• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So? I guess I just wonder why this stuff gets attention when the athletes and artists do it.

Pat Riley did the same thing for "3 peat" back in the day, and IIRC the Bulls and everyone has to pay him when they use that term. I don't see anyone making a big deal about that. But let a player make a similar move and its all pearls clutched.

1. I just copyrighted the term "pearls clutched". Pay me.
2. 3 peat was a newly coined term so he could copyright it. Taco Tuesday is nowhere near a new term as it's been in use for decades. Completely different situations.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Isn't it already trademarked?

-edit-
Yep, already trademarked by Taco John's who defend it rigorously.
Taco Johns got the first federal trademark for it but another company received a state trademark first so Taco Johns can't use it in New Jersey. I assume they came out with some mutual understanding like Burger King and Burger King

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure i've seen either taco bell or del taco using taco tuesday before lebron.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Fuck this shit. Regardless of how I feel about LeBron, this is shitty. Taco Tuesday has been around basically everywhere forever.

Elderly Parrot

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Important: It's not for restaurant services

Ok everyone I actually checked the trademark he might actually get it because the classifications are so random like podcasting and social media blogging. Trademarks only protect confusingly similar names so using the name in such a random business area may allow him to acquire it for that area

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
LeBron tossing his teammates under the bus once again.

51TKo459QrL.jpg

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'mma smack his hair line back to what is was 5 years ago. How can they even consider letting him trademark something that others have used for years
They have to "consider" it if he files the paperwork.

But once it enters the dispute phase, all the Taco joints who've ever used it in advertising file a dispute, and the request is shelved. Wasting however much money was spent on filing the paperwork, which was probably done by lawyers and therefore has hourly rates on top of the filing fee.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Fuck that.

Taco Johns owns the TM last I checked and they need any help they can get. Fuck I could go for a Taco Burger and Potato Oles.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

Just want you to know I've filed for trademark of the name "LeBron."

Please see my user agreement and licensing terms if you'd like to continue posting my trademarked phrase "LeBron™". Also be aware that I'll soon by filing for trademark on the terms "underwhelming flopper" and "LeClown."

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lebron sending an army of lawyers to every school cafeteria. Ready to sue. If the word Taco is not at least 5 words separated away from Tuesday, he suing.

GodofWine

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate when people are so removed from normal society that they think this kinda shit won't blow back at them.

Elderly Parrot

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Oooooo he got a first rejection from the trademark office. Like damn that was quick, usually takes 3 months. They said it was too common of a phrase and that people are confusingly similar marks already in some of the classifications he filed in. They have 6 months to respond with their argument.

The examiners response is so broad in its language and pretty much suggests to remove all trademarks associated with Taco Tuesday because nobody really associates the name with some specific brand

Elderly Parrot

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Sure... Saving face now. The great one gets told no for once and now he's trying to act like getting rejected was the goal all along. Hahahaha
Lol so funny. Well if he's serious about bringing back the name to the people they should actually challenge the mark to the Trademark Trials and Appeals Board

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Isn't it already trademarked?

-edit-
Yep, already trademarked by Taco John's who defend it rigorously.
Not that rigorously I hear tacotime use it in ads on posters everywhere.
Which also means LeBron would have a very hard time trademark this which has been in fair use for decades . Any taco joint could establish they used this for years and he didn't even come close to inventing or using it .