• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm making a new thread because we have the face of basketball chiming iin and it has turned an already huge story up to 11. Already spreading like wildfire on the net.

Initial Morey Tweet that may have cost the NBA millions (billion?).
daryl-morey-houston-rockets-hong-kong-protestors.jpg

My jaw dropped reading Lebron's response. I had 0 expectation of him going there.

Edit: heres video

Edit 2: hes setting forth the damage control

Last edited:

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
More than a athlete hes a business man first and foremost. Can't risk his movie producing career to actually have moral integrity

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
LeBron needs to educate himself.

Or....as a players rep he's seeimg the loss of income that might trickle down to players?

I dunno

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
SJ2 was easy enough to avoid, and it's not like he will miss the money anyway. Dude's already a billionaire.

Bad look for someone fairly aware, LBJ. He's done a lot of good in his life so this is surprising and disappointing.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
On the one hand, I respect the hell out of Lebron for even speaking up on this situation. It's awesome that he's so empowered that he can bring this many people to an issue that might not have otherwise even thought about it. Also, I respect that he's taking a very unpopular stance despite a lot of pressure from the media and, I'm sure, other players/fans.

That being said, I completely disagree with him and worry this kind of "money before decency" rhetoric is going to get people killed on the other side of the globe.