• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"See, black and brown people commit all the crime, because they're the only ones we arrest!".

This is textbook institutional racism. It's as if someone wanted to create a simulation to demonstrate precisely what it is to the layperson.

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need to start our own political party with our interests in mind. White America gives no fucks about us even white liberals don't fucking care. Look at them stan for Pete a candidate with little to no black support and pour money into his campaign. It's time to resurrect groups like the Rainbow Coaltion and the Poor Peoples Campaign.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need to start our own political party with our interests in mind. White America gives no fucks about us even white liberals don't fucking care. Look at them stan for Pete a candidate with little to no black support and pour money into his campaign. It's time to resurrect groups like the Rainbow Coaltion and the Poor Peoples Campaign.
Third Parties don't work in America.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The dude responsible for implementing a clearly racist policy also happened to make racist remarks regarding that policy. I am shocked! Absolutely shocked!

Like literally no one should be surprised here. At least this makes it very clear so we no longer have to deal with apologists. I hope this dudes chances of winning are nonexistent after this. Entitled fucking billionaire asshole is running for president just because he can and he feels like he deserves it. He is helping re-elect Trump. Should have ran as a Republican and challenged Trump. That's where he clearly belongs.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Literally a smarter version of Trump.

People will warning that what's going to happen. Is that even if we get rid of trump, there's always going to be someone worse and probably smarter than Trump that know how to work the system. If this guy gets in office you now have a Republican in Democratic sheep clothing. Same with Biden, and I don't even like him. The only safe choice now, it's either Warren or Bernie. The popular vote will vote for Bernie before Warren.

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Third Parties don't work in America.
La Raza Unida Party was up and running in Texas in 60's and 70's to give Mexican-Americans a voice in state politics. They organized, registered voters and ran their own gubernatorial candidatediate. They lost the governors race but picked up 15 seats along the Texas border area. I'd say it's possible just not easy. We can't keep waiting for white America to sort their shit out while our people continue to suffer.

Oct 25, 2017
People will warning that what's going to happen. Is that even if we get rid of trump, there's always going to be someone worse and probably smarter than Trump that know how to work the system. If this guy gets in office you now have a Republican in Democratic sheep clothing. Same with Biden, and I don't even like him. The only safe choice now, it's either Warren or Bernie. The popular vote will vote for Bernie before Warren.
Yea and I was one of those people.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised he backtracked at all on stop and frisk. Like its completely vile but also I don't think its generally as unpopular of a policy as folks in this thread make it out to be. Folks are racist. It's not a thing thats going to torpedo his candidacy.
What are you basing this on? Just a gut feeling? I would like to see polls conducted in 2020 on this matter.

anyway, Bloomberg is backtracking on this because he doesn't want to fuck his chances with Black dem voters in the primary which is a voting block that's critical to winning the nominations. Losing the black vote will absolutely torpedo a candidacy.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
What are you basing this on? Just a gut feeling? I would like to see polls conducted in 2020 on this matter.

anyway, Bloomberg is backtracking on this because he doesn't want to fuck his chances with Black dem voters in the primary which is a voting block that's critical to winning the nominations. Losing the black vote will absolutely torpedo a candidacy.

The fact he was elected mayor of NYC, of all cities, 3 times? It took off during his time as mayor and he was in support of it the entire time and he still got voted back in multiple times.

I'd love to see some polls too though.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact he was elected mayor of NYC, of all cities, 3 times? It took off during his time as mayor and he was in support of it the entire time and he still got voted back in multiple times.

I'd love to see some polls too though.
I would say Bloomberg's money and network were the reason he was elected 3 times (in fact he quite literally bought his 3rd term here) more so than people desire to see black teenagers get their skulls cracked indiscriminately. and he served his last term as mayor in 2013 before Black Lives Matter and before other criminal justice movements shifted public consciousness on policing and the prison industrial complex.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing just gets crazier. Kinda saddened by some of the dismissive posts (granted they're banned) in here

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would say Bloomberg's money and network were the reason he was elected 3 times (in fact he quite literally bought his 3rd term here) more so than people desire to see black teenagers get their skulls cracked indiscriminately. and he served his last term as mayor in 2013 before Black Lives Matter and before other criminal justice movements shifted public consciousness on policing and the prison industrial complex.
There are mountains of studies about this. The only people that liked stop and frisk was the NYPD, on top of it being proven time and time again a waste of resources and horribly inefficient

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
He's already tweeted about it but deleted it. Probably because it causes in fighting among Dems which is great for him. And also probabaly his supporters agree with Bloomberg lol.
Preview of Trump vs. Bloomberg
Shzao6G.jpg
From Sept. 2016:
www.nbcnews.com

Trump supports stop-and-frisk despite policy's widespread condemnation

Donald Trump’s support of 'stop-and-frisk' is his solution to crime, but critics say it did little to reduce crime but a lot to exacerbate tensions.
Donald Trump is staying true to his tough talk on crime and law enforcement in America's most violent cities, no matter the political costs. In response to the unrest in Charlotte, Trump called for the nationwide adoption of a practice a federal judge called unconstitutional and critics derided as ineffective racial profiling.

