• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for it now. Went from absolutely no hype to really interested over the last few days. Footage sealed the deal. Pretty cool DC allowed them to make a character study like this.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The leaked script and story makes this movie seem really bad imo. The marketing department is doing a fantastic job for a movie made by an awful director tho
You mean the reaction to an alleged "leaked script"? This movie's getting really good reviews so it sounds like you just want the movie to be bad.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna judge because even in leaked form he blew Ledger away, but how do you write a scene with Joker literally talking about LIVING IN A SOCIETY and not have someone notice?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If not for Phoenix's acting that would have been rather ho hum especially the dialogue coming from the Joker. I don't doubt this film isn't aiming for subtle but that was blunt and on the nose as it gets.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I...I actually didn't think the clip was all that great? Of course, I'm missing the context of the rest of the movie, but it seemed rather lackluster.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
You mean the reaction to an alleged "leaked script"? This movie's getting really good reviews so it sounds like you just want the movie to be bad.
The twist and why hes upset is stupid. The director hasnt made a good movie yet. Its getting free press because of incels and people worried they'll shoot up theaters.

its all marketing.

spoiler:
I saw a screening of this last week.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Why is everyone so amazed by this? I'm sure this movie is good, but these clips are just like.....ok?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
man the people that live on those chan websites are going to be rock hard for this.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty tight. Between the reviews and this apparent climax of the movie, I've gone from pretty lukewarm to making time for it once it releases.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix is great of course but everything else about that was... not good? That dialogue is pretty bad. Are people just shocked seeing violence and swear words in a DC movie or something?

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate Joke, Mocking an Accent
The twist and why hes upset is stupid. The director hasnt made a good movie yet. Its getting free press because of incels and people worried they'll shoot up theaters.

its all marketing.

spoiler:
I saw a screening of this last week.

Edit: I apologize if this was taken the wrong way.

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I...I actually didn't think the clip was all that great? Of course, I'm missing the context of the rest of the movie, but it seemed rather lackluster.
I'm in the same boat. Its great acting with a pretty boiler plate plot. I think its the combination of "serious" comic book movie plus all the festival praise that is causing all the hype. Or maybe folks on Era just don't watch that many movies?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice conspiracy theory. Anything else you'd like to say about other people's opinions that are not your own? Hint: your opinion is just your opinion, film critics have their own as well.

Also, if you watched the movie last week, why are you talking about leaked scripts instead of telling us what you didn't like that's actually in the movie?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure if making this movie was a good idea.

Some of the events and rhetoric in those clips mirror actual real life tradgedies (like Aurora) and seeing them portrayed like this is super uncomfortable.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I love Joaquin Phoenix's interpretation of the Joker as a murderous, crazy man-baby. This clip was so tense.