• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Including the World Warriors and giving them all a visual overhaul kinda makes sense given the whole legacy theme they seem to be going for.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Even if you don't like or don't care about the world warriors its also optics. They are considered the core of SF to casuals 5 lacking a big roster plus having to pay for DLC for what they consider as the base of the game rubbed people wrong.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the only World Warriors I don't care about is E.Honda and Blanka but apparently people were pissed they weren't in the base roster of 5, so whatevs lol

Honestly, going by some of the replies in this thread and elsewhere, SF2 fans definitely feel entitled to their faves coming back over other characters. Saw someone in one of the threads ask why they should have to not play as their main and I'm like bruh my main hasn't been in a game since fuckin 99 lol

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
...I don't want to have any of the crappy single player content sitting on my hard drive. We need to message Capcom to make sure that stuff is a separate download.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you don't like or don't care about the world warriors its also optics. They are considered the core of SF to casuals 5 lacking a big roster plus having to pay for DLC for what they consider as the base of the game rubbed people wrong.

It's definitely optics, at least in part.

Most people don't actually care about all individual WWs, much less the Four Devas, and would never play them, but they'd 100% throw a complete shit fit if one of them was missing.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019

What are we basing this on? Casuals recognize SF2 characters but will it really flip their purchasing decision if this game had five SF2 characters instead of eight? Are casuals not going to purchase SF6 if just Blanka sat this one out?

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the pictures. It looks like the female characters are getting the Netherrealm / Mortal Kombat treatment and I'm absolutely baffled by this.
...You mean they have less revealing clothes? I don't know why that would be baffling at all.

It was kind of embarassing when Capcom had to tell SFV players to change the default Mika/Cammy costumes between sets when a tournament was streamed on a TV channel like Disney XD or ESPN2 or whatever because the defaults were too revealing, so it makes a lot of sense they would try to avoid that this time. Plus, this is Capcom we're talking about, I'm sure every female character will have at least three beach costumes as alts.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Love Ryu's design, he looks like he's going out to kill a bear. Getting some Terry Bogard vibes from Ken and that's ok.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Cammy's face looks exactly like Daigo Ikeno's. He's 100% lead artist on this project. They brought out the big gun artists for this.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
at this rate we're gonna find this game in a mom and pop store in queens next week

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMG_1463.png

This is my platinum jubilee goddamn it