• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this on Twitter, but what appears to be 4 minutes of footage of a AAA Mandalorian game (running on an Xbox devkit?) has apparently been on YouTube since yesterday. Didn't see a thread yet. The video in question:

The link: https://youtu.be/tlVs43yeAsY

JTGreat

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The animations look like Battlefront 2 to me - maybe a mod?

Edit - I just watched more and this looks way too advanced lol, idk

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Idk that looks legit to me albeit early in development. I guess it could be something modded but I don't think it's a 'fake'. In just this though, it looks like a generic, janky third person shooter with a Mandalorian coat tbh. Need to see some jetpack stuff to get hyped

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If that's how close devs sit to their TVs when playing their games it's no wonder text in games is so small.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
This looks like a fanmade project.

Has the OST music from the show for the chapter title, but no chapter intro cinematic or placeholder. Just straight into janky firefight with two stormtroopers.

R27

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it on Stadia? In the end you can see the overlay and "Star Wars The Mandalorian" title

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
g5epK9F.jpg

Whats that interface at the end?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking this is fan made. I don't really see Disney making part of this story split off into a game, and a game adaptation doesn't sound all that compelling.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
looks good, but it also has the game design language of a PS2 game, so I highly doubt its anything but fan made.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
While I'm pretty sure this is fake (looks way to much like a Battlefront 2 mod to me) I wouldn't be surprised if there was a game about a Mandalorian being made honestly.

Also I'm like 90% sure this is fake because the loading screen called Beskar "Mandalorian Iron" when it's always been referred to as "Mandalorian Steel" in the past.

Edit: Definitely fake, the loading screen description is taken word for word from Wookieepedia, the very first paragraph of the article on Beskar

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
If/when Disney nukes the video you'll find out if it's real or not.

Also the dude posting the video knows how to make stuff judging by his previous uploads.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
His animation looks so stiff.
This looks either tremendously early or fan made

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
While I'm pretty sure this is fake (looks way to much like a Battlefront 2 mod to me) I wouldn't be surprised if there was a game about a Mandalorian being made honestly.

Also I'm like 90% sure this is fake because the loading screen called Beskar "Mandalorian Iron" when it's always been referred to as "Mandalorian Steel" in the past
When I first heard that Massive was working on a Star Wars game, I immediately thought that a Mandalorian game in the style ofThe Division would be perfect.