• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 12, 2018
hbomber's Christmas vid is up for backers.
EE07dccVAAIoGxg.jpg

will release it this December to everyone.
EOanDgMWAAALVcm.jpg

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't know if this is really the greatest place to ask, but can someone explain to me exactly how The Majority Report works as a show? I just started watching some YouTube clips last week and have been really enjoying them, but subscribing to the podcast it seems like it's nothing like the clips I've seen, and mostly just Sam interviewing people. Do you need to be a member to get access to the type of stuff I see posted as clips on YT?

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is really the greatest place to ask, but can someone explain to me exactly how The Majority Report works as a show? I just started watching some YouTube clips last week and have been really enjoying them, but subscribing to the podcast it seems like it's nothing like the clips I've seen, and mostly just Sam interviewing people. Do you need to be a member to get access to the type of stuff I see posted as clips on YT?

From what I understand there's:
- the live show, which is streamed on YouTube and Twitch everyday for free, but I think the "fun half", as they call it, is then hidden behind a paywall. Could be wrong.
- the YouTube clips, taken directly from the live show
- the Ring of Fire podcast, which is hosted by Sam Seder and is not found on YouTube; that must be what you're referring to
- AM Quickie, which is a short podcast that goes through the main headlines for the day. Also not on YouTube, but free on their website.

[EDIT] Also, note that they were off last week, which is why the 'live' show was just interviews with Sam Seder. They should be back today if I'm not mistaken.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I watched the Hbomb Xmas video and it was alright, nothing too revelatory. Basically 50 minutes of "The 'War on Xmas' people are factually wrong, but they know that, it's all a grift."

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Hbomb Xmas video and it was alright, nothing too revelatory. Basically 50 minutes of "The 'War on Xmas' people are factually wrong, but they know that, it's all a grift."

Everytime I read 'War on Christmas', I feel compelled to post this Sam Seder:

Actual clip starts at 2:35. There's a full version of the interview on YouTube as well.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the lighter news segment where Sam and the crew dunk on people is part of "The fun half". You have to subscribe to get full recordings of all episodes that are older than about a day. It is paywalled, but it's not a rigid paywall. If you legitimately cannot afford it, you can email them explaining your situation, and they can offer you some other options.

However, every new episode is streamed in full everyday on YT, and even after the show has ended - the recording remains fully available for free for most of the day.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like there are quite a few leftist youtubers who have fallen out of favor recently.

Who do you all still like?
Shaun, Contra and T1J fantastic. Shaun's "The Bell Curve" video was outstanding and is probably among the most interesting videos I've seen in a while. The Pakman Show and Destiny are fantastic as well if you lean social democratic (by which I mean capitalist). Three Arrows and CuckPhilosophy are good too but they lack uh... stage presence a little bit.

Deleted member 32679

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Shaun, Contra and T1J fantastic. Shaun's "The Bell Curve" video was outstanding and is probably among the most interesting videos I've seen in a while. The Pakman Show and Destiny are fantastic as well if you lean social democratic (by which I mean capitalist). Three Arrows and CuckPhilosophy are good too but they lack uh... stage presence a little bit.
Destiny has many garbage and offensive takes.

Deleted member 32679

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
He's the one who got caught out for having using the N-word and then tried to explain how it was okay even though when talking about and to others on camera before he had made it clear that he knew that it wasn't a cool thing to do right?
Yes. Destiny ran a podcast with Trihex who is black and got in a debacle over Destiny saying the n-word in private. He lost a friend and a podcast over his ability to say the n-word. Keep in mind he's half Cuban and a supposed progressive voice.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Yes. Destiny ran a podcast with Trihex who is black and got in a debacle over Destiny saying the n-word in private. He lost a friend and a podcast over his ability to say the n-word. Keep in mind he's half Cuban and a supposed progressive voice.
I remembered hearing about that and being gobsmacked that the guy still has fans. Like that should absolutely be the sort of shit that sinks a dude trying to portray himself as a progressive

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Stanning for Contrapoints and Destiny here after all that's happened is...something 🤷🏾‍♂️

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shaun, Contra and T1J fantastic. Shaun's "The Bell Curve
ytma!▶The Bell Curve (2:39:46)I would like to never hear about The Bell Curve ever again. Contact: https://twitter.com/shaun_vids https://www.patreon.com/shau . . .
" video was outstanding and is probably among the most interesting videos I've seen in a while. The Pakman Show and Destiny are fantastic as well if you lean social democratic (by which I mean capitalist). Three Arrows and CuckPhilosophy are good too but they lack uh... stage presence a little bit.

David Pakman has some pretty bad takes when it comes to international politics. Infamously, he refuses to acknowledge that the military coup against Evo Morales in Bolivia was, in fact, a military coup. At best, he's a small fry version of the people he gravitates around and tries to imitate, like Sam Seder and Michael Brooks - who are actually good.

I mean as much as I wish it wasn't the case, neither are the most prominent of breadtube. But yeah, dude is definitely no leftist and is an ass

If you're talking about literally the three or four most prominent breadtubers - i.e. Contrapoints, Lindsay Ellis, PhilosophyTube and maybe Hbomberguy -, you're probably right. It should be noted that they're also the ones who are reluctant to outright talk about politics aside from tackling basic social justice stuff (e.g. gender, race...), the alt-right and antifa. They shy away from claiming any specific political allegiance, or talking about politicians. At best, they'll dunk on goons like Ben Shapiro, the IDW and Sargon of Akkad. They still see themselves as mostly entertainers who want to have fairly broad appeal without falling into pure clickbait, pandering, or alt-right grifts.

