• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Was there more information known about this talent wise? Designs look Ren/Stimpy-ish to me

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Woah, that would have been really cool to say. Guess we can say their were two Crash cartoons that didn't get picked up. I am wondering if there are more. That's sad, the animation was pretty great. Cortex sounds off, but it could have been a test reel or something. Sad to see it canned.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
This looks awesome! I hope this is just some PR move to gather attention and see if there's enough interest, like that time when Sony didn't want to let Spider-Man on MCU or something like that.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Yxvn.gif

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
it doesn't make sense to me they'd essentially remake the opening cutscene to Crash 1 but then not use any of the voice actors from the games (initially thought the audio in the clip was scratch stuff, but in the replies the OP on reddit claims Bill Kopp was going to voice Cortex and Eric Bauza was going to do Crash???)

Still regardless of the details that don't add up thruout the reddit comments, really like the animation and would've watched this cartoon

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Story checks out. That's definitely Bill Copp doing the voice of Cortex. Shame everyone on Reddit is being a turd.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Ren and Stimpy style is not it for this IP.

It needs to be chill. CG animation might be a better fit. In any case, nothing of value was lost.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Yooo... I don't really watch Cartoons, but that looked legit. I'd be down to watch a few episodes. Damn.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

maybe the final show would have been better, but that short clip was fucking terrible, pace-wise.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
This is kinda mean, but I can't think of all too much that would be less appealing than a Crash cartoon. Not really a fan of the style in the clip either. Can't say I'm disappointed 🤷‍♂️

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah this is super sus.

All the file metadata is marked April 1st, and he's claiming that, quote, Activision wanted Mario in it and that it was canceled over one joke they thought it wasn't going to go over well.

I think someone made an animation and is trying to get it to go viral and be all "LOL NO IT WAS ME"

Also Cortex looks like Rick Sanchez's face.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Animation wise, it looks decent...but Cortex's voice sounded off & ho boy, it seemed waaaay too fast paced. It didn't want to give you a single moment to breath.

I thought there was already a Crash Bandicoot Cartoon....what the hell am I remembering?
The lost cartoon that was meant to be the intro to the original game?

Oct 28, 2017
Animation wise, it looks decent...but Cortex's voice sounded off & ho boy, it seemed waaaay too fast paced. It didn't want to give you a single moment to breath.

The lost cartoon that was meant to be the intro to the original game?

While I do remember that directly, the style and tone is where I was expecting it to be. Also, don't you just love the VHS tracking at the bottom? Feels good.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait, do you mean Skylanders? Because Crash made an appearance in one of the episodes.

Yeah this is super sus.

All the file metadata is marked April 1st, and he's claiming that, quote, Activision wanted Mario in it and that it was canceled over one joke they thought it wasn't going to go over well.

I think someone made an animation and is trying to get it to go viral and be all "LOL NO IT WAS ME"

Ah crap, really? That's a shame. Guess it'd also make sense this would've leaked out earlier or gotten word from someone else working on the show.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is super sus.

I'm leaning toward something like that too
pros dont post extremely identifiable information about their specific role in production while talking shit and leaking (likely NDA protected) content
if they do they dont stay pros for long
the actual content looks good but the backstory is fishy as hell
either they're lying about something or theyre extremely stupid
probably lying as a result of stupid

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, find it hard to believe disagreements over the script of all things is what would tank a Crash Bandicoot cartoon. If there was ever a time to not give a fuck about a script, now would be it.

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
Is this a sizzle reel? I love the animation but it would probably be hard to maintain that level of quality in full episodes.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Looks fine, obviously the clip was made to present to money people to get some series deals so really hard to judge what type of show it would've been.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh there's also that bit. This would be like... mega illegal to leak, canceled or not, so uhhhhhhhhhhhh. NDAs are absolutely in effect if this was real and it just reeks of being an attention grab.

The fact that nothing is marked as confidential continues to add to my suspicion of this. It seems very off.

I hope I'm wrong, but oof.

Last edited:

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
I'm pretty skeptical that this is legitimate, myself. If it's real it looks really fun though. I just have a really hard time seeing this get greenlit, go into full production, and then have it dumped down the drain over one single script or an inconsistent tone. I think it's POSSIBLE that could happen, but I work in animation and I find myself pretty doubtful.

Looks like a really good fake to me, unless I'm missing more concrete evidence.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at all the positive comments, the animation looks like some Two Stupid Dogs shit and the plot pretty much generic.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's real, I can see why it was canceled. The only reason for a Crash cartoon to exist would be to promote the brand, and they come out with that?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
They're leaking it on reddit so another company picks it up, right? RIGHT?
the OP says that's literally their intention, have fans demand it

Oh wait, do you mean Skylanders? Because Crash made an appearance in one of the episodes.

Ah crap, really? That's a shame. Guess it'd also make sense this would've leaked out earlier or gotten word from someone else working on the show.

Words cannot describe how much I hate the Skylanders designs

maxresdefault.jpg

🤢