• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the clarification, I've been weary of the kind of stuff that YT has been suggesting to me, especially after checking some stuff suggested here.

It's a weird, but understandable tendency - many of the folks making these videos end up responding to folks I wouldn't have ever heard about if it were for them, and I guess the way they tag their videos signals YT to suggest the "originals" to me.
I'm developing the habit of checking a channels other videos to see where they stand on other issues before I watch a video of some seemingly outrageous subject. Then I dislike the video and tell YT that I'm not interested in the hope that the bad videos don't get recommended to me.

I watched this video yesterday about cyberfascism and how the Internet is making us a bit more fascistic. One of the solutions the guy puts forward is that we should be able to select what algorithm recommends videos to us. For instance, if you want, you could select an algorithm that would recommend you videos that would go against your views if you want or an algorithm that provides a mixed view.

CGP Grey makes a good case for the problems with this "response culture", on how conflicts cooperate more than drive the conflicting parts away from each other:

It doesn't help some folks present in a pretty obnoxious way, which helps promote their personal brand both through the people that agree with them and with those that most certainly don't and whom they antagonize - that might end up as a net negative, I'm afraid...

I think this video shows how the marketplace of ideas is bullshit. Truth doesn't get spread no where near as fast or as wide as things that makes us outraged. Ideas aren't won in validity.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ that's a good one.
Here's a new one from David Pakman. Just an analysis of Candace Owens' talk with Joe Rogan, but I like it.

Veggen

Oct 25, 2017
Although left-adjacent, anyone raised by or been in a relationship with a narcissist should watch this video.

Obviously describes Trump, but also includes description for the behavior and tactics his enablers and flying monkeys use.

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Marvel can't hold a candle to this cinematic universe. I wonder who the lucky person was?

I also found this new-ish leftist Youtuber who talks about the flaws of capitalism, toxic masculinity, and other social issues. This video was really heartfelt and is something that most guys should watch:

XenIneX

Oct 28, 2017

Aww!

(Not just crossover appeal, look at what Lindsay's wearing)

I'm going to be real. I can't name all of those people. Anyone know who all of them are?

Left to right, top to bottom (on a bit of a slant)... [who is // what as]

[Dan Olson // Folding Ideas] [Jamie Maurer // Rantasmo] [Todd Nathanson // Todd in the Shadows] [Natalie Wynn Parrot // ContraPoints] [Harris Brewis // Hbomberguy] [Kyle Kallgren // Brows Held High]

[Jenny Nicholson // (herself)] [more Todd in the Shadows] [Lindsay Ellis // (herself)] [Elisa Hansen // Maven of the Eventide]

[Antonella "Nella" Inserra // (Lindsay Ellis' Co-Conspirator)] [Mikey Neumann // FilmJoy] [Angelina M // (Linday Ellis Co-Writer)]

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmmmmm.....

...At the very best an attempt was made to debunk Three Arrows? I think. This guy...We gotta new contender with Sargon for Hot Takes. Yikes!

I'm watching it again now, but so far my favorite part is about 8 mins in, when he assumes because Three Arrows talks about a conspiracy, he's a hypocrite for implying that Skeptics and Nazis are allied. Something that he in no way does.

You gotta have some motivated reasoning for that take away my dude.

EDIT: Though the whole thing can be frustrating, the part where he confirms at Cultural Marxism is effecting the West, because there are more left leaning professors than ever in colleges, demonstrates a massive misunderstanding of statistics. There is no proof that a professors political views effect his students. At most it is a minor influence. Yet this is the cornerstone of his proof that cultural Marxism is a real life conspiracy in action.

Last edited:

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ I watched the full clip about government regulations. It's infuriating how fucking stupid Rubin is on this stuff. Someone needs to sit him down, look him in the eyes, and say, "Dave. DAVE. It's okay to not know about things; just shut the fuck up about things you don't know about, okay bro?"

