• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
FB_IMG_1571194087184.jpg
😂

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
When have people every reciprocated a neutral stance with indifference? Of course they would've shat on him lol.

People here blow more smoke than a choo choo train.

The overreactions say that much.

He would have been shat on a bit due to stuff like the nba 2k20 video just like Kerr was getting pushback.

However, he's really getting shat on here is for telling Mosey to shut up and gm.

Oct 27, 2017
With his power and influence he chose the dark side. Powerful people like him can influence change for the better. He didn't. He sold out. He's a coward.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I like Lebron in general, and am probably biased as a Cavs fan, but there's no defending this. Pathetic showing by him.

Spinluck

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Kinda like you're not challenging Lebron telling Morey to shut up and just be a GM.

Someone do something for the oppressed voices of rich white men on Twitter. Yeah, forgive me for not buying into your Fox News tier take where these things are the same contextually and historically because you want to cast your own judgement on me without knowing shit.

Yeah, no. Players were getting schooled over in China on its sovereignty issues and were shocked that shortly after that Morey sent out that tweet. He still has a job and has since deleted the tweet.

He's not gonna lose his status like Kap did so forgive me for not drawing this equivalency at all.

Again, miss me with this your emotionally manipulative drivel. Keep this thread alive dogpiling on the same posters--you're doing great.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Someone do something for the oppressed voices of rich white men on Twitter. Yeah, forgive me for not buying into your Fox News tier take where these things are the same contextually and historically because you want to cast your own judgement on me without knowing shit.

Yeah, no. Players were getting schooled over in China on its sovereignty issues and were shocked that shortly after that Morey sent out that tweet. He still has a job and has since deleted the tweet.

He's not gonna lose his status like Kap did so forgive me for not drawing this equivalency at all.

Again, miss me with this your emotionally manipulative drivel. Keep this thread alive dogpiling on the same posters--you're doing great.

He pushed for Mosey to get punished, I'm sorry man, it is an awful look.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
People actually thought that LeBron would really care about "normal" people? Every statement these guys do are made by their marketing / pr team. They fucked up big time this time.

Awful interview by the way.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
That is an awful look.

So is saying this is the same as saying "shut up and dribble."
He told someone who was standing up for human rights to shut up and just do his job, because standing with those people threatens his money. And you're a hypocrite if you think it's any different. The people who said that to Lebron can get fucked. And he can get fucked for doing it to someone else.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Wow Silver with the comeback which is true.

Really is insane to believe that Bron got up and threw Morey under the bus and wanted him to get punished. Like wow, hurting his pockets might be the worse thing you can do to Lebron even when it's for the right reasons.

Oh and I don't think people telling Lebron to shut up and dribble are racist. Think people are saying it because Lebron is essentially a hypocrite. He took offense to it which he should've when he was told that but here he wants Morey punished and would've preferred he not had tweeted that at all.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The situation put things on a tee for LeBron to become a civil rights icon by defying China but he'd rather stack a little more paper. Worse still are the reports of him pushing for Morey to be punished. The complete opposite of how everything should have been handled. Dude is lost.

Mar 3, 2019
Some top notch trolling going on in here by Lebron stans by trying to paint people as racist for criticizing Lebron for supporting and spouting CCP party line at the expense of Hong Kong. People have been draggin Kerr and Popovich just as much as him, they just aren't as popular so you dont hear as much about it. Just take the L and recognize that he has to do better. Hes not a monster but this is a really bad look and he needs to learn from it and grow from it, though I doubt it since its all about money to him on this issue.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
The article says someone lost a million dollar contact on that trip. Morey should have To pay him though.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
FUUUUUUCK LEBRON! Don't you have enough money already not to have to worry about your fucking jersey sales in China??

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some top notch trolling going on in here by Lebron stans by trying to paint people as racist for criticizing Lebron for supporting and spouting CCP party line at the expense of Hong Kong. People have been draggin Kerr and Popovich just as much as him, they just aren't as popular so you dont hear as much about it. Just take the L and recognize that he has to do better. Hes not a monster but this is a really bad look and he needs to learn from it and grow from it, though I doubt it since its all about money to him on this issue.

When defending the indefensible the only option is to throw out accusations.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Again this is a bad comparison. Kaep was struggling, I agree he'd still have a job if he didn't do it and he's infinitely more talented than a lot of the trash in the league, but the point is he wasn't Lebron. Lebron wasn't going to lose his job because he's the face of the league, Morey won't lose his job because he's considered by far the best GM in the business and a major reason the rockets have been as successful as they have.

It's been proven that it's a matter of talent vs. controversy in the past. Ray Rice was basically washed up so when he got in trouble he was blackballed. Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson, however, got another chance. Point being if teams think the positive (winning = money), outweighs the negative (PR, noise) then they will sign them. If Lebron had tweeted this out, he'd be 100% fine.

Proof that this is about money and not the content is what's been pointed out, Enes Kanter has mostly received praise for making noise about the Turkish government. The reason that hasn't sparked an issue like this is the sheer amount of money China is pumping into the NBA and surrounding deals.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe Lebron told the fucking commissioner to punish a GM. I mean there is ego and then there is this. Holy shit.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Lebron is so determined to shill for China I'm starting to think it's more than just money and that the ccp has dirt on him.