• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
UGH!!!! I was trying to make my own video, but man is it hard to even get started. I essentially wanted to make a video on how leftists should use video games to attempt to broaden their appeal/horizon, in much the same way that the right use video games as a way to gain entry into many "gamers" emotions/interests. However, I have a really hard time formulating what I want to say and what I should use for visual appeal to accompany my clip. I guess I am going to have to write a script and come up with specific aids or something.

Sounds like an interesting and worthwhile premise, especially since such a large amount of previously apolitical gamers were co-opted by the right.
And yeah, I feel like at the start having a written script would be very beneficial.

Would definitely be cool to see the video if you decide to share it here, and again good luck!

Oct 26, 2017

The many transformations of Dave Rubin.

Also the fact that he doesn't understand the realities of late-stage abortion as it's practiced irl is not surprising considering it's fucking Dave Rubin.

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Well, I'm not very happy with the outcome, but here is my first attempt at doing one of these.

Hey, nice crack at a political type video.
I feel like most of the political YouTube folks weren't satisfied with their earliest videos but just persisted until they found their groove.

Regarding the video, yeah it's pretty awful that one of the largest forms of entertainment media (I believe it has surpassed Hollywood) is so toxic in its community, its influencers and its culture.
It's going to be really difficult to change the negative political stigma for gaming, but I'd like to think it is possible.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Just found this thread, it's great

(and will distract me from ranting at liberals in the UK Politics thread)

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently there's some leftist infighting brewing against Peter Coffin for defending someone named Angie Speaks and being a rape apologist or something? Anyone want to elaborate what's going on?

Feb 9, 2019
Nice to find this community, I've got a few videos of my own but they aren't nearly as good as any of the bigger YouTube leftists, I might post them at some point

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently there's some leftist infighting brewing against Peter Coffin for defending someone named Angie Speaks and being a rape apologist or something? Anyone want to elaborate what's going on?
NonCompete put up a video of a stream with angie and others(including peter later on) where they talk about this. I hadn't heard about this before now myself, but apparently its a huge mess that started years ago for peter(the rape apologist stuff) and has now been brought back up with a huge target on angie(been harassed, hacked and now someone is claiming she is a rapist? because she didn't cancel peter) for some reason probably unrelated to her being a black woman instead of a white male like peter. Check out the the comment replies by someone named 'Generic Name'(not joking) they seem to have a much ebtter idea of what is going on then i do(though they also claim not to be an expert of this either).

Feb 9, 2019
Hey, I've decided to make a channel in the vein of these channels. Where I try to talk about science and leftism through storytelling, and narrative structure.

My background is in biology and writing, I know more about those two than politics but it's impossible to talk about meaningful action about climate change without discussing politics and what got us into this situation in the first place.

That's what got me into leftist politics and why I frame most of my videos around those ideas.

I'm making videos because I feel like I have a voice that isn't often heard on YouTube. I'm queer, which gives me a unique perspective and for someone with a science degree I don't like numbers and literature that much.

I think that storytelling with a few numbers is much more my style than other leftist YouTubers who can be wonks over numbers.

I'm currently working on videos about bias in science both historically and in the modern day as one of my pet peeves is seeing science as just a vessel of logic removed from societies biases.

I've made a video on why flat earthers aren't dumb, how narrative matters more than facts and logic: https://youtu.be/0zVZ6Iue_90

When phrenology was used to argue to free slaves, and society biasing science: https://youtu.be/rA2RatIOJUk

I'm planning a follow up to that where I discuss current day issues around trans people's basic human rights, becoming a fun topic of debate. (This is taking a while because I keep writing paragraphs where I get too mad at Ben Shapiro.)

I've also got a series called process, where I discuss mental health in a relaxed honest way: https://youtu.be/ftxePxPwHXg while not explicitly queer at the moment I do plan to touch on those issues in the future.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017

Glad to see Emerican Johnson, Luna and Katrin (from Graz, Austria) talk about a country I know quite well.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I've decided to make a channel in the vein of these channels. Where I try to talk about science and leftism through storytelling, and narrative structure.

My background is in biology and writing, I know more about those two than politics but it's impossible to talk about meaningful action about climate change without discussing politics and what got us into this situation in the first place.

That's what got me into leftist politics and why I frame most of my videos around those ideas.

I'm making videos because I feel like I have a voice that isn't often heard on YouTube. I'm queer, which gives me a unique perspective and for someone with a science degree I don't like numbers and literature that much.

I think that storytelling with a few numbers is much more my style than other leftist YouTubers who can be wonks over numbers.

I'm currently working on videos about bias in science both historically and in the modern day as one of my pet peeves is seeing science as just a vessel of logic removed from societies biases.

