• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on my limited knowledge and earlier parts of this thread, I was leaning toward MJ not being a molester.

I'm finding it hard to not believe these guys. MJ was "child like", but with the hormones and sex drive of an adult man.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me that he got away with this. The 90's weren't that long ago. Imagine Drake traveling the world with a fleet of disposable Millie Bobby Browns. That shit wouldn't fly. Why in the hell was MJ allowed to skate on that?

Nov 20, 2017
Based on my limited knowledge and earlier parts of this thread, I was leaning toward MJ not being a molester.

I'm finding it hard to not believe these guys. MJ was "child like", but with the hormones and sex drive of an adult man.

The biggest lie told about MJ might have been the 'adult baby' one. Dude was performative through and through, vindictive and manipulative.

It's crazy to me that he got away with this. The 90's weren't that long ago. Imagine Drake traveling the world with a fleet of disposable Millie Bobby Browns. That shit wouldn't fly. Why in the hell was MJ allowed to skate on that?

Time and time again, people will show themselves to cape for power and celebrity. Look at how much the likes of Chris Brown or, well, Trump still gets away with.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Whether he actually did anything or not, Michael Jackson wasn't this innocent artist that was hounded by the media to slander his career. In reality, he was a media empire brand in of himself and had major influence in the music industry both financially and artistically. People with that much power can do anything.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Did we discuss how the official MJ twitter account made one of his concerts available tonight for a limited time? Gross deflection.

Oct 26, 2017
So far it's been the opposite. Brett Barnes is threatening legal action against HBO for implying Jackson molested him.

--

BRETT BARNES LEGAL NOTICE TO HBO:

We have also learned that the film mentions Mr. Barnes several times as having been friends with Mr. Jackson as a child and also includes footage of Mr. Jackson and Mr. Barnes together. The film for seconds displays a chyron stating that Mr. Barnes denies that Mr. Jackson did anything inappropriate. We are also informed that one of the men who claims to have been molested by Mr. Jackson, Wade Robson, states in the film that Mr. Barnes "replaced him" and the film then shows Mr. Barnes and Mr. Jackson on tour. No chyron is going to cure such a despicable allegation. By depicting Mr. Barnes as a child next to Mr. Jackson in a film devoted to allegations of sexual molestation against Mr. Jackson, the film leaves viewers with the false impression that Mr. Barnes was in fact molested by Mr. Jackson and that Mr. Barnes is simply in denial.

[...]

The hurt you will cause to Mr. Barnes if you do not reverse course is magnified by the fact that Mr. Barnes and his family considered Mr. Jackson to be a dear family friend for almost twenty years and Mr. Barnes still considers him to have been one of the best friends he has ever had. That you would produce a film strongly implying that Mr. Barnes was sexually abused by one of his best friends is outrageous. That no one even attempted to contact Mr. Barnes to ask about such accusations is beyond the pale. Surely, if there were any interest in ascertaining the truth of the serious claims made about Mr. Barnes, Mr. Barnes would have been contacted. Put simply, Mr. Barnes wants nothing to do with the film, does not consent to the use of his image and likeness in the film, and wishes to be left alone.

Full document here:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
I wonder what legal power they have here. Surely implying is legal, but...how MUCH can you imply through imagery and such before it crosses a line?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The men's accounts of the sexual assault, the process leading up to it, what was said, how they were treated, how it progressed, all of it is almost identical.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's also worth noting that abusers are often very good at convincing others that they're faultless or very good people. One of the moms just said "he didn't even blame the boy" for his accusations, "he [MJ] was so good"

Oct 25, 2017
Whether he actually did anything or not, Michael Jackson wasn't this innocent artist that was hounded by the media to slander his career. In reality, he was a media empire brand in of himself and had major influence in the music industry both financially and artistically. People with that much power can do anything.
In retrospect it is weird how people (including me) bought into that "naive, pure-hearted big kid" narrative like MJ wasn't a grown man who was living his life. Not saying that in a "he's definitely a pedo" way, but its not like he ran around legitimately believing he was still 10 years old or something. He had romances, made business deals, etc like an adult....and he made an adult decision to make a private place to have sleepovers with kids. Like, the idea of some middle-aged adult doing that is nuts

Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Victim blaming. Dismissing allegations of sexual assault based on "composure."
This jimmy guy seems very composed for a person telling his story about sexual abuse.

BS

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the first sign of trouble should have been the construction of Neverland, which in and of itself is troubling.

synapsidal

Oct 25, 2017
He used his fame and wealth to separate boys from their families in order to spend more time alone with them. That's enough right there.

Nov 20, 2017
Can I just add one more thing about all this? Even if MJ did not sexually abuse those kids, what he did was still immensely fucked up and should not be at all normalised. Period.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
He used his fame and wealth to separate boys from their families in order to spend more time alone with them. That's enough right there.
There is literally no moral defense for this along with the other points I've made in this thread but the defenders are still trying to argue saying, "Read the facts." as if I haven't already, lol.
Can I just add one more thing about all this? Even if MJ did not sexually abuse those kids, what he did was still immensely fucked up and should not be at all normalised. Period.
I've literally been making this argument this entire thread but I'm being labelled as ignoring the facts or whatever BS.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I totally believe jimmy. I could see the pain. I'm torn on Wade. His behavior in the past is suspect.

MJ is incredibly lucky he's dead .

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Culkin has to say about members of the documentary suggesting without a doubt he was molested in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.