• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://gearnuke.com/leaked-screenshots-tencents-call-of-duty-smartphones/

The game was announced in a press release by Activision back in early August that one of Tencent's premier studio, Timi, was developing the game. The game is being made exclusively for China and is supposed to release "in the coming months".

Apparently a Beta of the game has started off which means new leaked information. Today screenshots of the game popped up on Chinese Social Media.

call-of-duty-mobile-china-1.jpg

call-of-duty-mobile-china-3.jpg

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Looks insane. A phone game. I don't think I will ever like playing fps games with touch screen virtual sticks, but I am clearly the old generation

Is that a full double rainbow?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Why can't these phones have a way to connect a PS4 or Xbox controller via blue tooth? That would be great.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
There's so much of PUBG Mobile in that first screenshot that if it weren't the same dev it would be a rip off lol (especially in the UI)

Looks awesome though. Between this and PUBG Tencent's mobi devs are wizards.

Oct 26, 2017
With smartphones already being capable of games like Fortnite and PUBG, it's not too surprising. Impressive how far phones have come these days and nice to see more and more games these days supporting a larger variety of platforms, with differing levels of performance

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I wonder if they could get it to run at 60fps on high end phones seeing as how pubg/fortnite are capped at 30fps on those same devices with giant battle arenas as opposed to cods tiny maps.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Man it's incredible how quickly mobile graphics tech evolved. I was also watching some footage of Elder Scrolls Blades yesterday and it looks stunning.

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
Exclusive for China for how long I wonder? this would do well in the West for sure. Tencent made PUBG aiming on mobile half decent, so I would hold judgment until I got to try it.

I use my iPad for stuff like PUBG and AoV as the battery is less of an issue.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Hmm. So cell phones are already on the level of a PS3, huh?
In some ways yes but if the images are really directly compared there will be some aspect of reduced quality effects or methods of shading which are similar but different in key ways

It is clearly very impressive of course but like for example asphalt 9 on mobile looking incredible for a mobile game it is more like a ps2.5 game in assets with modern shader effects in some places and old or alternate type shader effects in others

The key for making amazing looking mobile games is smal screen and therefore focus on specific elements over others

At least this is what I would imagine

A good overall comparison is say comparing asphalt 9 assets and appearance in windows 10 to 7th Gen game assets and then it's more obvious what mobile games focus on for wow factor

All that said I'd love to see more of these new mobile games technology

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing that it looks this good however I can't imagine I'd get much time with it on my two year old Galaxy S7 before it nukes my battery.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm past the point of surprised, I'm full on the jaded side.

You show the me stuff like this and I'm like "yeah, duh, bound to happen, so fucking what?"

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It's been close for awhile to last gen consoles.

I've seen some flash, Unity, etc. based PC games, I can't think of the name right now that look similar.

Has lots of games like Roblox.

Just found the name. Kongregate games.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
For real, that map isn't even interesting. I don't get it...

Instant action.

Your either shooting or getting shot at on nuketown, and without the frustration (most of the time) of other famous small CoD maps like Rust from MW2 or Shipment from MW, where you can die literally just as fast as you respawn regardless of tactics because the map is so small you can throw explosives in any direction and catch multiple people.

That's not to say the map is perfect or anything, just that it's small size with two defined spawn points and cover in the middle leads to a lot of frantic close quarters action with little down time, which is what most of the playerbase wants, and why it remains a popular map to this day.

I don't care for it personally.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much autoaim do mobile FPS games tend to have? I ask because my nephew showed me one (Pixel Gun, IIRC?) that didn't have any and maybe it was just me being an Old but I couldn't aim well at all using touch screen controls there.

Nov 23, 2017
Phones are way more expensive than people realize though. Per dollar this is not very impressive imo. Thats why switch vs iPhone x fortnite is absurdly a win for switch imo despite looking a bit worse

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Why can't we have this or some cod game on the switch this year dammit. I'd even take cod4 remaster.