• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 3 days, 5 hours, 51 minutes, 27 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Leftist Youtube |OT| We Virtue Signal

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017

Oh wow, didn't know about the original video. That larger fragment at the end is really something.
Alternative title: JOHN LENNON OWNS BEN SHAPIRO FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

thepotatoman

Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It really is incredible how whinny anarco-capitalists can be. They advocate for a survival of the fittest hellworld while being the weakest people imaginable.

muteKi

Oct 22, 2018
a sunken pirate ship
God, this Big Joel video about the Christmas Shoes movie is very good, and makes me think that all this time I should be enjoying it and calling it A Very Hegelian Christmas

saenima

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry for spamming the thread with Sam Seder clips but this is one of the funniest calls they've ever had.
This is hilarious. Seder broke his mind with a simple question.

Edit: so i went down this Seder-libertarians rabbit hole. It's something. I find it painful to listen to some of these people, or just understand how some of their minds even work. It's like a whole ideology based on making everything more complicated and unworkable based solely on selfish entitlement and a refusal on understanding the fundamental principles of how people and societies work.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
RWBY is an odd subject: On one hand, the writing isn't very good (it has its moments though) and it completely botched its racism allegory in the form of the Faunus. On the other hand, the show genuinely gets better every season and Miles/Kerry are really receptive to feedback.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Hbomb tearing into RWBY is going to be glorious.
We really need that vaccines one even if it's basically the flat earth video but older. When Americans are becoming health hazards, we have a big problem.

With that said, there's a lot about the unevenness RWBY that needs to be addressed, most of which involves someone that rhymes with 'madam'. And yes I still watch the show.

Spyder_Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We really need that vaccines one even if it's basically the flat earth video but older. When Americans are becoming health hazards, we have a big problem.

With that said, there's a lot about the unevenness RWBY that needs to be addressed, most of which involves someone that rhymes with 'madam'. And yes I still watch the show.
Not that I won't appreciate H.bomberguy's take, but anti-vax debunking videos are fairly common on the internet (and it's not like it'll convince a lot of anti-vaxxers anyway). I think a non-cartoon channel's perspective on RWBY, and especially Rooster Teeth, would be really interesting.

CatDoggo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it kinda feels like there's already a big Youtube industry around hating on RWBY because it has more than enough flaws to endlessly nitpick and that generates easy clicks, I'd much rather have him cover something else than put out yet another two hour 'Here's why RWBY sux' video to add onto the pile.

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
Shaun's vids are great though. Maybe try one of his shorter vids, see if you like his style ?
To be more clear, I already watched the whole thing. It's just impressive/kind of ridiculous how there are Youtube video essayists putting together this level of analysis, and moreso that I'm actually willing to watch it for personal enjoyment.

Last edited:

Kilrogg

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
To be more clear, I already watched the whole thing. It's just impressive/kind of ridiculous how there are Youtube video essayists putting together this level of analysis, and moreso that I'm actually willing to watch it for personal enjoyment.
Ah, gotcha. I can definitely relate: I watched it when he released the first draft on Patreon, and will watch the final version some time this weekend.

Televator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, some of left tube have started trying to boost minority YouTubers in videos but I'm not sure it's working.
It probably doesn’t help that the algorithm is perpetually boosting the same people perhaps based on a most likely probability. I’ve only ever heard of Kat Blaque long before actually seeing one of her vids.

Edit: TBH, I have been hungry for more diverse left content that examines into and from different cultural backgrounds of leftism. I wanna see stuff about the Zapatistas with the same kind of production. On YT, there’s only some sparse low quality vids on it that I’ve found. I think the presence of such content is essential for promoting a full resurgent American left, seeing how America is so diverse.

Last edited: