• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns of racism
My test is always "will X stop family separation and child abuse at the border?" and Mike is at least a probably

seriously like I feel for the black posters who are disgusted by Bloomberg and his actions but if you think OVERALL that he wouldn't be better on just about every issue compared to trump then I don't know what to tell you. I sincerely doubt RBG could last another term and if you want the Supreme Court to slide another 2 or 3 justices to the right then idk.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My test is always "will X stop family separation and child abuse at the border?" and Mike is at least a probably
but do you *truly* believe he's going to do anything about this issue? For me, I can't see it.
also this:
with all due respect and empathy to those kids, if Bloomberg half asses climate change we're *all* gonna die.
We don't have time to waste. Thinking, "oh, we just gotta get rid of Trump and everything will be okay," doesn't solve anything. We have to stomp out Trump and everything that comes after. Bloomberg is what comes after. The world will continue to get worse and then boom, we all die from climate change.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
It's always a bit funny seeings things like this for me as a black guy. I live in NY and if you know you know but it's always nice seeing them out themselves then be surprised at the backlash.

Jun 10, 2018
seriously like I feel for the black posters who are disgusted by Bloomberg and his actions but if you think OVERALL that he wouldn't be better on just about every issue compared to trump then I don't know what to tell you. I sincerely doubt RBG could last another term and if you want the Supreme Court to slide another 2 or 3 justices to the right then idk.
I don't know if this is your intention but your post is coming across as minimalizing the harm someone like Bloomberg has caused to black/brown individuals.

Furthermore, electing someone who believes bigoted ideologies like Bloomberg isn't a guarantee his executive branch WON'T elect right-leaning SC judges anyway.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I was literally waiting on this shit. It just came sooner than I expected considering how no one as far as I know in the mainstream media bothered to bring it up.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean his record on abusing children of color is pretty fucking poor. What makes you think the man who promotes cops roughing up black kids is gonna care about brown kids who aren't even citizens of this country?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I mean his record on abusing children of color is pretty fucking poor. What makes you think the man who promotes cops roughing up black kids is gonna care about brown kids who aren't even citizens of this country?

Ok Trump is already doing the things he's doing and you're speculating Bloomberg would do the same. Who is more dangerous? The guaranteed child imprisoner or the guy who today said he's for path to citizenship for undocumented people and is against the travel ban and wall?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why you believe anything Bloomberg says tbh. It's easy to put shit up on a campaign website. His entire existence prior to this run for president is in direct opposition to his supposed platform. The man is the literal definition of a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok Trump is already doing the things he's doing and you're speculating Bloomberg would do the same. Who is more dangerous? The guaranteed child imprisoner or the guy who today said he's for path to citizenship for undocumented people and is against the travel ban and wall?
Bloomberg is also a child imprisoner. I don't believe him when he says he's done imprisoning children.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm filing this one one under "Black people have no Allies (TM)".

This just shows you some Democrats are full of shit. They will concern troll about Latino kids at the border but have no problem propping up or voting for a guy who broke up Black/Latino families while teabagging the 4th Amendment.

Democrats want to restore faith in our institutions then a guy that exacerbated police- citizen relations gets to buy his way into competing smh.

Last edited:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017

This just shows you some Democrats are full of shit. They will concern troll about Latino kids at the border but have no problem propping up or voting for a guy who broke up Black/Latino families while teabagging the 4th Amendment.
Preach this shit to the heavens.This thread has successfully fucked my day up, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Democrats want to restore faith in our institutions then a guy that exacerbated police- citizen relations gets to buy his way into competing smh.
This day has been demoralizing and seeing Twitter replies praising this monster has led me to having some dark thoughts. Liberals/Establishment truly give no shit about black or brown people unless we're used as tokens.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
with all due respect and empathy to those kids, if Bloomberg half asses climate change we're *all* gonna die.
But with Trump in another 4 years we're all gonna die and those kids will be tortured and refugees will be sent to die even sooner
I said probably! That's higher than the current dude, so I'd vote for Bloomburg over Trump but I wouldn't think we'd be immediately in a wholly better situation, just that we'd have less outright evil being standard government policy.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This day has been demoralizing and seeing Twitter replies praising this monster has led me to having some dark thoughts. Liberals/Establishment truly give no shit about black or brown people unless we're used as tokens.
Pretty much, also add trans people to that too because Bloomberg has said some virulently transphobic shit too.
But with Trump in another 4 years we're all gonna die and those kids will be tortured and refugees will be sent to die even sooner

I said probably! That's higher than the current dude, so I'd vote for Bloomburg over Trump but I wouldn't think we'd be immediately in a wholly better situation, just that we'd have less outright evil being standard government policy.
I have 0 confidence Bloomberg is going to govern in a less racist manner than Trump. Everything he's ever done in government suggests the opposite.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Hostility; dismissing concerns of racism

Fuck off, I'm not supporting Bloomberg or excusing his racist shit. My vote is not always endorsement. In the worst case scenario, I want to vote for the least damage even if it's voting for a 5.7 earthquake vs a 6.0. I'm voting for Bernie in the primaries and I wish the DNC would tell Mike to fuck off.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. We are used as a tool of convenience and to deliver wins, then cast aside when we need help. The Democratic Party takes us almost entirely for granted even after 2016. That's why I have started taking the tack that I'll only support candidates who will fight for material change and not just mouth words when they need our votes in the primary.