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of (usually rich) city people keep a couple chickens these days, if they have a good spot on their property for it. Farmers, obviously, can have a lot more. They can be an endless supply of fresh eggs. :)

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Boogie, maybe the death in Charllottesville are the fault of Nazis, the Alt-Right and not some random feminist. I would actually argue you constantly downplaying the shittiness of people who you are friends with(Sargon) has made their ideas seem more acceptable than they are. Leading to people like JonTron hanging around with them, then getting radicalized and hopping on a stream to talk about white genocide, the gene pool, the problem with the blacks and spouting /pol talking points.

Oct 25, 2017
So Boogie just essentially blamed Anita on Ethan's podcast for the killing of Heather Heyer at Charlottesville.

https://youtu.be/T-azOuTN3Ps?t=713

200w.gif

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fucking hell, boogie is really going for that faux centrist bullshit even harder isn't he.

I knew that with him losing weight that he would start gaining confidence and become an even bigger piece of shit, emboldened into going to new platforms to spout his bullshit.

Can't believe how much I respected and was inspired by him at one point but the defence of Jon tron was the last straw and he has only gone even further down the rabbit hole since then.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Boogie's been a shitheel since at least 2014 when he got banned from Gaf over his support of GamerGate

Nov 2, 2017
Den Haag, Netherlands
Fucking hell, boogie is really going for that faux centrist bullshit even harder isn't he.

I knew that with him losing weight that he would start gaining confidence and become an even bigger piece of shit, emboldened into going to new platforms to spout his bullshit.

Can't believe how much I respected and was inspired by him at one point but the defence of Jon tron was the last straw and he has only gone even further down the rabbit hole since then.
Take a look at his appearance on the H3H3 podcast talking about Anita Sarkeesian! Amazing how you can just gloss over years and years of harassment and death threats because...video games.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Take a look at his appearance on the H3H3 podcast talking about Anita Sarkeesian! Amazing how you can just gloss over years and years of harassment and death threats because...video games.
The fact he essentially blamed the murder in charlottesville on people opposing fascism and discrimination is mind boggling.

He is only gonna get worse too...

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the center if you blame "Antifa" for protesting too hard against Neo-Nazis, baiting them into murdering. Lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Boogie threads aren't really productive, everyone on ERA pretty much already knows he's a waste of space

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Person A: "Black people aren't human, more like apes."
Person B: "Black people are... well people, not better or worse, what you are saying is racist."
(Enter Boogie, the enlightened radical centrist who has sat on the fence so long, he has become the fence)
Boogie: "hey hey Person B, you shouldn't be throwing around the R word, it will just make Person A more radical."
Person A: "Hey boogie, thanks, these SJWs are out of control, calling everything racist."
Boogie: "Person A thanks, just so you know I think you are wrong but we can agree to disagree."
Person B: "WTF Boogie you kinda supporting the Nazi."
Boogie: "Wow, you're kinda being a dick, why can't you be reasonable like Person A, just agree to disagree about the Blacks and not use the R word or the N word so you dont make PersonA do something bad."

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Person A: "Black people aren't human, more like apes."
Person B: "Black people are... well people, not better or worse, what you are saying is racist."
(Enter Boogie, the enlightened radical centrist who has sat on the fence so long, he has become the fence)
Boogie: "hey hey Person B, you shouldn't be throwing around the R word, it will just make Person A more radical."
Person A: "Hey boogie, thanks, these SJWs are out of control, calling everything racist."
Boogie: "Person A thanks, just so you know I think you are wrong but we can agree to disagree."
Person B: "WTF Boogie you kinda supporting the Nazi."
Boogie: "Wow, you're kinda being a dick, why can't you be reasonable like Person A, just agree to disagree about the Blacks and not use the R word or the N word so you dont make PersonA do something bad."
Fuck. Replace Boogie with forum mods/admins (NOT HERE! Other sites I lurk on) and that shit is way too real.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
He's the type of person who came out of the newest Avengers movie thinking Thanos made a good point.

