• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
You do realize you are calling abuse victims liars right? You know this and understand what you are doing?

I am watching this documentary like everyone else and I believe it is all made up non-sense.

I am entitled to my opinion and you are welcome to disagree.

Will not be offended.

I can share my opinion on this forum.

Some members think everyone has to see things from the same perspective as them.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Michael coercing Wade's mother into abandoning her husband when her husband was going through some major mental issues is extremely fucked up as well.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am watching this documentary like everyone else and I believe it is all made up non-sense.

Will not be offended.

Some members think everyone has to see things from the same perspective as them.
It's 2019 dude. Calling assault victims liars is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Nov 20, 2017

Will not be offended.

Think less 'everyone has to share the same opinion', more 'don't be an ass'.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I believe Wade. I absolutely believe him.

In his story I hear the most convincing account of a man abused as a child, knew it was abuse, but came to count on that abuse as validation from the man he grew up admiring. You never hear men tell the story like this.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Will not be offended.

Your not entitled to an "opinion" when you only watch 20 minutes of it lol

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Repeated victim blaming and thread disruption, history of dismissive behaviour.
It's 2019 dude. Calling assault victims liars is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Same place you have been.

Out of curiosity do you assume all accusations are 100% true.

Simply because they just are.

I will continue to watch show but I am just sharing my view.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Un yes? It is almost unheard of to report false sexual assault charges. This has been proven statically over and over and over again.

If someone says they were sexually assaulted you don't mock them and call them a liar like you are doing.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife was abused by someone she looked up to and she relates completely to Wade moreso than to Jimmy. She couldn't stop crying. I found Jimmy's story to be frightening.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to note to that the documentary never suggests Brett Barnes and Macauly Caulkin were molested, just that they replaced Jimmy and Wade by Michael's side which is completely fact-based.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
I pray these allegations aren't true because this is just monstrous. I'll save part two for tomorrow

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Says online that part two is tomorrow night. I'm on cable but will try HbO Go after this to see if its on there.

My cable box only shows 2 hours of part 1 and that's it

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018

Let's have some perspective. It's not a question of assuming or believing that all sexual abuse accusations are true or not. It's a question of taking each and every one of them seriously. A basic right that sadly, many sexual abuse victims have been denied in the past. Let's treat every accusation with all the seriousness and respect that is warranted. Just this simple, basic act would help tremendously for necessary due process (which is another thing many sexual abuse victims have been denied in the past).

Last edited:

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Had to do it, somebody had to. I hope this doesn't make sharing a bad thing.

This feels like a straw man.

No, no one in their right mind thinks when MJ said he shared his bed with children did he "alternate" time in the bed with them. That's ridiculous. And no, sharing in itself isn't a bad thing. Equating the two is stupid.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it safe to say Michael Jackson was a pedophile in this thread yet? Will I regret unignoring this thread where victim blaming and pedophile defense runs rampant?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Part 1 was the most skin-crawling experience I have had in a long time. Even after like two disclaimers about how sexually graphic the film was going to be, I still did not expect it to be as gross and explicit as it was.

I guess Jackson's childish, meek, deer-in-headlights demeanor really threw parents for a loop. I could see why someone might not even think of him as a sexual person, or someone capable of predatory behavior. He's not the mustache-and-sunglasses creepy molester type that is often played up in the media.

Even if the abuse allegations were untrue, the way he treated the kids and their families was absolutely fucked up. Asking to "borrow" someone's 7-year-old for a year? Dangling the prospect of mentoring, training, and financial support over them, then just moving on to a new kid when you get bored of the old one? Sowing distrust among the "Friend Families", so that they won't ever talk or compare notes or figure out what was going on?

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I noticed people immediately changed their opinion on MJ after he died. Just because he died? I don't know why but everyone I knew was gunning for him and thought he was weird until he died and suddenly everyone loved him again. It'll be hard for some people to just accept this truth for whatever reason.

It was always weird how he treated some his fans that were children and how he had visitors spend the night.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed people immediately changed their opinion on MJ after he died. Just because he died? I don't know why but everyone I knew was gunning for him and thought he was weird until he died and suddenly everyone loved him again. It'll be hard for some people to just accept this truth for whatever reason.

It was always weird how he treated some his fans that were children and how he had visitors spend the night.

Some people take "never speak ill of the dead" far too literal...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this kills MJs legacy. Sexual abuse of children will be the main thing he is remembered for as time passes.

In a just world at least.
I think once the people who were a part of his fanbase while he was alive are gone and most of the general populace has no living memory of Jackson......he will predominantly be remembered as a pedophile.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He is indefensible at this time. Its sad to see so many trying their best to in the face of reason. He was a pedophile who ruined lives and destroyed families without remorse or pause. And him having a non-standard childhood is no excuse for any of it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would like to sink into Part 2 tonight, I think it'd be a bit much to deal with after the intensity of Part 1.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched part one. Man, this was difficult to watch, especially when both guys go into details. Seeing the story of Michael basically destroy an entire family is heartbreaking as well. This is only half of it too.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just finished. A lot to process, but it's hard for me to imagine a living, breathing soul being able to watch this and not recognize and condemn the clear abuses that were present in Michael's behaviors and actions, before you even get to the sexual assault allegations.

