• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Leaked models of Universal's Super Nintendo World have been popping up on Twitter today.

This should show the Universal Studios Orlando plans for the rides they plan to build such as for Mario Kart, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong.

This is the first taste we've seen of the Donkey Kong area (outside some old leaked concept art) and the rollercoaster looks really exciting!!

Video detailing the land from a well-known blogger on Universal. (Thanks GulAtiCa !)

Last edited:

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait till it's open at Orlando, do likely won't be for a few years yet (since they are building it at the new 3rd park). Japan should open next year and Hollywood the year after I bet

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP: You should add this to your OP. Same Twitter person, Alicia, made this video 2 months back of details of what we know and likely when we will see everything:

If anyone likes theme parks and/or wants to know more details in the future, I suggest following her. She knows what she's talking about.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Donkey Kong part will be in Japan?

No, the Donkey Kong area sounds like it won't be in Japan. These models were apparently for Orlando.

OP: You should add this to your OP. Same Twitter person, Alicia, made this video 2 months back of details of what we know and likely when we will see everything:

If anyone likes theme parks and/or wants to know more details in the future, I suggest following her. She knows what she's talking about.

Thanks!!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the video! It's really informative.

Shame we're looking at 2023 as a tentative date for Orlando. On the flip side, I may have an excuse to plan a vacation now and one in the future when it opens.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Theme parks are really going next level, can't wait to check it out when it's all done.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I need to plan out a couple of vacations to SoCal. One for Galaxy's Edge and the other for Nintendo World

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
DK land seems to be based only on DKC games, bet Rare people will feel really happy when it opens

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
This morning new photos were found that appear to show a model of one of the Super Nintendo World lands designed for Universal theme parks. The images, which were shared on social media by the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast, show the main courtyard areas for the Mushroom Kingdom, as well as Donkey Kong Country.

The model also lines up with officially released concept art for Japan (and now Singapore as well). The promotional images and video feature many of the same landmarks and structures seen in the model. The model, of course, features many more fine details though.

Source: Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast,
Orlando Park Stop

hyLn43L.jpg

ZkK6ooV.jpg

2PMlxjf.jpg

Official Concept art and video:

7e4EAaT.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
No. There's been talk that it'll involved a fixed track with branching paths, with power ups causing other cars to spin out on the track and other effects. So more of a coaster than a freeform go-kart race.

This article breaks down the new type of tech they might be using.

Alicia has confirmed that it's the same company making MK, but she seems to think this isn't the same system they're using.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's a 50% chance I end up getting teary eyed upon first visit.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be more based on Retro's side of the fence than Rare's.

Correct.

Development on this land started around 5 years ago, and they seem to have drawn major inspiration from the modern games at that time. So 3D Land + 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and DKC Returns + Tropical Freeze seem to have had a lot of influence for the look they're going for.

Mar 9, 2018
2015 is also when the ballot happened, so we're likely to have people in K. Rool suits whose hands we can shake. I believe for Dixie, the Dixie suit should be built in a way so that the character is always leaning over. The person in the suit puts their hand through her ponytail on the inside, allowing fans to shake Dixie's ponytail as a substitute for shaking her hand. The person on the inside of the Dixie suit can also wave to fans with her ponytail during the parade.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
While this is cool, I hate that it's just all Mario characters :/

Basically this is Mushroom Kingdom resort + dk not a Nintendo world

lameeeeeee

Where Zelda at Nintendo