I go back and forth between pitying him and despising him. For all his sanctimonious glibness, he really is the most defeated individual on Youtube I have ever seen. For Anita Sarkeesian to sit next to him on a stage is a victory in of itself. She doesn't even need to look at him or say a word to him. Just that visual comparison alone tells you what you need to know.

Last edited:

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know this thread is about leftist youtubers, but if anyone has a Sirius/XM account, they should check out Michelangelo Signorile on Sirius Left 127. That guy has no fucks to give when calling out deplorables on his show. I also enjoy Randi Rhodes on her podcast stream on Youtube. I got into her back during the Air America days. It's where Rachel Maddow got her start on a national platform, and put Marc Maron on my pop culture radar. Honestly, I'm not even sure if Youtube is even worth the investment for progressives. Most of the alt-right Youtubers are a bunch of losers anyway. None of the mainstream conservative personalities actually respect these bottom feeders.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The fact he essentially blamed the murder in charlottesville on people opposing fascism and discrimination is mind boggling.

He is only gonna get worse too...

Amazing. I remember hearing that she sat down with him and consoled him at last years Vidcon after he had a hissyfit when she criticised what he said to close the panel. What a piece of shit.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Here's another good one.

He says Anita is too combative about her argument, and he uses a weird comparison using gay marriage, saying it should have been made legal 10 or 20 years later, to give people the time to get used to it so they don't get riled up and go kill gays.

https://youtu.be/T-azOuTN3Ps?t=388

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Here's another good one.

He says Anita is too combative about her argument, and he uses a weird comparison using gay marriage, saying it should have been made legal 10 or 20 years later, to give people the time to get used to it so they don't get riled up and go kill gays.

He would've said the same thing about miscegenation. Most Americans just started being alright with that twenty years ago. This is the white moderate MLK was talking about. Dude is fucking stupid.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, I gave Boogie a little bit of a benefit of the doubt that his relentless moronic centrism was born out of pandering to his audience (like Ethan usually is doing). But that stuff cements he's really just a fucking moron. People were right to dismiss you Boogie, you're full of hot air and you never actually say anything.

Veggen

Oct 25, 2017
Here's another good one.

He's using the gay panic defence fused with the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. No wonder he wants gay marriage to have been made legal 20 years later, he's stuck with rhetoric from 20 years in the past.

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
I have a few suggestions for the OP, I apologize if they've been mentioned already (I've read back a bit and read the OP but not all 50 pages).

Democracy at Work
the home of Richard Wolff's videos mostly, who does informative 30 minute blocks on economic issues of the day in an engaging, news-style format. This has to have been suggested already?

ForeverJameses
Only a couple videos so far, but worth keeping an eye on. His deepdive on Charles Murray is fantastic.

The Intercept
The official YT page of the Intercept, the leftist news site.

Zero Books
A lot of interviews and philosophical musings from Douglas Lane. Zero Books is also a pretty prolific leftist publishing outfit.

Garmonbozia

Oct 27, 2017
So Boogie just essentially blamed Anita on Ethan's podcast for the killing of Heather Heyer at Charlottesville.

https://youtu.be/T-azOuTN3Ps?t=713
WOW

I always thought that boogie stuck to his centrist schtick because he was afraid of losing views/money or something like that.

This cements that he's either an intensely mediocre moderate with the political education of a molerat or he's a timid right-winger.

Gio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manila
EDIT: Dun goofed and thought Richard Wolff was Robert Reich, lol. I'm sorry about that.

I have a few suggestions for the OP, I apologize if they've been mentioned already (I've read back a bit and read the OP but not all 50 pages).

Democracy at Work
the home of Richard Wolff's videos mostly, who does informative 30 minute blocks on economic issues of the day in an engaging, news-style format. This has to have been suggested already?
Richard Wolff is a nice man with valuable insight, but he's also frustratingly centrist. His Saving Capitalism documentary is a lot of both sides crap tied neatly with a bow. And also, let's not save capitalism lol.

Last edited: