• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Have you seen the film yet?

Do you agree they are serious accusations brought up in a circus like atmosphere about a very strange man with deeply unsettling relationships with multiple hand picked boys who admitted to sleeping with them?

Do you think something like that deserves rigorous scrutiny?
Yes. Which this documentary does not do.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the film yet?

Do you agree they are serious accusations brought up in a circus like atmosphere about a very strange man with deeply unsettling relationships with multiple hand picked boys who admitted to sleeping with them?

Do you think something like that deserves rigorous scrutiny?

Yeah, I see your point. But at the sametime MJ was found innocent in court of law as previous claims were found to be false and made with the intent of getting paid off and these accusations more or less destroyed him.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
huffpost.com/us/entry/us_610258

Relevant quote:

What's hilarious is that during the trial it came out that the relevant issues of magazines hadn't even been published before Arvizo started accusing MJ of molesting him.

You may continue your petty little crusade.

Um is that huffpost link a joke? It's one of those contributor self submitted blogs. Like Forbes and the piece -- It's an incredibly long rambling hysterical rant against the media demanding people be fired and it's completely unhinged.

The guy's bio is uh.. Telling.

http://www.charles-thomson.net/

OP
OP
Brian McDoogle
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I see your point. But at the sametime MJ was found innocent in court of law as previous claims were found to be false and made with the intent of getting paid off and these accusations more or less destroyed him.
Courts in the United States do not find people to be innocent. They find people to be not guilty. There is a difference.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who doesn't believe them, lol. Just the mere fact that we know he has slept naked in bed with children is not okay. What would you do or think if a naked man slept in his bed with your child? Would it be fine just because it's MJ?

Anyway, he's obviously done more than only sleep with them and I believe all the accusers. Only because there was a family that lied about it in order to make cash, does not make the other claims any less valid.

I never heard of him being naked in the bed before. How do we know this? Do you have a link?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Um is that huffpost link a joke? It's one of those contributor self submitted blogs. Like Forbes and the piece -- It's an incredibly long rambling hysterical rant against the media demanding people be fired and it's completely unhinged.

The guy's bio is uh.. Telling.

http://www.charles-thomson.net/
I'm not sure about that article or writer in particular but I do know what the user's referring to in it is true and can be easily corroborated.

Edit: thanks for the threadmarks OP.

Last edited:

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
If he didn't groom young boys, if he didn't have a child (from ages 9-19) sleep in his bed an excess of 400 times, including there being pictures of michael jackson in bed in his underwear with the boy, y'know it just might be easy to believe he was innocent

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
We're supposed to believe his infatuation with kids stopped when it came to sexuality? Even if he didn't do anything physically, the relationship he had with those kids was clearly abusive and damaging. I strongly suspect even MJ was lying to himself about his true feelings and intentions.

The dude was a weirdo that should've never been able to get as close as he did to kids. Everyone should be able to agree on that.

Oct 27, 2017
Any new evidence brought forward? No. Story from these accusers widly discredited by experts and judges in the past? Yes.

I'm not saying Michael Jackson wasn't weird and eccentric, I'm just saying I'm not convinced he was a pedophile.

Why wait for the 10 year anniversary of his death to release an HBO documentary about this? Nobody waited for the 10 year anniversary of Jimmy Saville's death to out him as a pedophile. And unlike this case there was alot of smoke and evidence to prove it.
What is the proper timetable for rape victims to come forward?

Oct 25, 2017
MJ defenders : He is innocent, he was found innocent in court

Other people: knowing all this Would you have sent your children to Neverland?

Also MJ defenders: Hell No

Oct 27, 2017
Way to miss the entire point.[/QUOTE
You didn't ask: "Why wait for the 10 year anniversary of his death to release an HBO documentary about this?" ?

The two abused men decided they were ready to tell their story. A filmmaker made it. HBO liked it enough to bid on it and won the rights to it. There's no timetable on when it is and isn't acceptable to admit you were a victim of abuse.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So Wade Robson now says that it was when his son was born, that he realized what Michael had apparently done was wrong. So I was curious, when exactly was this?

I found that Wade's son was born in 2011, and Wade apparently had a nervous breakdown in March of 2011. According to his court papers, he started therapy in May. Further, he said that he told his therapist abou the abuse on May 8, 2012.

So I wondered if there were comments out there from Robson about MJ in 2012 in particular. Well, here's one interview I've never seen before. In July of 2012.

He talks about how he first met MJ like it's a fond memory. These dance contests that he's talking about were the ones that he alleged in his lawsuit were organized by MJJ Productions and Ventures, which didn't even exist at the time. In reality, it was organized by Target and CBS, which his mother also attested to in her deposition. The meeting was in 1987, MJJ Productions was founded in 1991.

EDIT: And here is Wade conducted a dance class for Michael's music in September of 2012.

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Any new evidence brought forward? No. Story from these accusers widly discredited by experts and judges in the past? Yes.

I'm not saying Michael Jackson wasn't weird and eccentric, I'm just saying I'm not convinced he was a pedophile.

Why wait for the 10 year anniversary of his death to release an HBO documentary about this? Nobody waited for the 10 year anniversary of Jimmy Saville's death to out him as a pedophile. And unlike this case there was alot of smoke and evidence to prove it.
I would like to point out that even though MJ might not have done anything explicitly, it's still entirely possible he was a pedophile. The relationships he had with the kids definitely came across as romantic at times. MJ himself might've believed he was innocent, but as an observer it's clear that his relationship with the kids was quite toxic and damaging. It simply isn't natural for a grown man to be so infatuated with children.

All of this strongly makes me suspect he was a pedo. MJ was a damaged and abusive person at his core. This kind of behavior would've never been accepted if he hadn't been famous.

Falldog

Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe Wade, because of how the past accusations have been proven unture and looking closely into Wade's own claims. Posting from another thread:

Whatever you think, please take the time to read this. So this is going to be a long post and it's probably going to be followed by many more long posts to come. Today I've been researching more than ever before what exactly was contained in Wade Robson's lawsuits and how that contrasted with his own mother's deposition. There's clear contradictions and more often than not it seems he's trying to frame or mischaracterize MJJ Productions, in order to make a clear legal target out of it.

Key takeaways:
  • Wade talks about MJJ Productions as being something that was used to acquire him and other minors for sexual abuse, when he didn't even meet Michael through the company and his mother directly contradicts that narrative and talks about how she continuously sought Michael out for years.
  • Wade talks about an evil plot orchestrated by Michael and the MJJ Productions company to make him and his family move permanently from Australia to California when his mother says that it was his father's idea, and that she asked Michael for help to sponsor their move
  • She tells Wade about one of his stories "none of that is true."
  • According to Joy in both 2005 and 2016, they only ever spent four days at Neverland and only once was Michael actually there.

Wade filed a civil lawsuit against MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures for monetary compensation, saying that these were "the most sophisticated public child sexual abuse procurement and facilitation organization the world has known" that knowingly and deliberately "facilitated" his alleged sexual abuse. "[Robson] alleges these "meet and greets" were purposely orchestrated by MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures as a sexual grooming mechanism to acquire minor sexual abuse victims for Michael Jackson, disguised as charitable events for minors." Given how aggressively prosecutors hunted for anything against MJ, it seems really hard to believe this could have never been investigating. Wade didn't meet him through these meet and greets, he actually met with Michael in 1987 in Australia after winning a dance competition. And more importantly, these meetings were organized by Target, Pepsi, and CBS, not MJJ Productions or MJJ Ventures. Joy Robson, Wade's mother, said that there were a lot of people present at these events.

Wade was invited to dance on stage with MJ at a show, and according to Wade himself didn't spend any time off-stage with him. They would have likely never met again, but Joy delivered a thank you letter to Michael at his hotel and the three of them met. Joy then continuously sent him letters about Wade progressing as a dancer, and didn't meet him again until two years later (1990) when the family sought him out. Joy called several Australian TV channels looking for any way to contact Michael. Joy called Michael's personal assistant Norma Staikos and got a meeting with Michael at a recording studio. This is all according to Joy Robson's deposition.

Wade characterized that meeting completely differently in his lawsuit: "[Robson] is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges that Ms. (Norma) Staikos was acting on behalf of MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures, as a "madam" or "procurer" of child sexual abuse victims for Michael Jackson. Although disguised as another charitable "meet and greet" between [Robson], his parents and Michael Jackson, this event was purposely orchestrated by Ms. Staikos, MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures as a further means for Michael Jackson to acquire another sexual abuse victim and grooming him and his parents for such."

This is, of course, in complete contrast to Joy's deposition. Per Joy's account, this meeting was in no way orchestrated by Staikos/MJJ Productions, it was initiated by Joy Robson.

Then Robson alleges that MJJ Productions organized that the family be permanently moved from Australia to California. "In order to arrange for their immigration to the United States, Michael Jackson had MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures hire [Robson] and his mother, and arranged for [Robson], his mother and sister to move permanently to California. [Robson] alleges this was done by Michael Jackson, MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures for the explicit purpose of allowing Michael Jackson access to [Robson] for sexual abuse." But according to Joy's testimony, the idea for their moving to the states' came from Dennis Robson, Wade's father, and Joy also wanted to move. "You know, I — I believed that Wade had a future here, and I — I felt like he had gone as far as he could go in Australia. He really needed to be here." According to Joy, the Robsons' needed a sponsor to stay in the States and asked Michael for help. As was said in her deposition:

"And did you ask him to do that?" And you responded: "Yes, pretty much. Basically, I asked for help, so that was the only way we could stay, so yes."

Further, according to Joy, she was still the one to pursue communications with Michael, asking him to put him in music videos like Jam. She even cut ties with him for six months because Michael wouldn't call Wade during the Dangerous tour, and Michael wouldn't take him on the tour like Wade wanted.

Perhaps most interestingly, in 2005 his mother said while being questioned by the prosecution that in fourteen years Wade was only at Neverland ON FOUR OCASSIONS.

So Wade now says he was lying in 2005. And so you might think, maybe his mother was lying in 2005 too? But in her 2016 deposition, Joy reiterated that they only stayed at Neverland four or five times and that Michael was only there once, in the summer of 1993.

EDIT: There's also a 264 page document in support of the Estate which includes some e-mails between Wade and his mother. In some of them, Wade seems to be passing ideas by her and regarding one she says quite simply that it's not true. Wade e-mailed at 8:55 PM:

"There is testimony from a security guard that states the Mother's Day incident was in 1990. What do you think?

In a witness statement taken by the SBSB on April 15, 1994, in connection with the Chandler Investigation, Charli T. Michaels (a security guard at Neverland from March 21, 1990 through March 6, 1992) stated that she encountered Wade and his mother during their visit to Neverland in May 1990, and witnessed an incident involving Jackson and Wade. Ms. Michaels stated that on Mother's Day 1990..." (it goes on)

Joy answered a few minutes later at 9:03: "Wow. None of that is true..." However, Wade used the story in his complaint anyway.

There's also e-mails about Wade looking to get a book published about his allegations in 2012 before he went public. He was turned down by several book publishers. According to Wade's literary agent, Wade had been asking for "a large amount of money"; Wade denied this in a 2016 deposition.

While Wade now has James Safechuck with him on the documentary, Wade and his legal team also worked for the last few years to get other men who had known Michael as children in on the lawsuit. They tried to force Jordan Chandler to testify and said that they were trying to hunt down Jordan wherever he was hiding. Brett Barnes refused to testify against Michael and said that he never molested him. They went after Jonathan Spence, who had befriended MJ in the 80s as a child and who maintains that nothing happened. It says in the documents: "Plaintiff Wade Robson and his counsel have treated Spence in the most abominable manner – without the slightest regard for Spence's concerns and objections regarding Spence's unilaterally-noticed deposition" and "[Robson's] bullying behavior toward a non-party is inexcusable and speaks for itself."