If you think of them as the 'top tier' (in terms of popularity and name recognition), I find it interesting that the 'tier' right below them seems to be mostly comprised of pretty obviously very left-leaning people: Renegade Cut, Shaun, Three Arrows, ThoughtSlime, NonCompete, Peter Coffin (as much as he annoys the fuck out of me), Jack Saint... Same with relative newcomers like BadEmpanada and Gutian.

Some of them have literally expressed on Twitter and/or their videos that they're to the left of Bernie Sanders or even Jeremy Corbin. I'm pretty sure most of them are based on their content. Some of them are outright anarcho-communists.

So yeah, the main figureheads of leftist YouTube are, ironically enough, not lefists. They are/used to be good gateways to leftism. They certainly were for me. I would never have known about Shaun or ThoughtSlime before theme. But I'm kinda meh on them now, especially Contra who keeps putting her foot in her mouth.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017

Apparently they are still friends saw a clip a while back.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about literally the three or four most prominent breadtubers - i.e. Contrapoints, Lindsay Ellis, PhilosophyTube and maybe Hbomberguy -, you're probably right. It should be noted that they're also the ones who are reluctant to outright talk about politics aside from tackling basic social justice stuff (e.g. gender, race...), the alt-right and antifa. They shy away from claiming any specific political allegiance, or talking about politicians. At best, they'll dunk on goons like Ben Shapiro, the IDW and Sargon of Akkad. They still see themselves as mostly entertainers who want to have fairly broad appeal without falling into pure clickbait, pandering, or alt-right grifts.
In fact I get a sense that these particular tubers are actually social democrats.

Destiny is flat out a neoliberal.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In fact I get a sense that these particular tubers are actually social democrats.

Destiny is flat out a neoliberal.

Oh, I wasn't even talking about Destiny. Destiny doesn't even register on the left-wing spectrum. He's a self-described capitalist, and has a typical case of, as ThoughtSlime would put, the "liberal mind prison". He just happens to be edgy and less stupid/ignorant than the alt-right grifters, which, in that very specific context, makes him a 'good' debater. But he's a shithead.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Seder has some pretty funny regulars as well. Here's Raygun impersonating FDR around the time Kanavaugh was picked by Trump.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else here know much about PigPuncher who is now going by the name Xanderhal? Found him through the Youtube recommendations and from the few videos I've watched from him so far, he seems fairly okay. His one major flaw seems to be that he has a habit of defending several questionable figures and it's left me feeling a little iffy about him.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Does anyone else here know much about PigPuncher who is now going by the name Xanderhal? Found him through the Youtube recommendations and from the few videos I've watched from him so far, he seems fairly okay. His one major flaw seems to be that he has a habit of defending several questionable figures and it's left me feeling a little iffy about him.

I watched his video about falling into and climbing out of the alt-right trap, and I found the same thing. He seems to be a decent person with the right ideas, but I was surprised at how he adamantly defended people like ChrisRayGun - who, last I heard, was a classic right-wing shitstain - claiming that they were essentially just caught up in anti-SJW meme culture and no longer do that kind of stuff. Is that at all true?

Oct 26, 2017
I watched his video about falling into and climbing out of the alt-right trap, and I found the same thing. He seems to be a decent person with the right ideas, but I was surprised at how he adamantly defended people like ChrisRayGun - who, last I heard, was a classic right-wing shitstain - claiming that they were essentially just caught up in anti-SJW meme culture and no longer do that kind of stuff. Is that at all true?
He's still a shit stain. He just occasionally (by which I mean very few times) now criticizes Trump. Only when it'll negatively effect him.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Have literally only ever seen bad things said about him from the people I follow on twitter, especially those who are LGBT.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have literally only ever seen bad things said about him from the people I follow on twitter, especially those who are LGBT.

What do they say about him exactly? It seems like he's all in for LGBT folk. From what I've seen, he's very supportive of trans people in particular and lays the smack down on TERFs in several of his videos. Admittedly though, that does lead into one of the things that does leave me feeling pretty iffy, that he defends Contrapoints by trying to make it seem like all of the criticism toward her is just in bad faith or trolling.

Oct 26, 2017
What do they say about him exactly? It seems like he's all in for LGBT folk. From what I've seen, he's very supportive of trans people in particular and lays the smack down on TERFs in several of his videos. Admittedly though, that does lead into one of the things that does leave me feeling pretty iffy, that he defends Contrapoints by trying to make it seem like all of the criticism toward her is just in bad faith or trolling.
He's from the Rubin school of "classic liberal" nonsense.

Chris Ray Gun

Christopher Ray Maldonado (December 4, 1993–), more famously known by the moniker Chris Ray Gun, is a Puerto Rican YouTube personality, known for his semi-frequent discussion of political topics. As of December 2020, his YouTube channel has over 643,000 subscribers and 107 million views.[1] He...

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
It's mostly the same sorts of complaints Vaush gets, and apparently he namesearchs himself and picks fights with people who criticise him sometimes

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He's from the Rubin school of "classic liberal" nonsense.

Chris Ray Gun

Christopher Ray Maldonado (December 4, 1993–), more famously known by the moniker Chris Ray Gun, is a Puerto Rican YouTube personality, known for his semi-frequent discussion of political topics. As of December 2020, his YouTube channel has over 643,000 subscribers and 107 million views.[1] He...
I think wires are being crossed, talking about Xanderhal. Chris Ray Gun is openly anti-SJW and anti-LGBT.
CG6sgyp.png