• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
You barely post in gaming sub and yet, you came into THIS ONE to mock people :
  1. That means it worked on you (again, sorry, you seem pretty insecure...)
  2. If that's your only contribution to gaming Forum, you should ask yourself about the goal of what you are posting.
  3. Funny to describe my take as "dumb" while you fall for "shitty marketing" (by your own word). That's cute :)

What the fuck is this. Have fun on my ignore list with 220 other people.

Such a friendly place this site is, my god.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I got a leaked screen from the trailer:
iaksfgtmvre71.jpg
were you waiting for a thread to post this in

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
I'm in this camp. It originally had some amusing coincidences, but it's obvious that a random indie dev is latching onto anything for attention so people will pay attention to their game.
The coincidences were interesting, and some of the happenstance was intriguing(Geoff Keighley talking it up, the blogpost making it seem like sony was backing it). And most of it was debunked or explained in some way. This rumor has been coasting ever since, occasionally buoyed by the devs lying and hinting at nothing.

I was so into the whole idea of it, at the start, but there's little to believe in.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
The fact you are commenting here is a proof it worked on you too... Sad for you.
Exactly.

This thread and basically any thread about this has been amazing.

So many ironic posts..... You know how many threads I actually used the ignore feature on? I lost count.

Not because of some shitty marketing, sketchy devs....because...I'm.....just ...not...interested ...in....them.....

I dont think I have ever posted in a single Smash Bros thread....because I have absolutely no interest in it.... And alot of those are on my ignore list.

Has nothing to do with Nintendo, the devs....I'm just not interested in the game.....and its gets in the way of stuff I actually wanna see.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
  2. If that's your only contribution to gaming Forum, you should ask yourself about the goal of what you are posting.
  3. Funny to describe my take as "dumb" while you fall for "shitty marketing" (by your own word). That's cute :)
Lmao what is this. All this because they said shitty marketing worked on people.

Sonderhen

Sep 15, 2020
Honestly this schtick has gotten so old. And the minute this is announced and isn't some Kojima/Silent Hill/MGS surprise people are going to lose their shit. People that overhyped the fuck out of a random rumor. This has been dragged on for so long already.

Stop blaming people, blame the developer.

If this game isn't by Kojima, Hasan Kahraman is the biggest liar developer of all time.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Mostly just tired of hearing about this dev and all the coy references, "leaks," and allusions to their game. I have no deep love or history for Silent Hill or MGS nor do I have any shred of confidence that their game is related to either IP, so my exasperation at this point is born from having the gaming equivalent of a niece or nephew that keeps going around the house saying, "I have a seeeeecreeeeet!"

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
I think is more posible Nuare making MGS or Silent hill and Blue box only the app or something like that.

Look at this tweets from Leo Enin, Nuare Owner, chronologically.

What do you think? I see this more believable than Blue Box and that's why BB said they had no relation with Kojima, cause Kojima is working with Nuare? Ok that's a long shot haha

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
Have they come out and outright said it's not a SH game? I'm just curious if this is the dev letting this continue, or the standard "gamers get a rumor and run with it, setting themselves up for disappointment and then lashing out like babies".

Either way, they should put the kibosh on this before it spectacularly blows up in their faces.

Orion117

Dec 8, 2018
The post is removed btw on that subreddit because the interviewer said the excerpt is taken way out of context. Its best to close the thread as well as its helping no one.

Orion117

Dec 8, 2018
Have they come out and outright said it's not a SH game? I'm just curious if this is the dev letting this continue, or the standard "gamers get a rumor and run with it, setting themselves up for disappointment and then lashing out like babies".

Either way, they should put the kibosh on this before it spectacularly blows up in their faces.
They've outright denied that its silent hill related or kojima related.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Hasan is trying to will his own Silent Hill game into existence by hyping things and being sly and hoping Konami licenses the IP to him

Good luck!

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
I will never stop believing.

EDIT:
LOL this is EXACTLY it

The sky is made of one color, and it starts with B, and ends with E. In order to reference what this sky is, I'm going to refer to stuff that has a certain color in it: ocean, water, berries. Before moving on with the conversation, I need to clarify that the sky is not blue. However, the sky looks just like in this picture:
blue-sky-and-clouds-1400674.jpg

Remember, I have never said that the sky is blue. I have never associated the sky with the blue color. Why would people think the sky is blue? Anyways, here's another picture of what the sky looks like, blurred:
cielo-azul-borroso-38656372.jpg

If you ask me if the sky is blue, I'm going to tell you that it is definitely NOT blue. But if another person asks me, I'm going to tell them that the sky MIGHT be blue. If you confront me, the creator of this sky, and ask me to clarify whether the sky is blue or not, I'm going to tell you that I no longer know if it's blue or not. The color of the sky is a word made by 4 letters.

Keep in mind, that so far, I've never said that the sky IS blue, so you can not hold me accountable when I show you the sky, and it's red. By the way, I will reveal what color the sky is in a few days. I hope you guys don't feel BLUE when you finally know what it is. Bye! 💎💙🌊🌌🧊💧🐬🔵

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I mean...has Konami, Kojima, Sony, etc ever denied anything related to all these rumors?

I know Sony is usually quiet but these rumors are about 2 of Konami's most recognizable IPs. Why hasn't Konami said anything yet?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Lol, what in the world. Why attack the person? Little need for the aggression over a single opinion on a game's marketing.

Lmao what is this. All this because they said shitty marketing worked on people.
Again, this person came in a gaming forum (something rarely done) with a pedantic take mocking people and calling the marketing "shitty".
And all of this while falling in the marketing.