Thanks for putting in the time to make these posts.

It does seem that Michael Jackson's accusers only seem to come forward when either he or his estate have refused them a pay day.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
MJ defenders : He is innocent, he was found innocent in court

Other people: knowing all this Would you have sent your children to Neverland?

Also MJ defenders: Hell No

You can believe that he was innocent of sexual assault while also not feeling comfortable with your own child going to a stranger's house for a sleepover. It isn't an "either or" situation.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he didn't groom young boys, if he didn't have a child (from ages 9-19) sleep in his bed an excess of 400 times, including there being pictures of michael jackson in bed in his underwear with the boy, y'know it just might be easy to believe he was innocent
Are you talking a out Omar Bhatti? Where's this picture? Aren't there rumours Omar was his son? I know he's still around, and has a strong admiration for Michael and his family.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
You can believe that he was innocent of sexual assault while also not feeling comfortable with your own child going to a stranger's house for a sleepover. It isn't an "either or" situation.
I think the point they are trying to make is that it's possible MJ was found innocent of sexual assault, but still be a predator. All of the behavior we know about is clearly predatory. He isn't innocent.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Thanks for putting in the time to make these posts.

It does seem that Michael Jackson's accusers only seem to come forward when either he or his estate have refused them a pay day.
And the flip side of that is we have no way of knowing how many boys settled with Jackson, only Chandler was publicly named. But if I recall correctly the FBI estimated he spent something like 34 million in private settlements, but supposedly Chandler was only in the 20s. Btw, if Jackson had been accused of fondeling/oral with little girls he openly slept with of months/years, No one would defend him.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
MJ is a Woody Allen. He's a creep. Sure, he may not have done anything sexual with the kids, but what he did was still creepy as fuck and shouldn't have been allowed.
You can't compare Woody Allen to Michael Jackson. He was accused by his ex-wife who had a lot of problems. The accusations never were very believable in the first place.

To those who have become convinced of my father's guilt, I ask you to consider this: In this time of #MeToo, when so many movie heavyweights have faced dozens of accusations, my father has been accused of wrongdoing only once, by an enraged ex-partner during contentious custody negotiations. During almost 60 years in the public eye, not one other person has come forward to accuse him of even behaving badly on a date, or acting inappropriately in any professional situation, let alone molesting a child. As a trained professional, I know that child molestation is a compulsive sickness and deviation that demands repetition. Dylan was alone with Woody in his apartment countless times over the years without a hint of impropriety, yet some would have you believe that at the age of 56, he suddenly decided to become a child molester in a house full of hostile people ordered to watch him like a hawk.
http://mosesfarrow.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-son-speaks-out-by-moses-farrow.html

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I go back and fourth a lot on M.J. and what he did and didn't do. The man was clearly deeply disturbed and he was by no means normal. The shit he has said or had done would make anyone with half s brain think he molested those kids.

But there are also two of those kids who spent an enormous amount of time with the man and is well documented.

McCulley Culkin and Corey Feldman. Both children and now men have led difficult and troubled times as adults and have struggled with addiction. But both of them have said Michel Jackson never did anything for them to think he was a molestor.

Feldman in particular who has raised the issue in his own career about being abused has said Jackson was innocent. He clearly liked Jackson. He still mimicks his style in performances.

So my point is, the man was creepy to us for good reason. But being creepy isn't 100% proof. There were hundreds of kids around Jackson.
He must have cared for McCauley Culkin deeply, considering he kept his autograph here:

Mod Edit: Inappropriate Source Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He must have cared for McCauley Culkin deeply, considering he kept his autograph here:

Mod Edit: Inappropriate Source Removed
I've been seeing places use this dialy mail link... But its daily mail so I question its authenticity. Any reputable news sources claim these books were found?

