• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
So a channel called The Serfs were a left leaning channel that talked about how various channels on Youtube that influence people to be on the alt-right. They made a video how Joe Rogan is influential to be a gateway to the alt-right with having hosts such as Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro, and most famously made a video about Pewdiepie and his history of racist actions.

It seems that trolls made false claims and now his original youtube channel has been removed. Now he is reposting his older videos on a newer channel.

This is insane, here he is talking about how that possibly happened.

Edit: I submitted the thread by mistake without finishing the thread. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
How is it removed if I'm able to see your linked videos?

Edit: So it was essentially erased, and they're reuploading videos on a new account.

They reached 7k subs recently. I hope they get an adequate answer from Youtube. This will certainly give them greater viability.

The suspended account was at http://www.youtube.com/theserfstv

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 50949

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
I submitted the thread by mistake without finishing my thread, my bad. I have posted a link how the original channel has been removed and how he is reposting his old videos.

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
I literally subbed to them over the weekend. They had some really good content too. Of course google is cool hosting alt right supremacists but the real danger is the left...

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan is not a good dude. He platforms a lot of awful people and has a few eyebrow-raising views himself. "Gateway to the alt right" is a great way to describe him, and I'm alarmed by how even some of my more left-leaning friends are fans of his.

A real shame that a channel calling out people like him and even worse people like PewDiePie got taken down by the hate mob. YouTube really needs to get their act together with regard to content policing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 50949

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
A real shame that a channel calling out like him and even worse people like PewDiePie got taken down by the hate mob. YouTube really needs to get their act together with regard to content policing.
These channels are making a lot of money for Youtube. Unless it somehow hurts their revenue, they will continue to allow these channels for how many views they get.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
These channels are making a lot of money for Youtube. Unless it somehow hurts their revenue, they will continue to allow these channels for how many views they get.
I have to believe that something will force their hand eventually. I thought it would be PewDiePie literally inspiring a mass shooting, but disgustingly, even that wasn't enough. Maybe it will be the "regulation" Zuckerberg is now calling for...

OP
OP

Deleted member 50949

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
It's kinda depressing that a lot of big progressive youtubers haven't talked about it or even mention it yet. Kinda wish they would shed light on this issue.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda depressing that a lot of big progressive youtubers haven't talked about it or even mention it yet. Kinda wish they would shed light on this issue.
A number of them are on Twitter, I found out about this earlier from Peter Coffin, and I've also seen Emerican Johnson, Thought Slime and HBomb either tweeting or retweeting about it. Good to see Emerican did a stream about it.

It's not really shocking unfortunately, hopefully they're able to get this overturned. On a brighter note I wasn't aware of them at all before this, so I'm subscribed to their new channel now. Hopefully they get a nice influx of new folk though this. Same thing happened not that long about with Big Joel and one of his videos.

OP
OP

Deleted member 50949

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
A number of them are on Twitter, I found out about this earlier from Peter Coffin, and I've also seen Emerican Johnson, Thought Slime and HBomb either tweeting or retweeting about it. Good to see Emerican did a stream about it.

It's not really shocking unfortunately, hopefully they're able to get this overturned. On a brighter note I wasn't aware of them at all before this, so I'm subscribed to their new channel now. Hopefully they get a nice influx of new folk though this. Same thing happened not that long about with Big Joel and one of his videos.
Yeah, if they can't get back the older channel, then hopefully the newer channel will make people more aware of it. It's nice that people like peter and thoughtslime are outright calling youtube for an explanation, but I wish channels like Shawn, Philosophy Tube and Contrapoints mention this. I'm just gonna assume it's different time zones but I dunno.

OP
OP

Deleted member 50949

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
What false claims?

Can't they dispute easily or does youtube just ignore?
They talk about the false claims in the first minute of the video, such as "linking to malware websites", "voter suppression content" , "incentivising spam" and other stuff. They called out youtube about this but no response yet.

M-M

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah stuff like this is part of why I've made an active effort to move away from using privately-owned tech platforms for distributing the little content that I make and share publicly. It feels kinda inconvenient to limit myself to using stuff like Mastodon to share my art instead of Twitter but I feel like the alternative fosters my own dependency upon the whims of some rich silicon valley fucks, who(in my personal experience), are so massively influential while being so lacking in perspective that I genuinely worry about them being a danger to democracy.

Like, trying to become a software engineer, seeing how capital-driven tech giants have chosen to deal with competing platforms, user privacy, and now literal fascists, I can't use the stuff anymore. Fuck "convenience", and fuck proprietary software.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It happens to few leftist videos before that some of the left uoutubers would make mirrors