During a campaign stop at an African American church in Cleveland and in multiple interviews over the course of the past 24 hours, Trump hailed a policy known as "stop-and-frisk" and offered it as solution to crime-ridden neighborhoods in cities like Chicago. The tactic authorizes police to indiscriminately stop and search any pedestrian for weapons or illegal contraband.

"I think stop-and-frisk, in New York City, it was so incredible the way it worked," Trump said during a town hall posted by Fox News Host Sean Hannity.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Yeah this sounds bad but you need to vote blue no matter who!

So liberals can stop pretending to care about ethnic minorities because thinking about race is very difficult and tiring for them and they need our help
How dare the moderators warn this poster for this post? Who even thought to report this? Come out here and explain yourself. I'm actually angry. Minorities definitely have the right to not vote for Mike Bloomberg despite pressure from liberals, full fucking stop, and it's not "derailment" to say so in a thread with receipts on why. Fuck that.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How dare the moderators warn this poster for this post? Who even thought to report this? Come out here and explain yourself. I'm actually angry. Minorities definitely have the right to not vote for Mike Bloomberg despite pressure from liberals, full fucking stop, and it's not "derailment" to say so in a thread with receipts on why. Fuck that.
Zvonimir Bodan is always telling the truth in these threads. One of the best posters on this forum.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but if this guy somehow gets the nomination, I'm staying home. I refuse between either him or Trump.
I think people who would stay home because they don't want to vote for Biden/Buttigieg are despicable. But honestly this I kinda get.

I'd still vote for Bloomberg though, mainly because I'm sick of seeing Trump's fucking disgusting face on TV.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think people who would stay home because they don't want to vote for Biden/Buttigieg are despicable. But honestly this I kinda get.

I'd still vote for Bloomberg though, mainly because I'm sick of seeing Trump's fucking disgusting face on TV.
So we can have a more competent white supremacist president instead? Idk man...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So we can have a more competent white supremacist president instead? Idk man...
Well there is a gap between standard racist and outright white supremacist. I'd imagine at least half the country is about as racist as Bloomberg

Not that this is something we should have to be thinking about when electing a damn President of the United States

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Well there is a gap between standard racist and outright white supremacist. I'd imagine at least half the country is about as racist as Bloomberg

Not that this is something we should have to be thinking about when electing a damn President of the United States

The gap isn't really that big if you're black. Picking between a person who is racist outloud versus one who puts on airs and a veneer of civility but it's racist on policy hurts us all the same, see: America's entire existence for more information.

And really the thing people need to really start to learn is that these policies don't start and stop with us, they literally trickle down to white America too so it's always weird that people are okay with it, and I'd argue it ends up hitting white America harder then it finally does hit them.

So really even if people are fine with how black Americans get treated and affected by policy they should still be against it for their own sake

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Trump is a dumbass, but Bloomberg is more terrifying because he will have an actual agenda if he managed to get in.
In the end, we all lose.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Wolves in sheep's clothing are dangerous, perhaps moreso in other ways.

Fuck Bloomberg. Money out of politics pls. This billionaire racist shouldn't be able to buy a nomination

Jun 10, 2018
The gap isn't really that big if you're black. Picking between a person who is racist outloud versus one who puts on airs and a veneer of civility but it's racist on policy hurts us all the same, see: America's entire existence for more information.

And really the thing people need to really start to learn is that these policies don't start and stop with us, they literally trickle down to white America too so it's always weird that people are okay with it, and I'd argue it ends up hitting white America harder then it finally does hit them.

So really even if people are fine with how black Americans get treated and affected by policy they should still be against it for their own sake
You implied the disconnect for their reasoning rather succinctly: they believe bigotry targeted towards black individuals largely won't affect them and, at best, don't care, or worse, actively cheer for it.

How else can you explain someone being willing to stomach Buttigieg despite him having the same issues regarding race?