Been reading this too:
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=8j4ILUllObsC&pg=PA153&lpg=PA153&dq=michael+Jackson+underwear+in+bed+pic&source=bl&ots=zObweQuERY&sig=ACfU3U3qBPORCjokipSO1WMJUhkjRVwKEg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjOo5GxueDgAhXZDmMBHcBsCMgQ6AEwB3oECAsQAQ#v=onepage&q=michael Jackson underwear in bed pic&f=false
The rent a wreck boy apparently described Michael Jackson penis in detail? Including positions of splotches where had discolouration. That's pretty messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
When Jackson would tour he frequently bought boys with him as traveling companions. They stayed in his room, with the parents in a different room ( if they were even there at all).
So ask yourself - suppose Jackson in his 30s had toured and bought along a 12/13 year old girl with him, she stays in the room with him, sleeps in his bed with him. No one would of thought that was ok, and it would of been no surprise if the girl revealed there was sexual activity while sleeping in a grown mans bed for months.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I
The rent a wreck boy apparently described Michael Jackson penis in detail? Including positions of splotches where had discolouration. That's pretty messed up.
That was the rumour going around then but law enforcement sources came out and said around the time of the case that the photos of his stuff did not match the description. The description referenced vague brown blotches, which would be common on someone with vitiligo. Most importantly, the description described him as being circumcised when he was confirmed by policy and autopsy to not be.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I don't believe Wade, because of how the past accusations have been proven unture and looking closely into Wade's own claims. Posting from another thread:

Whatever you think, please take the time to read this. So this is going to be a long post and it's probably going to be followed by many more long posts to come. Today I've been researching more than ever before what exactly was contained in Wade Robson's lawsuits and how that contrasted with his own mother's deposition. There's clear contradictions and more often than not it seems he's trying to frame or mischaracterize MJJ Productions, in order to make a clear legal target out of it.

Key takeaways:
  • Wade talks about MJJ Productions as being something that was used to acquire him and other minors for sexual abuse, when he didn't even meet Michael through the company and his mother directly contradicts that narrative and talks about how she continuously sought Michael out for years.
  • Wade talks about an evil plot orchestrated by Michael and the MJJ Productions company to make him and his family move permanently from Australia to California when his mother says that it was his father's idea, and that she asked Michael for help to sponsor their move
  • She tells Wade about one of his stories "none of that is true."
  • According to Joy in both 2005 and 2016, they only ever spent four days at Neverland and only once was Michael actually there.

Wade filed a civil lawsuit against MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures for monetary compensation, saying that these were "the most sophisticated public child sexual abuse procurement and facilitation organization the world has known" that knowingly and deliberately "facilitated" his alleged sexual abuse. "[Robson] alleges these "meet and greets" were purposely orchestrated by MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures as a sexual grooming mechanism to acquire minor sexual abuse victims for Michael Jackson, disguised as charitable events for minors." Given how aggressively prosecutors hunted for anything against MJ, it seems really hard to believe this could have never been investigating. Wade didn't meet him through these meet and greets, he actually met with Michael in 1987 in Australia after winning a dance competition. And more importantly, these meetings were organized by Target, Pepsi, and CBS, not MJJ Productions or MJJ Ventures. Joy Robson, Wade's mother, said that there were a lot of people present at these events.

Wade was invited to dance on stage with MJ at a show, and according to Wade himself didn't spend any time off-stage with him. They would have likely never met again, but Joy delivered a thank you letter to Michael at his hotel and the three of them met. Joy then continuously sent him letters about Wade progressing as a dancer, and didn't meet him again until two years later (1990) when the family sought him out. Joy called several Australian TV channels looking for any way to contact Michael. Joy called Michael's personal assistant Norma Staikos and got a meeting with Michael at a recording studio. This is all according to Joy Robson's deposition.

Wade characterized that meeting completely differently in his lawsuit: "[Robson] is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges that Ms. (Norma) Staikos was acting on behalf of MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures, as a "madam" or "procurer" of child sexual abuse victims for Michael Jackson. Although disguised as another charitable "meet and greet" between [Robson], his parents and Michael Jackson, this event was purposely orchestrated by Ms. Staikos, MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures as a further means for Michael Jackson to acquire another sexual abuse victim and grooming him and his parents for such."

This is, of course, in complete contrast to Joy's deposition. Per Joy's account, this meeting was in no way orchestrated by Staikos/MJJ Productions, it was initiated by Joy Robson.

Then Robson alleges that MJJ Productions organized that the family be permanently moved from Australia to California. "In order to arrange for their immigration to the United States, Michael Jackson had MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures hire [Robson] and his mother, and arranged for [Robson], his mother and sister to move permanently to California. [Robson] alleges this was done by Michael Jackson, MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures for the explicit purpose of allowing Michael Jackson access to [Robson] for sexual abuse." But according to Joy's testimony, the idea for their moving to the states' came from Dennis Robson, Wade's father, and Joy also wanted to move. "You know, I — I believed that Wade had a future here, and I — I felt like he had gone as far as he could go in Australia. He really needed to be here." According to Joy, the Robsons' needed a sponsor to stay in the States and asked Michael for help. As was said in her deposition:

"And did you ask him to do that?" And you responded: "Yes, pretty much. Basically, I asked for help, so that was the only way we could stay, so yes."

Further, according to Joy, she was still the one to pursue communications with Michael, asking him to put him in music videos like Jam. She even cut ties with him for six months because Michael wouldn't call Wade during the Dangerous tour, and Michael wouldn't take him on the tour like Wade wanted.

Perhaps most interestingly, in 2005 his mother said while being questioned by the prosecution that in fourteen years Wade was only at Neverland ON FOUR OCASSIONS.

So Wade now says he was lying in 2005. And so you might think, maybe his mother was lying in 2005 too? But in her 2016 deposition, Joy reiterated that they only stayed at Neverland four or five times and that Michael was only there once, in the summer of 1993.

EDIT: There's also a 264 page document in support of the Estate which includes some e-mails between Wade and his mother. In some of them, Wade seems to be passing ideas by her and regarding one she says quite simply that it's not true. Wade e-mailed at 8:55 PM:

"There is testimony from a security guard that states the Mother's Day incident was in 1990. What do you think?

In a witness statement taken by the SBSB on April 15, 1994, in connection with the Chandler Investigation, Charli T. Michaels (a security guard at Neverland from March 21, 1990 through March 6, 1992) stated that she encountered Wade and his mother during their visit to Neverland in May 1990, and witnessed an incident involving Jackson and Wade. Ms. Michaels stated that on Mother's Day 1990..." (it goes on)

Joy answered a few minutes later at 9:03: "Wow. None of that is true..." However, Wade used the story in his complaint anyway.

There's also e-mails about Wade looking to get a book published about his allegations in 2012 before he went public. He was turned down by several book publishers. According to Wade's literary agent, Wade had been asking for "a large amount of money"; Wade denied this in a 2016 deposition.

While Wade now has James Safechuck with him on the documentary, Wade and his legal team also worked for the last few years to get other men who had known Michael as children in on the lawsuit. They tried to force Jordan Chandler to testify and said that they were trying to hunt down Jordan wherever he was hiding. Brett Barnes refused to testify against Michael and said that he never molested him. They went after Jonathan Spence, who had befriended MJ in the 80s as a child and who maintains that nothing happened. It says in the documents: "Plaintiff Wade Robson and his counsel have treated Spence in the most abominable manner – without the slightest regard for Spence's concerns and objections regarding Spence's unilaterally-noticed deposition" and "[Robson's] bullying behavior toward a non-party is inexcusable and speaks for itself."
Interesting how this post is getting ignored by most people in this thread, despite being on the front page's first posts.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Normal people sleep with kids all the time, nothing to see, also having child porn, not big deal he made thriller so it's ok. Plus every innocent man pays to not go to tribunals some times.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know what to think. I have looked at the 2005 trial and IMO that family was trying to extort money from Jackson IMO, there was all kinds of ridiculous stuff like the mother claiming they were kept prisoner at Neverland ranch and she was plotting to escape via hot air balloon (not kidding) when there are credit card records that show she was out and about in Los Angeles shopping and going to salons using Jackson's credit card. They lost that case badly.

Drewton does raise some fair points.

On the other hand, obviously his behavior was obviously not normal. I suppose it is possible that he basically lived in a state of arrested development and idealized childhood to such a degree that he basically was a kid at heart.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I honestly don't know what to think. I have looked at the 2005 trial and IMO that family was trying to extort money from Jackson IMO, there was all kinds of ridiculous stuff like the mother claiming they were kept prisoner at Neverland ranch and she was plotting to escape via hot air balloon (not kidding) when there are credit card records that show she was out and about in Los Angeles shopping and going to salons using Jackson's credit card. They lost that case badly.

Drewton does raise some fair points.

On the other hand, obviously his behavior was obviously not normal. I suppose it is possible that he basically lived in a state of arrested development and idealized childhood to such a degree that he basically was a kid at heart.
Watched an interview with one of the detectives in the Aviso case the other day. I think his mother was a liability, and a con. But I don't think Aviso himself was. For that matter, he has apparently been offered 6 figures to do interviews, tell his side, but he never has, and unlike Chandler he isn't bound by a non disclosure agreement, would be easy for him to cash in. If he had just been making shit up for $$$, wouldn't he be doing paid interviews?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched an interview with one of the detectives in the Aviso case the other day. I think his mother was a liability, and a con. But I don't think Aviso himself was. For that matter, he has apparently been offered 6 figures to do interviews, tell his side, but he never has, and unlike Chandler he isn't bound by a non disclosure agreement, would be easy for him to cash in. If he had just been making shit up for $$$, wouldn't he be doing paid interviews?

Why would the mother lie in the court case though. If the thing was a lie, I sure as heck wouldn't want to give interviews about it either.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Are you talking a out Omar Bhatti? Where's this picture? Aren't there rumours Omar was his son? I know he's still around, and has a strong admiration for Michael and his family.
Nah I was talking about Brett Barnes. I'm not aware if the picture was ever presented publicly, but it was presented during Barnes' testimony.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Why would the mother lie in the court case though. If the thing was a lie, I sure as heck wouldn't want to give interviews about it either.
She had a history of scam behavior. I honestly think she knew what would probably happen if she let her son sleep with michael, she wanted a settlement. I feel terrible for him he had that awful family, then michaels sleepovers and labeled forever by his fans a con. When I watched his interview with the detectives he behaved like any other boy would in that situation - he minimized it. From my own memory of that age, had I somehow been forced to talk about it (If I couldnt just lie and deny) I would if minimized it as well, like it wasn't a big deal. That's how boys who been victimized sexually sort of protect themselves at that age.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Do you honestly believe this

"This was a letter MJ sent to a relative when he was worried about his nephew being molested. He clearly did not think child molestation was ok. "

Is proof of anything.

Have you ever looked into any rapist in the entire world.

Do you think Jackson not raping one child is proof in favor of him having never raped other children.

Do you really think these things or are you arguing in bad faith to defend a dead pop star.
Out of curiosity, why are you only focusing on that one post and ignoring the other, far more detailed posts they've made on the topic?

WingM@n

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Commentary in a Thread Concerning Allegations of Child Sexual Abuse
I know a few people that know Wade from his dancing/music career. All I can say is that he lost many friends because of his lies and backstabbing. He's a fraud.

James and Wade worked 25 months on this documentary, thats a lot of time to get their stories perfectly aligned with eachother.

Normally I'd say don't blame the victims, but these guys arent victims, they are frauds .

Last edited:

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
I know a few people that know Wade from his dancing/music career. All I can say is that he lost many friends because of his lies and backstabbing. He's a fraud.

Jimmy and Wade worked 25 months on this documentary, thats a lot of time to get their stories perfectly aligned with eachother.

Normally I'd say don't blame the victims, but these guys arent victims, they are frauds .
The victims of childhood sexual abuse often exhibit antisocial behaviour later in life. Calling him a fraud for acting in the manor of an abuse victim, classy.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Loose Change must be telling the truth then about 9/11 being an inside job. /s
ARE YOU SERIOUS? REALLY? LMFAO Tell me when you have places like Sundance and the NYT/WaPo/Vulture/Time/CNN/Chicago Tribute/Boston Globe/Newsday/WSJ all vouch for the veracity of fucking loose change. Like what are you even talking about? Offering that as an example just kinda shows how far deep you are. Why are you caping for this dude?