So yes, I like to point out irony, especially if this is pedantic in the first place, and this one was way too big to be missed.
Exactly.

This thread and basically any thread about this has been amazing.

So many ironic posts..... You know how many threads I actually used the ignore feature on? I lost count.

Not because of some shitty marketing, sketchy devs....because...I'm.....just ...not...interested ...in....them.....

I dont think I have ever posted in a single Smash Bros thread....because I have absolutely no interest in it.... And alot of those are on my ignore list.

Has nothing to do with Nintendo, the devs....I'm just not interested in the game.....and its gets in the way of stuff I actually wanna see.

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
why would they comment on shit that has nothing to do with them?

I mean...it's their IPs. They literally own these series. "No, we aren't working with Bluebox Studios. Any similarity with any of our characters is a coincidence" I don't know. Something?

At this point i'm just here waiting for the moment all of this backfires tbh.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Again, this person came in a gaming forum (something rarely done) with a pedantic take mocking people and calling the marketing "shitty".

So yes, I like to point out irony, especially if this is pedantic in the first place, and this one was way too big to be missed.

I'm more concerned with the odd fixation to try and dunk on the guy and check his post history for making a fairly innocent post (the nerve) on a gaming forum about a game's marketing, but c'est la vie.
I mean...it's their IPs. They literally own these series. "No, we aren't working with Bluebox Studios. Any similarity with any of our characters is a coincidence" I don't know. Something?

where I'm at as well. Wondering how the reaction will be when the dust settles.

Orion117

Dec 8, 2018
I mean...has Konami, Kojima, Sony, etc ever denied anything related to all these rumors?

I know Sony is usually quiet but these rumors are about 2 of Konami's most recognizable IPs. Why hasn't Konami said anything yet?
They probably dont care. Its only giving those ips free airtime.

Sony i'm not surprised hant said anything. They didnt even comment on that bluepoint tweet and that was an official account.

Idk how you consider that falling for marketing but okay.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020

Never confirm or deny rumors.

It makes it easier to keep secrets when you actually are working with someone and dont want people to know.

If you deny every false rumor then say nothing about real thing its pretty obvious.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I'm more concerned with the odd fixation to try and dunk on the guy and check his post history for making a fairly innocent post on a gaming forum about a game's marketing, but c'est la vie.
I don't think someone randomly coming just to call people idiots is "innocent" at all, but c'est la vie.
And "fixation"?! For two posts?

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think someone randomly coming just to call people idiots is "innocent" at all, but c'est la vie.
Just adding onto the dogpile to say that you definitely don't come out of this shining. Using someone's post history or their activity as a weapon is real fucken stupid.

cableboy

Jul 15, 2019
Gotta get Abandoned into the news cycle again before the reveal on the 10th. At this point it's entertaining to see where the marketing goes but how many times can you flip back and forth between "it's not Silent Hill we have no contact with Konami" and "no it is Silent Hill maybe, if Konami lets me, we'll see"? This is just a lackluster indie game, I wish they'd drop the act.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
How does a portion of an interview get "leaked?" And then the supposed random guy that did the interview doesn't seem to wonder how it possibly got leaked either.

I think this is just completely made up, honestly.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Feels like this gen's Sadness. Lotta chumps fell for that one back in the day too. People need to add this project to their mental block list already and stop feeding the beast.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
All this confirms to me is that Konami still have no sodding idea what they're doing with the Silent Hill IP and that the quicker they sell the IP to a capable publisher, the better.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
How does a portion of an interview get "leaked?" And then the supposed random guy that did the interview doesn't seem to wonder how it possibly got leaked either.

I think this is just completely made up, honestly.

Yup. How does a "portion" of an interview "get leaked" when the only person who could record would be the interviewer and interviewee.

And it somehow confirms that it's not Silent Hill.

What more proof do you want that it actually is.
tenor.gif

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there's no reason to acknowledge them. they're not hurt by Bluebox's nonsense and they spend fewer resources ignoring them

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Sorry, can I ask you how are some of you so sure of "what the deal is"?
He intimated the game was a Silent Hill game in order to generate buzz (or possibly given this interview in an attempt for Konami to reach out to him to work on the Silent Hill IP?), he leaned into the speculation, it was not, he lied. He then came out and stated he had nothing to do with Konami. That is the deal and imo all anyone should really need to know before washing their hands of Blue Box.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Where did the poster call anyone an idiot? I think you've completely misread the point there.
Not sure he used the word idiot but it's pretty dismissive to come into a thread a post something like that(you all fell for marketing hur hur). In a vidya game forum where we have threads on press conferences and non-spoiler threads on said press conferences. There's no tangible difference between this and E3 hype. It's all marketing and it's all (potentially) fun.

(grift aside)

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think their post implies they fell for the "marketing" at all.

JoelShmoe

Jun 12, 2020
A lot of unhinged and.. passionate people here, I see. I ADORE Silent Hill. It's one of my favorite trilogies in gaming. But I would never allow myself to be subjected to "torture" when there are a million other ways to spend my time. I am certainly here for the ride though.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

The fixation is combing the guys history lol, that's strange. Besides it has been funny from the outside watching people participate in their first conspiracy theory due to some grifting non dev

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I dont know how anyone fell for shitty marketing or are taking this so seriously vs this just being a dumb distraction to talk about until ultimately it's far far less than what was speculated and most reasonable people are just in it for the ride and are very well aware it's probably nothing. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.