• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Full credit to r/GamingLeaksAndRumours for this.

Magolor-Epilogue.png

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I really hope this means a Direct is near but this could also be revealed in a Twitter drop. I never played the Wii version so I have this preordered. Looks fun!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this means a Direct is near but this could also be revealed in a Twitter drop. I never played the Wii version so I have this preordered. Looks fun!
With the NNUID's for the eshop being updated for Zelda and Advance Wars (plus retailers opening back preorders in general for advance wars the last two days), it seems one is looming, we usually get one in feb

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Merch has kept Magalor in rotation for years now. Kinda not too surprised. Looks like its getting a Meta Knight Redemption?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I always enjoyed Magalor. Glad he was kept around to be on the shortlist for stuff like this.

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
Being on the back of the box, this is definitely something they'll want to announce beforehand.

Gimme that Direct.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I would spoiler tag this considering some people haven't played this game, or every Kirby game for that matter. That said, it would be amazing if this re-release keeps expanding on the lore from the main switch titles...

I think anyone who has never played it or every Kirby game such as myself will be so fucking confused by what they are seeing that it may as well be spoiler proof.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish i liked Kirby games, because Nintendo seems to like the franchise enough to release multiple games in this series during any console's lifetime.
But i like F Zero because I'm dumb.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
I would spoiler tag this considering some people haven't played this game, or every Kirby game for that matter. That said, it would be amazing if this re-release keeps expanding on the lore from the main switch titles...
A spoiler that can only be comprehended by someone who has already consumed said media is by definition not a spoiler.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I wish i liked Kirby games, because Nintendo seems to like the franchise enough to release multiple games in this series during any console's lifetime.
But i like F Zero because I'm dumb.
Kirby has an advantage of

1) Having a dedicated studio (Ie HAL Laboratory and Warp Star Inc. interested in developing it.

2) selling consistently and being profitable relative to its budget

3) Sweet Sweet japanese merch sales (If only they went harder in the west)

The first one i feel poeple over look the most, series like Donkey Kong sell quite well, even more than kirby but lack a consistent studio interested in making games for the series hence the long gaps that franchise takes

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Yesss, continue the ascension of Magolor to being the fourth Kirby pillar, replace the generic Dee!

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
A spoiler that can only be comprehended by someone who has already consumed said media is by definition not a spoiler.
If you're just looking at it without actually reading anything then I guess it's safe. But regarding this game in particular:
I'm pretty sure reading about Magolor stealing the ship and the crown would give the impression that he's a villain and not an ally. Plus being friends with a popular twist villain that appears in Smash.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Why the Bandana Dee hate?
I just feel like Kirby has more interesting and unique looking side characters than taking the standard enemy and putting a bandana on it, I get why the dees often work for various simple multiplayer roles (ala Toads in the Mario series)

Somehow we always end up back at smash bros here lol, but I'm just saying if we ever get the fabled fourth Kirby character in that series, give me mage lad
With apologies to fans of Bandana Dee, I just find him so...filler-esque, even when they keep having him recur

Maybe let me choose between multiple different Dee headgear and we'll have a stew going
Damn, that's a great idea, I wanna send it to HAL.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this one is about Magalor building a theme park for his best friend Kirbo.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
a retail box of a game coming out in a few weeks landing in someones hands has absolutely no bearing on a Direct or anything else?!?!?

I think the idea is they haven't mentioned a bonus mode at all and if it's being advertised on the box and not a hidden feature it makes sense for them to show it in a Direct or at least a tweet before it launches. Seems like a reason for people who've already played the original to pick it up.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Always count on Kirby to break a whole bunch of new stuff for it's remakes. Should be fun to pick this one up.

But please don't have Galacta Knight get absorbed by Morpho Knight again please. Galacta is way more fun of a fight than Morpho Knight is.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I think the idea is they haven't mentioned a bonus mode at all and if it's being advertised on the box and not a hidden feature it makes sense for them to show it in a Direct or at least a tweet before it launches. Seems like a reason for people who've already played the original to pick it up.
yea this is something that'll be in the overview trailer but it being in a trailer near launch that will come regardless still has nothing to do with if/when a Direct happens or not. like, there is simply no correlation between this existing and a Direct at all. I know it's January and people are "going through it" again like it's moon phases but...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Still probably not worth buying Return to Dream Land again, but nice extra content for the Kirby faithful.

pls release Super Star Ultra on Switch, nintendo

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was gonna hold off due to all the other Feb. games, but man, with all the stuff that's getting added, I'm so damn tempted to replay this.

Also looks like this confirms amiibo supports. Guessing it'll be similar to Planet Robobot where you get different abilities based on who you scan, i.e. Mario gives you Fire, Marth would give Sword, etc. Or maybe just some random item like Forgotten Land by scanning Kirby amiibo.