And even if they are money-grubbing cheats, liars, and whatever else you throw at these victims, that doesn't really change that these kids were probably 100% abused. And that fucks you with horrible ways for a long time. Not only the kids, but their families too.

We've seen this exact same thing happen with Michael Cohen/Tim Donaghy/Jose Canseco and now someone like Wade Robson. You can impugn their character all you want, but that doesn't mean they're liars about stuff they'd be privy too.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The victims of childhood sexual abuse often exhibit antisocial behaviour later in life. Calling him a fraud for acting in the manor of an abuse victim, classy.
What are exactly the antisocial behaviours that abuse victimrs display later in life? As in what characteristics/behaviours? From what it sounds like, Wade did certain antisocial behaviours that had an end goal of getting one up, improving his life, and slimy backstabbing things. Different from just being a recluse or not having emotional intelligence. But maybe I'm wrong?

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The tonality of this thread is strange considering how people usually react here when accusations are brought against a celebrity. I'm going to watch this doc this weekend and reserve my judgment till then.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Take victims seriously. Give them their due process, conduct a serious investigation, and give them their day in court. This isn't that. This looks like a hit job by accusers who were already discredited looking for another payday. I don't care about MJ one bit, and if he was a child molestor his legacy should be burned to the ground. But this doc doesn't sound convincing.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
huffpost.com/us/entry/us_610258

Relevant quote:

"Sneddon was later caught seemingly trying to plant fingerprint evidence against Jackson, allowing accuser Gavin Arvizo to handle adult magazines during the grand jury hearings, then bagging them up and sending them away for fingerprint analysis. "

What's hilarious is that during the trial it came out that the relevant issues of magazines hadn't even been published before Arvizo started accusing MJ of molesting him.

You may continue your petty little crusade.

Ignoring the quality of that article Stinkles rightfully brought up:

Yeah, no, that's not a source. That's just a Huffington Post Contributor making exactly the same claim, without sourcing it. In fact, he even says "seemingly", making even his claim wishy-washy. After searching for quite some time the only original source I found for the claim is...Michael Jackson's Defense Attorney. So, to me, it seems like the Defense Attorney claimed this and a few people then just repeated that claim as fact?

If that's the case: That's not how this works. You can't just repeat things a person's defense attorney claimed to defend him as proven facts (or even just, as this Contributor did, "seeming" fact) to discredit the evidence.

Also, I will repeat once again:

All of this shit is just the top of the iceberg. The foundation is that a grown-ass, adult man, sleeps in the same bed and bedroom, cuddles and lovingly holds hands with children he is not related to and that this is incredibly fucked up and absolutely not OK. Can you just confirm for me that saying this, to you, means that one is on a "petty little crusade"?

Nov 7, 2017
I'm going to bring us all together:

Janet Jackson is perfection.

Discuss.
I had this thought at work today and ended up googling concert tickets for her when I should have been working.

Her back catalogue is amazing and she mostly avoided the production excess that MJ loved. I love his music but as a whole I think her catalogue is better for me (though maybe that's due to his music being played to death).

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
What are exactly the antisocial behaviours that abuse victimrs display later in life? As in what characteristics/behaviours? From what it sounds like, Wade did certain antisocial behaviours that had an end goal of getting one up, improving his life, and slimy backstabbing things. Different from just being a recluse or not having emotional intelligence. But maybe I'm wrong?
Speaking for myself, when I was a child the abuse I went through made it very, very difficult to relate to other kids my age, i kind of was left feeling like i was fundamentally different, not in a good or unique way. As an adult not being able to trust, form long lasting relationships, and a habit, stemming from my childhood abuse of denied when thing are wrong in my life, pushing away people who expressed care/love etc., could probably think of more but not hopping down that rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.