• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Hmmmm Interesting that I don't see the characters change in the UI of the gameplay... (I will spoiler tag this incase no one wants to see the other worlds i am mentioning)

Noticed when the main characters are in their standard uniform their U.I is like this:

LlU9lJz.png

Bear in mind that you are in Hercules world but from that trailer you are in your original costumes

But in Toy Story World that was announced a while ago the UI is like this:

kZJjruS.png

Since your characters have CHANGED their looks in this world the UI represents that too... NOW with regards to the Monsters Inc world:

ipZi02V.png

Looks like your standard UI but noticed that those screenshots your characters have changed their looks. Now shouldn't that be reflected in the UI also?

Perhaps the UI is still not finished I don't know but I am still remaining sceptical as of right now
The UI is the last thing they change when working on a new world, and to me at least it's very obvious that this world is still a work in progress.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What are the confirmed Disney worlds so far?
Hercules
Big hero 6
Tangled
Toy story

Is that it?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The boss has an Unversed symbol btw:

how-to-draw-the-unversed-emblem-from-kingdom-hearts_1_000000021721_5.png

Edit: Actually the enemies in that image are unversed.

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting.
I'm not entirely too familiar with Kingdom Hearts, so just how much of an effect does each world have on gameplay?

Treasure Planet or Atlantis
I saw their first Atlantis movie with Daniel Jackson, but not Treasure Planet. With my limited knowledge of Treasure Planet, though, these both sound like they could be good.

The first two screenshots most definitely look like they're from a test build only a developer would have access to.
To be fair, it's still possible someone could have made a test build of their own idea just for fun.

Unversed appearing in a
Monster's Inc. world
is actually a pretty neat idea thematically, given the whole idea behind the Unversed and the themes of said movie.
As someone unversed in the Unversed, dare I ask for an explanation?

((Before anyone asks, I had no interest in Kingdom Hearts for a while following a glowing review in the newspaper. The writer chose to highlight it in what was likely the worst way possible for something they were saying was good, and it was the only material I saw about the game for quite some time.))

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Why unexpected? Also this looks bad compared to Toy Story world (best world and graphics from the game so far).
The hair on Sullivan looks like something directly pulled from PS2 era. There are many great tools supporting UE4 to get adequate hair.

That's some mighty PS2-era quality hair going on with that Sora model....

Hey dude, I was just typing this.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of the choices for the worlds so far have really excited me and this isn't really changing that.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
Wait wait if Donald and goofy are only Temp icons why not have the same icon next to sora? an honest mistake?
Maybe an oversight; perhaps they're prioritizing redoing Donald and Goofy icons before Sora, but that's just my speculation. (i.e., Donald and Goofy might in theory take less effort since they're smaller-size.)

(Of course this is all assuming the screenshots are legitimate.)

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
OH MY FUCKING GOD

(I'm sorry but my dreams are coming true. Just need Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet now...)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

((Before anyone asks, I had no interest in Kingdom Hearts for a while following a glowing review in the newspaper. The writer chose to highlight it in what was likely the worst way possible for something they were saying was good, and it was the only material I saw about the game for quite some time.))

Unversed are an enemy type in the series brought to life by negative emotions. Given that Monsters Inc is primarily a business dedicated to inciting fear (one such negative emotion) in children, there's some pretty neat things they can do thematically with that.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Kingdom Hearts 3 would really visit the world from Song of the South but damn it looks good. Nomura even put 50 belts on Uncle Remus!

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
Having only played the I and II and CoM...

What the fuck is an Unversed??? I need to get the PS4 collections...

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Unversed are an enemy type in the series brought to life by negative emotions. Given that Monsters Inc is primarily a business dedicated to inciting fear (one such negative emotion) in children, there's some pretty neat things they can do thematically with that.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they go close to the KH2 route and tie specific villains to specific Disney worlds (though I doubt there'll be a full 12-13 Disney worlds and I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that it'll be like 7-8 of them).

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Having only played the I and II and CoM...

What the fuck is an Unversed??? I need to get the PS4 collections...

A monster tied to the villains from Birth By Sleep. They needed a new basic enemy since the game takes place back before the experiments conducted on the Heartless by Ansem and Xehanort.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Not a huge fan of that unversed boss design. It feels like it belongs to KH1 and imo KH2 was a huge improvement in that regard

It's "boring" design reminds me of Parasite for example

350px-Parasite_Cage_KH.png

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA

If you own a PS4, I recommend buying 1.5 + 2.5, it's like $60 and you get 4 KH games 2 movies with it. It's a great deal. So basically Vanitas is Dark Sora, it's Sora's voice actor (with a slightly deeper voice), his character has Sora's hair but it's black instead of brown, his eyes are yellow.

So Vanitas is created by Master Xehanort which is when the Unversed (enemies) are born. Vanitas tried to destroy the Unversed but instead absorbed them. Their negativity basically screws up his mental state and because of this spawns more Unversed. This doesn't end until Ventus's damaged heart contacts Sora's heart. After this, Vanitas leaves Ventus and is forced to fight more Unversed. The pain and suffering this causes him leads him to submit to Master Xehanort and agree to help him forge the χ-blade (a very powerful weapon that could basically destroy everything and it was part of the Great Keyblade War where thereafter the x-blade shattered into twenty pieces — seven of light and thirteen of darkness leading to KH3 where Xehanort has an entire organization of 13 darknesses and Sora needs 7 lights to combat them in a final clash that will start another Keyblade war)

But so the Unversed is basically the negativity that flows through Vanitas and his mental state. And the Unversed make Vanitas stronger. Vanitas means Emptiness in Latin which is where his name comes from.

I hope this was somewhat easy to understand. This is only one of the games BTW and there are many more and they are all connected so I suggest watching cutscenes of the story, reading up on the story or playing all the games before KH3 as KH3 will basically be the conclusion of the story that started in KH1 (15 years ago)

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Not a huge fan of that unversed boss design. It feels like it belongs to KH1 and imo KH2 was a huge improvement in that regard

It's "boring" design reminds me of Parasite for example

350px-Parasite_Cage_KH.png
I dunno, I kinda like the relative simplicity of KH1's enemy designs. They're not complex, but they have distinctive, memorable silhouettes.