I've made a video on why flat earthers aren't dumb, how narrative matters more than facts and logic: https://youtu.be/0zVZ6Iue_90

When phrenology was used to argue to free slaves, and society biasing science: https://youtu.be/rA2RatIOJUk

I'm planning a follow up to that where I discuss current day issues around trans people's basic human rights, becoming a fun topic of debate. (This is taking a while because I keep writing paragraphs where I get too mad at Ben Shapiro.)

I've also got a series called process, where I discuss mental health in a relaxed honest way: https://youtu.be/ftxePxPwHXg while not explicitly queer at the moment I do plan to touch on those issues in the future.
Your voice is very soothing.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't seen that clip of Peterson and Rubin before. Why am I not surprised they hate an organisation that calls out extremists? "The worst", "that hateful organisation". Fucking hell.

Oct 26, 2017
Should have expected. It's astonishing that Peterson is just getting grosser and grosser all the time. I have no doubt he'll supplant Alex Jones as a damn evangelist for the worst of the worst
I mean he already kind of is. The way he talks about "cultural marxism" is just as crazy and hyperbolic as Jones and his rantings about "gay frogs". Peterson just isn't as manic and loud as Jones.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
Jordan Peterson sure loves to talk about things he doesn't have a clue about (see: JP's talks about Hitler and Nazi Germany) as much as Dave Rubin does. I guess that's what links those two.

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan Peterson sure loves to talk about things he doesn't have a clue about (see: JP's talks about Hitler and Nazi Germany) as much as Dave Rubin does. I guess that's what links those two.

Jordan Peterson is the uncle that shoots the shit with you over drinks after Thanksgiving dinner* who has an opinion on virtually every subject who has suddenly become famous and now has thousands people actually paying attention to his inane rants.

*He did not drink this thanksgiving though because he only eats red meat and drinks water

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
Jordan Peterson is the uncle that shoots the shit with you over drinks after Thanksgiving dinner* who has an opinion on virtually every subject who has suddenly become famous and now has thousands people actually paying attention to his inane rants.

*He did not drink this thanksgiving though because he only eats red meat and drinks water
What's that diet thing about? Does he do that to protest against Veganism?

Oct 27, 2017
Someone hooked up with Jordan Peterson?!

One of the reasons Jordan Peterson is doing what he is doing now is because his wife had a dream and he thinks his wife's dreams are prophetic:

"You don't understand. I am willing to lose everything, my home, my job etc., because I believe in this." And then he said, with the intensity he is now famous for, "Bernie. Tammy had a dream, and sometimes her dreams are prophetic. She dreamed that it was five minutes to midnight."

Read this article, it's terrifying - https://www.thestar.com/opinion/201...gest-supporter-now-i-think-hes-dangerous.html

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
JP has a conscience (and no, I don't have sources on that, only assumptions based on how we all seem to have a conscience) but it doesn't suffice in really changing his ways when he got all that reach now as an international influencer both as an author and as someone that gets invited for podium discussions, someone put on a pedestal and supported by so many, even including other big talking heads of the so-called "Intellectual Dark Web".

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
Good video but with all the teasing for a Night In The Woods analysis video I get more and more frustrated that all he puts out are things that are not that. :p

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like some people are still pissy about Anita years after and reportbombed Big Jowls vid. Donoteat put a mirror up.

[EDIT]
Another one, from Peter Coffin:

Last edited:

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This spoils all of The Good Place so you should watch it before, but if you don't care about spoilers, watch this to find out why The Good Place is great

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find it now so I'm hoping someone here knows what I'm talking about...
In my YouTube recommendations recently there was a video I wanted to watch but didn't click on or save for later or anything like that. It was something like "the problems with Real Fans" or "True Fans" or something along those lines. I'm fairly certain the video was new, too. No more than a few weeks old...
I also saw it on Twitter, recommended by one of the LeftTubers... but again... I don't remember who, and I didn't think to bookmark it for later.

Anyone know which video I'm talking about? Probably a needle in a haystack scenario here, but thought I'd try...

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
And here I thought 10 minutes after the vid gets published there won't be anyone who posts it before me. :-)

Man, does this ever speak to me. I am a gay man who grew up in the south, dealing with a tremendous amount of bigotry and in some cases, direct threats on my person. In my time on the internet in dealing with "progressive" communities I have increasingly felt as if I'm taking crazy pills or something. At times it feels like /nothing/ can ever be acceptable for promoting progressive ideas.

It has impacted me personally in that for years I considered several ideas I had for comics, both as a writer and an illustrator, that would have examined issues for marginalized people. But I've always shied away from moving forward because it's just depressing and discouraging to imagine being attacked every day by the people on "your side".

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
The new Contrapoints video is amazing. She briefly mentions a certain mood that I can sense on ERA too, it would be wise to take that advice seriously :P