• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Leaked gameplay from a June 2020 dev build and concept art. Added pics of character models from the build below alongside concept art.

6Nn1h2Z.png

pfBsPp4.png

JQB9HHQ.png

9JdBdRx.png

vk2BDbv.png

dJ1FSYU.png

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Leaker said it's a very old build from 2020. I wonder if a release this year is potentially on the cards.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I fuck with it and actually like the cartoonish characters. Seems like Horizon Monster Hunter will be a reality, there is the "town" and then the different areas with different bosses.

Oct 25, 2017
Like the change in art style, specifically the machines look cool in that style. Though it seems like that isn't carried over into the gameplay.

Last edited:

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I know this is a really really really early build, but I doubt they changed the art direction in the meantime. It just looks like Fortnite in Horizon's world.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Indifferent towards the change in art style

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to just be a test of those cartoony models being dropped straight into an early build of HFW. Not seeing any MP stuff other than a placeholder UI. Its using Aloy's animations and voice still.

The designs are cute but I didn't know they were going the fortnite cartoon style.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't one of the job listings for the online project imply that it would be 'stylized'?

Perhaps they're keeping it. I kind of like it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Now all those hires of stylized artists who had art portfolios that looked kinda like overwatch makes sense.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine the new art style for the character models will fit in much better with the entire world stylized like that. I just can't tell if it's a character creator or preset characters.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Change of art style is interesting. Wouldn't have expected that. I'm really curious to see if the final game ends up looking that way or if it was just an early experiment.

Deleted member 108302

Jan 29, 2022
Fortnite 2 lets go!
It looks fine, I would prefer the art style of the other games but I could live with it

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Intrigued by the art style change, excited to see this in action when it's ready to be shown publicly.

My first impression is "damn, cartoons don't look that good" but by the time I went to type the comment I realized that the cartoon style is probably a net positive all things considered and I'm excited to see the full thing.

Forbidden West's movement and sandbox is top tier, I'd love to see a multiplayer mode with all that with a cleaner art direction

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The environment art looks pretty okay, but the character art is.... uhh not the best. Though it is from a early build, so feels pointless judging it.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On second thought 2 of the characters from the concept art are seen in this footage. It's probably preset characters.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Don't mind the concept art but not feeling the in-game models at all. And yeah, that one woman looks like she came straight out of Sea of Thieves.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. I've got no major opinions on the art style as I like the traditional style but also this one's pretty cool too. Whatever they do I'm sure it'll be well. I'm just more excited for the actual gameplay. For me Horizon's gameplay's been one of the best in one of these open world games this past decade so if they can replicate that then it'll be dope.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The in-game screenshots look like prototype footage so I won't critique the art style too much. I don't mind the deviation in art direction though and it seems this might be another co-development endeavor for Guerrilla.

Jul 2, 2021
Pretty sure the characters in the multiplayer game will be stylized. So I'm fine with it.
It's an early build so I'm sure a lot has changed. I'm intrigued.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
One interesting note from the concept art is it confirms a bunch of different weapon types. Spear, basic sword, the guy on the far right might be a dual blade(?), and a lacrosse weapon with a blade at the end.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Is this supposed to become a standalone game?
Looks really in a good shape for being such an old build, by the way.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
The art direction is totally different wtf?
Hope they stick with the original series'

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Vast majority of this stuff is placeholder with assets coming straight from Forbidden West.

Regarding the characters art style, I just hope that in the final version everything is stylized (environments and machines), and not just the characters.

Seeing that new Thunderjaw look in the concept art makes me think that's the plan.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Abilities/skills:

Blaze Bomb
DeadEye Bow
Fastshot Bow

Spear Sweep
Spear Throw
Spear Strike

Electrical Arc