's no character development.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I'm not quite sold on the play as anyone concept. Sure Aiden may have been grimdark as fuck but I thought WD2 was the step in the right direction.

Like on the surface I'm thinking this concept in WD3 may make the narrative feel like you're playing a mission in a multiplayer game that has light story elements thrown in.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not sure I trust a Watch Dogs game of all things to deal with Brexit in a way that's both intelligent and interesting, but we'll see.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just make it more serious like Watch_Dogs and less high school cool like the sequel and I'm bought.
thats a funny description of 2 because the first one is so stupidly dour i feel like it could only appeal to a high schooler trying megahard to put on adult airs. certainly feels like it was written by one

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
How will Ubisoft try to spin this as non-political?
I mean, the Watch Dogs devs have never tried to pretend like their games don't make political statements. Quite the opposite actually:
maxresdefault.jpg

Like, remember how Watch Dogs 2 literally debuted with a demo that featured the main character exposing this dude as he was in the process of having people delete destroy sensitive documents that we steal and release to the public?

Last edited: