• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
when theres smoke theres fire
when theres desperation theres desperation
It's on a chinese forum.

【图片】回复:今晚没有,别盲目期待了【ns吧】_百度贴吧

今晚没有,别盲目期待..回复 D影舞D :实机产线开了还是在准备,目前没有更明确的消息,只是去年就知道有一台非oled型号的工程样机。

GraffitiMAX : Possibly a oled of spray 3 tonight

GraffitiMAX : I already said it in last month's post, I expect it to be announced in September

GraffitiMAX : Reply to Hey_'s side : The dawn of 60 frames, only know so much

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A... Pro? Hm, at this point in the gen, I'd have expected a switch 2.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
A Splatoon model OLED Switch is close to being the least shocking Nintendo news. I don't think it points to anything.

Samb

Oct 28, 2017
when theres smoke theres fire
The smoke started emitting even before the Switch launched. I'm tired of this "mid gen" bullshit. We don't need a "mid gen" console. We need developer who know how to use low end hardware and don't settle with "well, it kinda runs on the system, that's good enough for me!!!"

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
September is not far away....Kinda making me consider if I wanna play Xenoblade 3 now..hmmm

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still remember when the SWITCH PRO was IMMINENT like 2 years ago.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
When September comes and it's Switch Lite OLED released in November in time for Pokémon SV and Christmas lol

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
You're telling me that there could be a possibility of playing Bayonetta 3 with better resolution and framerate? :o

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But...

Figured I'd give an update here as my post got a lot of exposure. The same mod that leaked the reveal today just mentioned that they'd have to reconsider if what they heard about a new model later this year (I believe they mentioned September) is legit or not. However, they seem adamant that a new model is coming sooner than later

...so it's still up in the air...

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
A... Pro? Hm, at this point in the gen, I'd have expected a switch 2.

They don't got the software for a Switch 2. They're still clearly devoting most of their energy to regular Switch stuff (BOTW 2 ect.) We'll know a 2 is coming when big Switch releases start to slow down, and right now, they're only speeding up.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They don't got the software for a Switch 2. They're still clearly devoting most of their energy to regular Switch stuff (BOTW 2 ect.) We'll know a 2 is coming when big Switch releases start to slow down, and right now, they're only speeding up.
Waiting until things slow down was one of the mistakes Nintendo made with the Wii U.

I never want to hear the word Pro again
You don't have to, the mods removed it from the title.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
MattDris.gif

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
the doors are never closed. the hope still lives on.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
A lot of the software for Switch 2 is probably going to be a flood of third party games that can finally run on Nintendo hardware without having to do miracle ports.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
So, since pro models have become a thing since last gen... I've been wondering: Doesn't it cost these company more money than if they simply came out with the "pro" version initially? Why have mid-gen refreshes become a thing?

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
Please stop :')
A new switch a year-ish after a new model (OLED) maybe would make sense?

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
If the thing is announced in September, it's probably not releasing until end of this year or early 2023. Do you really want to wait 6-9 months to play Xenoblade 3?

Not really and the leak could be bullshit and I'd end up waiting for nothing as well lol I'm just a bit worried given how badly Xenoblade 2 ran and looked.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
So, since pro models have become a thing since last gen... I've been wondering: Doesn't it cost these company more money than if they simply came out with the "pro" version initially? Why have mid-gen refreshes become a thing?
People upgrading their existing Switch with mid-gen refresh > People buying "mid-gen" refresh at launch.

Also usually mid-gen refreshes are waiting for the technology to get up to speed. You couldn't do a DLSS handheld in 2017.