• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurona

Apr 12, 2018
weird how we always blame the people who voted for bernie instead of the 62 million who voted for trump, huh

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know where else to put this, but Chelsea Manning tweeted a pic of her on a ledge saying "I'm sorry". The tweet has been deleted and there is another tweet saying she's sorry. I'm glad she's okay.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking fantastic. Just discovered this channel, but it seems pretty great.

Good video, really good at delivery and keeping a good pace all without lame jokes in between (ala John Oliver).

After watching this, a channel called Red Pill Media popped up on my suggested feed, it's pretty much repackaging videos of Bill Burr into anti-feminism videos.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny with the real talk lmao

clPJOju.png

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an easy way to argue that Dave Rubin and Sargon are not centrist? I feel like people buy into their shtick so easily.

Deleted member 22354

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tbh, Shaun is bit too late on that one. I used to think TLJ was alright but I eventually caved in. I found his defence rather weak

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I loved TLJ and agree it's the best since TESB, but I think he should have focused on why he thought it was great instead of talking about the complaints. I think there's a lot of interesting commentary about the current generations he could have addressed.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to argue that Dave Rubin and Sargon are not centrist? I feel like people buy into their shtick so easily.

Ask them what subjects do they complain and criticize about on the Right that they spend a similar amount of time bitching about SJWs and feminism.

Be warned though, in my experience, "centrist" and "liberal" fans of these two are somehow even dumber and more infuriating to argue with than straight up conservative Trump fans.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017

Video by T1J on Sam Harris, really good and fair breakdown of Sam's viewpoints on Islam and other stuff. I dont think Sam is some raging Islamaphobe who hates Muslims like say Tommy Robinson but is defiently ignorant and not informed as he thinks he is on the subject. This combined with his persuction complex makes him double down and not be able to introspect on the issue properly.

Deleted member 22354

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Don't be fooled by the channels name unless it's controlled opposition

I guess going from below ethopia level to one of the best living conditions in the world in a few decades has a few drawbacks. Maybe what I am saying ends kinda justify the means, but that doesn't mean you can't make any adjustmens now.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These are almost all good, then there's the bit about tariffs. Not really sure if you can equate or lump in advocating tariffs with being a racist...

Yeah that bit about tariffs jumped out at me too. I understand not wanting to argue with people who are racist/sexist/homophobic or believe right-wing conspiracy theories, but... tariffs make you that angry?

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
What have you found annoying?

Becoming more of a brand, I guess? I unfollowed her on Twitter for counting how many subs she had. I'm glad for her and everything but I just hate that shit. I still enjoy her videos on social / economic issues, but most of her satire is lost on me. I'm old.

Oct 25, 2017
Becoming more of a brand, I guess? I unfollowed her on Twitter for counting how many subs she had. I'm glad for her and everything but I just hate that shit. I still enjoy her videos on social / economic issues, but most of her satire is lost on me. I'm old.
Are you referring to the couple of tweets and the celebratory livestream she did after hitting a major milestone that she's worked hard to get for over a year?

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017

unfollowing someone for acknowledhong a 100,000 subscriber milestone on their social media is somehow not the weirdest thing ive read on this website

Loona

Oct 29, 2017

Don't be fooled by the channels name unless it's controlled opposition

Thanks for the clarification, I've been weary of the kind of stuff that YT has been suggesting to me, especially after checking some stuff suggested here.

It's a weird, but understandable tendency - many of the folks making these videos end up responding to folks I wouldn't have ever heard about if it were for them, and I guess the way they tag their videos signals YT to suggest the "originals" to me.

i guess it's past of why I like the likes of Philosophy Tube - it sticks to a topic or countering an angument without bothering to respond to and accidentally(?) advertising the existence of some people.
CGP Grey makes a good case for the problems with this "response culture", on how conflicts cooperate more than drive the conflicting parts away from each other:

It doesn't help some folks present in a pretty obnoxious way, which helps promote their personal brand both through the people that agree with them and with those that most certainly don't and whom they antagonize - that might end up as a net negative, I'm afraid...