• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you highly doubt that?
Because looking through her social media I do not see any mention of comics or genre likes or retweets or anything else that you see on most comic/sci fi/fantasy fan celebrity accounts.
Swing and a miss there tiger, you will have to try harder if you want to try and blame it on something else.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They better straighten Starfires hair normally... I mean her instagram picture just with red hair, a better looking costume and not horrible make up would have been a smarter design.

And I agree with her that nobody should go into full personal mode or something, but can't feel the studio is also at fault, releasing no design goals or just a small teaser how they will look finished before set pics emerge is not smart.

I mean Ironman set pics always looked funny and off aswell but you got the armor desigb beforehand and all was cool

That is what makes me think that the leaks are from a specific situation and being looked at wrong.
Anna did post this a little bit back which is why I thought any pics of her would have sensors...

The pics could be a place holder situation.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They were cartoons. Not just cartoons, chibi style cartoons.....made for kids.
Do you really think that no matter how many iconics runs that Titans have had that even a small percentage can give her details without googling?
Come now.
She's apart of the main cast of a DC show, she can get whatever comic she wants for free.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because looking through her social media I do not see any mention of comics or genre likes or retweets or anything else that you see on most comic/sci fi/fantasy fan celebrity accounts.
Swing and a miss there tiger, you will have to try harder if you want to try and blame it on something else.

I mean, I don't think Patty Jenkins really ever tweeted stuff about Wonder Woman prior to getting the gig, but it's clear she had/has passion for the character. Even if she didn't, it's not like it takes a whole lot of effort to do research on and get attached to a character nowadays with the internet. Example, 2 years ago I didn't know what the fuck a Gundam was, but it only took like 6 months for it to become one of, if not my favorite fictional entity, and I wasn't even being paid to care about it.

Bolded: ???

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's apart of the main cast of a DC show, she can get whatever comic she wants for free.
I don't know, Comic Book Men tried to charge Mike Colter...
I hope she does love the character, I hope she does learn everything because it is the only way it will be good.
I also hope that the writers do not gloss over the fucked up past that Starfire had .
I just want this to be the very best it can be, and while I am holding on to Arrow, Black Lightning and Flash...Legends of Tomorrow is really making me lose faith in how these things are handled. (Except adding Constantine, that is a plus)
I have legit been there from day one and this book has gotten me through some serious shit in my day

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
They better straighten Starfires hair normally... I mean her instagram picture just with red hair, a better looking costume and not horrible make up would have been a smarter design.

And I agree with her that nobody should go into full personal mode or something, but can't feel the studio is also at fault, releasing no design goals or just a small teaser how they will look finished before set pics emerge is not smart.

I mean Ironman set pics always looked funny and off aswell but you got the armor desigb beforehand and all was cool

People are still freaking out about the Captain Marvel leaks, they freaked out at the Doctor Strange leaks, Shazam is still being laughed at, I'm sure if we go far back enough there will be many threads mocking this dumb greasy-haired version of the joker in a trenchcoat with paint slapped across his face.

The studio owes nothing to the vocal minority of fans who freak out about this stuff. They'll put out some official photos or a trailer later and it'll all be set right and forgotten.

Oct 25, 2017
Teen Titans is not a hot thing even for a good chunk of regular comic readers
Not the current run but The New Teen Titans is one of the most successful comic runs of all time.
In the 80's it was selling something like 4x literally every other DC comic,

Animated series was extremely successful even after it ended,
GO is so successful CN runs it on marathons consistently and is getting a theatrical movie this summer.
Its finally getting a live action tv series out of development hell which has had constant iterations attempts since early Smallville days.
(until the TNT/current version there was literally a different pitch every single year, but Nolan and the BatEmbargo sank them into development hell every time)

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That is what makes me think that the leaks are from a specific situation and being looked at wrong.
Anna did post this a little bit back which is why I thought any pics of her would have sensors...

I'd be surprised if a TV show does a constant CG effect on one of the main characters. I imagine at best she'll power up into a more starfire like form

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Starfire don't look too great either.

mEETaqH.jpg
Holy fucking shit.She looks TERRIBLE!

Oct 25, 2017
Im completely shocked WB didn't either have promo images ready to go or rush some out after these came out.

Doesn't seem like a great idea to just sit around as the main selling point of your streaming service is a laughing stock around the Internet.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im completely shocked WB didn't either have promo images ready to go or rush some out after these came out.

Doesn't seem like a great idea to just sit around as the main selling point of your streaming service is a laughing stock around the Internet.

OR they don't have any promo pics that look much better than what we see here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

To be fair it could be just scanning her for the cg model to use when she is flying.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What happened to DC TV. First two seasons of Arrow and first season of The Flash were top tier but when it all went downhill.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Just calling it like it is but they made starfire look like a hooker from a cheap 70s flick. That hair, that dress, this show...a mess

Oct 25, 2017
I gave them the benefit of the doubt with Starfire's outfit.....

How in the hell are you going to promote the show with that shit,
They can't have anything else if that is what gets shown.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to DC TV. First two seasons of Arrow and first season of The Flash were top tier but when it all went downhill.
Arrow S2 is among my top super hero content. I feel sad every time i remember S3 and after. Same with Flash S2 and onward.

Titans costume are so bad holy shit lol

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
When average people cosplayers make better costumes than DC's professional workers...
Those cosplay costumes just need to look good cause the people in them barely have to move around once they're on. I thought this was gone over in the past and why this argument shouldn't be used. There are modeling costumes and actual acting/filming costumes. They're not the same damn thing.

Like all things costume wise people really should be waiting to see what things look like on film and why they look the way they do and if they actually look the same beyond the first episode as well. How many DC shows have we had now and people are still acting like this.