News media sucks ass

Joy Reid reminding us that not all black folks feel solidarity in the struggle. Awful.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Concern trolling and dismissing concerns of racism over multiple posts
Just cause I prefer Bloomberg to Trump doesn't mean I want him to win. But I'd definitely vote for him over Trump. They're not even in the same vicinity on reprehensible actions/behavior. Rather have president Bloomberg than Trump any day. Anyone running now I'd rather have over Trump.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just cause I prefer Bloomberg to Trump doesn't mean I want him to win. But I'd definitely vote for him over Trump. They're not even in the same vicinity on reprehensible actions/behavior. Rather have president Bloomberg than Trump any day. Anyone running now I'd rather have over Trump.
They have the same politics. The only difference is Bloomberg won't put on mobster cosplay in the White House

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You can also not vote, like 40% of registered voters did in 2016. You have that right. You can choose not to vote for two incredibly shitty people. No one is forcing your hand.

HcOjIjT.jpg

These people are not your friends, and they do not represent anyone except themselves.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
People really think Bloomberg is better than trump? The guy who's shown to be more coy and hidden about his approach to minorities?
I'm hoping he doesn't get the nomination, because that choice would be as someone earlier states; pick your poison.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
It's always a bit funny seeings things like this for me as a black guy. I live in NY and if you know you know but it's always nice seeing them out themselves then be surprised at the backlash.

Facts. Hell, I was so annoyed at my naive White friends being so surprised about Reagan. I couldn't roll my eyes further for Giuliani, and now Bloomberg as a Brooklyn native.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
You can also not vote, like 40% of registered voters did in 2016. You have that right. You can choose not to vote for two incredibly shitty people. No one is forcing your hand.

HcOjIjT.jpg

These people are not your friends, and they do not represent anyone except themselves.

Oh yeah that worked really well in 2016. The country and world are so much better because people didn't see the difference between Clinton and Trump. Every presidential election I've voted in has been for the lesser of two evils. Except maybe 2008. Not voting is voting for a second Trump term. I'm not voting for a friend, I'm voting for president. Not voting means you have 0 say in the political process.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah that worked really well in 2016. The country and world are so much better because people didn't see the difference between Clinton and Trump. Every presidential election I've voted in has been for the lesser of two evils. Except maybe 2008. Not voting is voting for a second Trump term. I'm not voting for a friend, I'm voting for president. Not voting means you have 0 say in the political process.
When the options are a racist or a racist it really feels like I don't have any say even if I do vote.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I find it interesting to those who are surprised by this? It's been called out since day 1. You don't have to hear him say it to use your eyes.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You'd just be picking a different flavor of white supremacist here. There is no lesser evil between Bloomburg and Trump and their records prove that.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, but I'm going to be pretty blunt: anyone coming into this thread about audio of Bloomberg being racist as fuck to guilt trip or brow beat PoC voters because they are strongly considering not voting for a more palatable white supremacist into the WH if he wins the nomination can fuck right off.

The last two days, I seen people who claim to be progressives and "allies" fucking rationalizing and even cheering a Bloomberg nomination, sweeping his racism, sexism, and the disgusting modern day American oilgarchy he represents under the rug. My eyes have become wide-open towards white liberals ever since the Ilhan Omar dust up last year. They see PoC as trained dogs that should suffer any amount of abuse and neglect because "we can't let the other side win! So suck it up!" Shit's so depressing.

Jun 10, 2018
You'd just be picking a different flavor of white supremacist here. There is no lesser evil between Bloomburg and Trump and their records prove that.
It's like the tweet posted earlier alluded to: voters like sapien wish for the quiet part to be done quietly again. It's the optics of Trump's antics they largely disapprove of, rather than any of his unethical stances.

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Never mind...Bloom over Trump is a an amazing fucking win. They both suck so bad but there are much worse options.

Last edited:

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017

HcOjIjT.jpg

That's just golf.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
All Bloomberg has is flood the market with really done commercials but when he gets to a debate watch him melt down like Guiliani did when he was running a few cycles ago.

NY mayors thinking they can run because they are loved, when in actuality they are just hated. Bloomberg is about as likeable as a papercut

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how some people thought Bloomberg was the Dems best bet because he's a billionaire like Trump without the racism?

I hope people don't fall for his ads. Bloomberg's cash is a threat to everyone else running.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
like a certain folk singer once said liberals are 10 degrees to the left in good times, 10 degrees to the right if it affects them personally

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People honestly being banned for saying they prefer Bloomberg to Trump? Is the sky blue? Is grass green? Bloomberg is the only candidate where I'd seriously consider staying home but that anyone would prefer him over Trump doesn't strike me as particularly controversial.

inb4 my ban for "dismissing concerns of racism" I guess.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
People honestly being banned for saying they prefer Bloomberg to Trump? Is the sky blue? Is grass green? Bloomberg is the only candidate where I'd seriously consider staying home but that anyone would prefer him over Trump doesn't strike me as particularly controversial.

inb4 my ban for "dismissing concerns of racism" I guess.
Context matters. Look at the threads subject, and what is being discussed here. Coming in and saying you'd still support, or even prefer, this fellow because he's potentially the better of two options in a hypothetical situation, when we're discussing his racist policies and practices, is still showing support for racist policies and practices.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Obama didn't even stop it. What makes you think this man, whose utter contempt for minority populations is self-evident in the tenor of his voice and the meaning of his words, would ever do so much as lift a finger to help those people?