• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
After seeing Starfire I'm ok with Beast Boy and Raven. Maybe that's the plan, make Starfire look so horrible that the rest look decent, and then change Starfire up for the actual show?

I mean, the costume isn't the worst part (assuming the fur she has covering her is because it's cold where they're filming) but that hair...

edited to add: never mind, she's got the fur in a photo where beast boy doesn't have the winter coat...

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they wasting the Titans on a TV show no one wants?
Because
images

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
"Beast Boy, turn into a Giant Squid!"

"...uh I'm just going to turn into this standard border terrier. For reasons."

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I can't believe that these no context low quality set & costume pics don't look great, they should look like heavily photoshopped perfectly lit and posed cosplay photos at all times!1!!!1"

BTW have you guys seen how shit this Homecoming movie looks?
SpidermanOnSet.jpg

Reading some posts in this thread, (and elsewhere) is like peeking into a bizarro universe where post production doesn't exist. Be smarter peeps. Wait til the actual shots in a trailer, and even after expect changes.
You seriously comparing Homecoming's productions values with this K-list starring, CW quality reeking superhero tv show? What are you on?

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever thought that laughable Starfire look was a good idea needs to be kicked out of the crew.
They're gonna need an amazing premise and trailer to make this look good.

my hands are covering my mouth.... wow. what is this...

EDIT: this makes me want a One Piece series even more now...

Ryan Potter looks more like Zoro than Beast Boy in those pics.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Hahahahhahahaha

Wow.

Like, that just looks like trash. CW should really pay their costume department more.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Starfire's costume here is fine, provided that the context is that she's new to Earth and doing a very bad job of blending in.

If that's not the context, then she just looks like a really, really bad drag queen.

Mikan

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the program goes more in the direction of TTG and continues to make the franchise actually fun to watch

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I feel sorry for the post production guys on this. They're going to be ridiculously overworked even if there's an army of them.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The first official pic will hit and she will be orange, Gar will be green, and everyone will be like, "Oh, we probably should've waited until an official pic was released"... Then we'll forget in a month and the cycle will continue when the next pic of something leaks out.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
The first official pic will hit and she will be orange, Gar will be green, and everyone will be like, "Oh, we probably should've waited until an official pic was released"... Then we'll forget in a month and the cycle will continue when the next pic of something leaks out.
The costume design is awful. Full stop. Like, set photos are bad but you generally don't see awful messes become somehow good. Like, someone posted Spider-Man in here and that's not even bad. The suit design work. This doesn't. This is trash.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The costume design is awful. Full stop. Like, set photos are bad but you generally don't see awful messes become somehow good. Like, someone posted Spider-Man in here and that's not even bad. The suit design work. This doesn't. This is trash.
Gar and Raven look "ok" for not being in their battle mode outfits... You can still tell it's them. The Starfire outfit seems to be due to a story reason in the episode and I doubt will be her normal look through the rest of the show. We'll just have to wait and see.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Thats...not how this meme is used
.... Pretty sure it is. In case you're not familiar with the meme:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/this-is-fine?full=1

"This Is Fine is a two-pane image of an anthropomorphic dog trying to assure himself that everything is fine, despite sitting in a room that is engulfed in flames. Taken from an issue of the webcomic series Gunshow illustrated by K.C. Greenand published in early January 2013, the cartoon is typically used as a reaction image to convey a sense of self-denial or acceptance in the face of a hopeless situation."

Hope that helped you out!

Oct 25, 2017
Gar and Raven look "ok" for not being in their battle mode outfits... You can still tell it's them. The Starfire outfit seems to be due to a story reason in the episode and I doubt will be her normal look through the rest of the show. We'll just have to wait and see.

Read above. She straight up says the picture is out of context etc. Raven and Beastboy look fine to me. I'll wait until I see official promo shots and actual video rather than set photos of them standing next to the production crew.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get people, even if you don't like the designs there's clearly talent and money put into the costumes they've officially shown.

agmhgazcwlrhkvbpgzc9.jpg
TIT_Suitshoot3_Dove_Hawk_0574B12-1-720x613.jpg

Are people seriously expecting that they made these costumes then went "Oops, guess we're out of money, umm here you get a hoodie and you get a club dress and we call it a day"?

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's not her actual Teen Titans uniform for sure. Looks like a "going out in the city" outfit to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get people, even if you don't like the designs there's clearly talent and money put into the costumes they've officially shown.

agmhgazcwlrhkvbpgzc9.jpg
TIT_Suitshoot3_Dove_Hawk_0574B12-1-720x613.jpg

Are people seriously expecting that they made these costumes then went "Oops, guess we're out of money, umm here you get a hoodie and you get a club dress and we call it a day"?
Thats what I was saying,
At least from what we see Robin easily looks better than any tv hero suit.

People acting like this is some low level tv costume designer, go look at her history.

(I still think Starfire is horrible though and with that hair I don't know if any costume could salvage it.)

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Thats what I was saying,
At least from what we see Robin easily looks better than any tv hero suit.

People acting like this is some low level tv costume designer, go look at her history.

(I still think Starfire is horrible though and with that hair I don't know if any costume could salvage it.)

My point being I think there's nary a possibility sparkle-dress curly haired Starfire is her actual look.

My best guess would be she's going out clubbing or any other number of social interactions.

Of course I could be wrong and have just as much information here as anyone else does, but nothing about that look seems practical for what I'd imagine they're going for or what they've shown off.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Costumes look boss. Eager to see them in action.
Pictures usually have some after effects and colour blending on top though. As they are now they're not bad, just out of place.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are they wasting the Titans on a TV show no one wants?
Why are their always fuckwit on the internet who insists on saying things like this as if the masses would choose a window licking clown dick to speak for them?
People have different opinions and tastes, deal with it.
Was very much looking forward to this....well until whatever in the nine hells is that they decided to do with Starfire... but I thought Starfire would be mostly CG so willing to wait and see.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
No offense but I highly doubt she knows much more about the character she is playing than what was written on the casting sheets and a minor summary.
Teen Titans is not a hot thing even for a good chunk of regular comic readers
Yeah, I'm sure the property doesn't have 2 highly successful tv shows and a few iconic comic runs.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure the property doesn't have 2 highly successful tv shows and a few iconic comic runs.
They were cartoons. Not just cartoons, chibi style cartoons.....made for kids.
Do you really think that no matter how many iconics runs that Titans have had that even a small percentage can give her details without googling?
Come now.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They better straighten Starfires hair normally... I mean her instagram picture just with red hair, a better looking costume and not horrible make up would have been a smarter design.

And I agree with her that nobody should go into full personal mode or something, but can't feel the studio is also at fault, releasing no design goals or just a small teaser how they will look finished before set pics emerge is not smart.

I mean Ironman set pics always looked funny and off aswell but you got the armor desigb beforehand and all was cool