• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
You guys I don't think that's their actual final costumes,,, that just looks like a scene from early in the series of them outside
They are now promoting the show with them,
wxlnjurkxda11.jpg

after the huge outcry originally if they had something else you'd think they'd show it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes because cosplay can endure hours of filming, storage and transportation.
Dude...don't be dense. They dressed this lady up in a shake and go wig and a 28 year old's college bar-hopping dress she gave to goodwill.

THAT SAID I'm sure everyone aside from Robin is getting another costume.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So the trailer is tomorrow morning.

THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED. #TitansSDCC tomorrow at 6AM. #SDCC #DCUniverse

I still have this weird feeling that Dick is Robin for the first episode or two and then its Nightwing. At least I'd like to see that.

Edit: I'm going to say this though. Anna Diop looks fine as hell in whatever she's wearing. So if its not comic accurate in the end I'm not going to give a fuck. I don't think many people will either.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still cautiously optimistic. I can't believe I still haven't gotten a live action superhero show that's actually good. I thought Daredevil was going to be IT but...

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Dude...don't be dense. They dressed this lady up in a shake and go wig and a 28 year old's college bar-hopping dress she gave to goodwill.

THAT SAID I'm sure everyone aside from Robin is getting another costume.

I just think that saying "lol cosplayers know their shit better than an entire team of designers" is dumb when there's so many factors a cosplayers doesn't have to worry about

There's a reason why their going for this and it can either work or not, it's all in the execution

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seems to just be a bad manniquin fit, especially with the belt making it look like kids pajamas/Halloween costume.
its not the fit but the materials used. the neck/chest piece look great, everything else not so much. the jersey-like look is just bad. im afraid of what the hawk/dove suits look like without the lighting/editing

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can Raven's and Beast Boy's even be called costumes? Look like the same shit you'd get from the clearance bin at Hot Topic.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I just think that saying "lol cosplayers know their shit better than an entire team of designers" is dumb when there's so many factors a cosplayers doesn't have to worry about

There's a reason why their going for this and it can either work or not, it's all in the execution
I think the problem is that it's hideous in comparison to fan costumes, regardless if it's more practical than what cosplayers can make. I don't understand what execution has to do with a costume that's just straight up not cute to look at.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the idea of Starfire portrayed by a black woman.

Shame it is tied to what seems like a potential dumpster fire.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
You guys I don't think that's their actual final costumes,,, that just looks like a scene from early in the series of them outside
This is what I originally thought, but they are promoting the hell out of those specific outfits. To be fair though, I think Raven and Robin look good. Beast Boy is fine too though I'd rather him have the green skin and everything. It's really just Starfire that looks like a trainwreck so far.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Is Starfire's skin going to be digitally colored orange? Or is how she looks in the promos the final design?

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting her pimp to come out of nowhere, and say "That's a nice coat. Have you been holding out on me, ho?".

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Is Starfire's skin going to be digitally colored orange? Or is how she looks in the promos the final design?

Yeah her and beast boy are going to be digitally changed into the right colors because they tried the body paint and it was a pain for the actors and they found a good way of doing it cheaper digitally.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Special effects are what I'm most curious about. How much money did they throw at this or if anything looks similar to the CW shows or movies (meaning did they share assets, etc). I feel this is far more important for Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven then whatever they're wearing. Robin has no powers so what his costume looks like, same with Hawk and Dove, is going to be their focus. If Starfire is is glowing orange and flying around no one is going to care what else she has on. Same with Beast Boy when he transforms.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
No one said anything even remotely to what you're going off on about. The post you replied to was very obviously talking about the aesthetics of the costume and not, uh, how well it's built.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Special effects are what I'm most curious about. How much money did they throw at this or if anything looks similar to the CW shows or movies (meaning did they share assets, etc). I feel this is far more important for Starfire and Beast Boy and Raven then whatever they're wearing.
Isn't Trigon rumored to be the villain of this season? That might say something I guess

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Also something just came to mind. Why would any of them beside Robin have an actual true costume if they're first meeting (Starfire) and learning about their powers (BB and Raven)?

Edit: That dress Starfire has on is also different from the one in the leak set photo. Also want to see her without the fur as well.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the idea of Starfire portrayed by a black woman.

Shame it is tied to what seems like a potential dumpster fire.

This is where I am. Like yay black Starfire and an interracial relationship with Nightwing. But dang why did they dress her like that and everything looks like trash.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I also find it odd that she'd be wearing something that like for 10 episodes... They have to be wearing other clothes through out the show. We've only seen them film that one street scene with them in those clothes, but nothing else has leaked. I'm so confused.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So it looks like they're doing the "street clothes that merely evoke the comic costumes" thing for at least a large portion of the season, if that's how they're marketing it.

Starfire looks a bit less like a bad drag act there, at least.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling this one DC, please change my mind tomorrow at 6am.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but that Starfire design is just truly awful

I feel bad for the actress because Im sure shes a nice person but she got dealt a really bad hand with this one. Hopefully this isn't her final look in the show because if so, I'm honestly not sure what they were thinking

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Also something just came to mind. Why would any of them beside Robin have an actual true costume if they're first meeting (Starfire) and learning about their powers (BB and Raven)?

Edit: That dress Starfire has on is also different from the one in the leak set photo. Also want to see her without the fur as well.
This is where I'm at. This first season is looking like a long origin of the team. They can do superhero costumes if Robin has one.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm not ready to bail out yet. I need context and to see how this is going to play out. Too many people just writing this off from a a few costumes pics really irks me. The trailer tomorrow will make or break this for a lot of people.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I guess ill wait for the trailer but everything except for Robin looks like absolute dog shit. Starfire is just...I feel bad for her, the amount of hate that is going to come in via the trailer when everyone sees it is going to overwhelming and it wont really be her fault.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I guess ill wait for the trailer but everything except for Robin looks like absolute dog shit. Starfire is just...I feel bad for her, the amount of hate that is going to come in via the trailer when everyone sees it is going to overwhelming and it wont really be her fault.
Too late.. this was the actresses statement when the original pics leaked a few months ago.

BphnwOa.jpg