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Fearmongering surrounding sexual assault and antagonizing other members
Un yes? It is almost unheard of to report false sexual assault charges. This has been proven statically over and over and over again.

If someone says they were sexually assaulted you don't mock them and call them a liar like you are doing.

I wonder what kind of relationship

Actually, there are many cases where men and women have lied about sexual assault. There is a episode of Iyanla Vanzant Fix my life, with a mother who had falsely accused her daughter's father of raping his own children. Only later to admit she made it up, partially because she was sexually assaulted.

My aunt friend was falsely accused of molesting her kids, by the kids father. He was just being vindictive, and didn't want to give her child support for his kids.

We live in a world of deceit, murder, jealousy, envy, pride and hate. So, I believe anything is possible, but I will not say it is a fact. Unless, there is evidence or witnesses to the act, its a possibility.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Actually, there are many cases where men and women have lied about sexual assault. There is a episode of Iyanla Vanzant Fix my life, with a mother who had falsely accused her daughter's father of raping his own children. Only later to admit she made it up, partially because she was sexually assaulted.

My aunt friend was falsely accused of molesting her kids, by the kids father. He was just being vindictive, and didn't want to give her child support for his kids.

We live in a world of deceit, murder, jealousy, envy, pride and hate. So, I believe anything is possible, but I will not say it is a fact. Unless, there is evidence or witnesses to the act, its a possibility.

Stop, you're just embarrassing yourself.

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
This feels like a straw man.

No, no one in their right mind thinks when MJ said he shared his bed with children did he "alternate" time in the bed with them. That's ridiculous. And no, sharing in itself isn't a bad thing. Equating the two is stupid.

True, but there is a defense team. That is a tight rope, that will be attempted to be walked.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
It makes an incredibly disingenuous comparison to R. Kelly and decides to make it racial. Stupid as hell and irrelevant to the documentary.

You don't find the context around Wade Robson and trying to influence work as a choreographer for MJ Cirque du Solai and Kenny Ortega's This is It relevant to the documentary? Or him shopping a book around?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just starting part 1 but here is good info on the backstory of the doc itself

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joevog...ow-about-the-new-michael-jackson-documentary/
I saw part one of the documentary this evening, and I found it very disturbing. I've liked some songs of Michael Jackson's, but I've never considered myself a big fan—casual fan at best. I would choose to believe the victims, but I did look into the cases quite a bit a few months ago and believed at that time that perhaps MJ has molested children, but those who have brought cases against him so far haven't appeared to be true. I still believe that it's possible, but I have yet to be very convinced that he molested children. I found the timeline in the article to be interesting:
When Michael Jackson died in 2009, Wade Robson—the former choreographer whose allegations of abuse are at the center of a controversial new documentary, Leaving Neverland—wrote in tribute to his friend:

Michael Jackson changed the world and, more personally, my life forever. He is the reason I dance, the reason I make music, and one of the main reasons I believe in the pure goodness of humankind. He has been a close friend of mine for 20 years. His music, his movement, his personal words of inspiration and encouragement and his unconditional love will live inside of me forever. I will miss him immeasurably, but I know that he is now at peace and enchanting the heavens with a melody and a moonwalk.

Robson was twenty-seven years old at the time. Four years earlier, he testified at Jackson's 2005 trial (as an adult) that nothing sexual ever happened between them. Prior to the trial Robson hadn't seen Jackson for years and was under no obligation to be a witness for the defense. He faced a withering cross-examination, understanding the penalty of perjury for lying under oath. But Robson adamantly, confidently, and credibly asserted that nothing sexual ever happened.

What changed between then and now? A few things:

In 2011, Robson approached John Branca, co-executor of the Michael Jackson Estate, about directing the new Michael Jackson/Cirque du Soleil production, ONE. Robson admitted he wanted the job "badly," but the Estate ultimately chose someone else for the position.
In 2012, Robson had a nervous breakdown, triggered, he said, by an obsessive quest for success. His career, in his own words, began to "crumble."
That same year, with Robson's career, finances, and marriage in peril, he began shopping a book that claimed he was sexually abused by Michael Jackson. No publisher picked it up.
In 2013, Robson filed a $1.5 billion dollar civil lawsuit/creditor's claim, along with James Safechuck, who also spent time with Jackson in the late '80s. Safechuck claimed he only realized he may have been abused when Robson filed his lawsuit. That lawsuit was dismissed by a probate court in 2017.
In 2019, the Sundance Film Festival premiered a documentary based entirely on Robson and Safechuck's allegations. While the documentary is obviously emotionally disturbing given the content, it presents no new evidence or witnesses. The film's director, Dan Reed, acknowledged not wanting to interview other key figures because it might complicate or compromise the story he wanted to tell.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017

Hopefully I'm corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe the stats point to around 5% of reported rape accusations to be proven false (Somebody PLEASE correct me if wrong!). However, those are just reported rapes and don't factor in the victims that stay silent, which are the overall majority.

Edit: starting part 1 right now. I'm interested to see how public perception of Michael evolves over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.