• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Just discovered this youtuber named Sarah Z. She's got some pretty insightful videos:

She's also super cute <3

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
New video from BadMouseProductions
right in time for my Soros check to come in the mail!

Gluka

Oct 25, 2017

I guess it's predictable that Ben Shapiro pulled out of the debate with Matt Bruenig considering Matt has a firm grasp of progressive policy successes and is an experienced debater himself. Back to screaming at freshmen in crowded lecture halls it is.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just discovered this youtuber named Sarah Z. She's got some pretty insightful videos:

She's also super cute <3

Oh yeah I've been watching her stuff too.

That video is definitely a topic most people gloss over but it's pretty damn true. All of this cool Twitter talk is pretty much just making it easy to pull the corporations are people card.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She's also super cute <3

I like the point she makes towards the end of the video where she the more immune you think you are to that kinda advertising the more susceptible you become to it as a result. This applies to a lot of shit

Oct 26, 2017

I guess it's predictable that Ben Shapiro pulled out of the debate with Matt Bruenig considering Matt has a firm grasp of progressive policy successes and is an experienced debater himself. Back to screaming at freshmen in crowded lecture halls it is.

Did you see the Hasan Piker debate against Charlie Kirk at Politicon? Kirk attacked Piker because he dresses well and kept asking how much his salary was. These idiots have no substance to their views and criticisms of others beyond "I don't like them".

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did you see the Hasan Piker debate against Charlie Kirk at Politicon? Kirk attacked Piker because he dresses well and kept asking how much his salary was. These idiots have no substance to their views and criticisms of others beyond "I don't like them".
I watched about the first 15 minutes but had to stop. That Kirk guy just wouldn't let Hasan talk at all, would butt in constantly and go off on big rants and the 'moderator' just sat there like a fucking lemon.

It was the sort of video that Shapiro fans would probably say "Look, look, the lib got destroyed and couldnt argue his way out of a paper bag', all because Hasan wasnt allowed to answer properly and Kirk could spout contradicting or bullshit comments constantly without getting challenged due to again, butting in at the response.

I did however see Kirk get triggered by Cenk shouting out 'how much is your salary?' in response to Kirk asking Hasan that same question. What a snowflake 'How dare you ask the question i just asked someone!'.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017

This is the most hilarious debate I've ever seen. I find it hard to believe the JLP isn't some sort of sleeper agent to make the right look profoundly unintelligent.

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

This is the most hilarious debate I've ever seen. I find it hard to believe the JLP isn't some sort of sleeper agent to make the right look profoundly unintelligent.

Oh my god what the hell.

I like listening to goofy debates while working out, but this one was too much.

Children of the lie

Damn, so are the right trying to disown Lobster Daddy?

Yeah, my coworker says he's trash now.

I think this is the tweet he was talking about

peterson-kavanaugh-tweet.jpg

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017

Ann Coulter also pulled out of her debate with Kyle Kulsinki and then tried to pull the "no one on the left will debate me" card.

I haven't watched any Politicon yet. The whole thing just smacks of a right wing exercise to try and legitimise their shitty views and show they are open to debate. Overt white supremacists like Tomi Lahren have no business being invited to a serious debate.

If Sam Seder treats it like a complete joke, that's enough for me.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... That guy. It's like a real life extended version of Between Two Ferns. Pakman could have been so much more aggressive with the guy, but it's like he realized there was really no point. How does a guy like JLP even have an audience?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Coulter also pulled out of her debate with Kyle Kulsinki and then tried to pull the "no one on the left will debate me" card.

I haven't watched any Politicon yet. The whole thing just smacks of a right wing exercise to try and legitimise their shitty views and show they are open to debate. Overt white supremacists like Tomi Lahren have no business being invited to a serious debate.

If Sam Seder treats it like a complete joke, that's enough for me.
From clips I seen Mythcon is worse

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017

I've watched about five minutes and I've already almost spat out my water in laughter. He's worried about liberal or progressive men because "it's a sign of a beta male." LMAO

Only one person there is actually capable of having this kind of conversation.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow... That guy. It's like a real life extended version of Between Two Ferns. Pakman could have been so much more aggressive with the guy, but it's like he realized there was really no point. How does a guy like JLP even have an audience?
There's a weird market for black reactionaries. Look at Stacy Dash and Candace Owens.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I'm at the point now that half the advertisements served to me are right wing propaganda from PragerU and others. How do I convince Google's analytics that I'm not a white male so they stop shoving this shit in my face? If I hear another goddamn conservative talking head tell me how liberals are all whiny babies making up issues and racism/income inequality/rape just doesn't exist anymore, I'm gonna lose it.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm at the point now that half the advertisements served to me are right wing propaganda from PragerU and others. How do I convince Google's analytics that I'm not a white male so they stop shoving this shit in my face? If I hear another goddamn conservative talking head tell me how liberals are all whiny babies making up issues and racism/income inequality/rape just doesn't exist anymore, I'm gonna lose it.
Yeah, I'm pretty much exclusively getting CRTV ads on Youtube now, it's annoying...

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
If you don't want to go incognito the best way to curve them is to watch a bnch of sport clips, movie trailers and late night show clips. It's worth it if you're okay with watching the same Vodka advertisement and RSR2 trailers.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017

Guy considers himself a deep thinker yet genuinely can't seem to process an answer more nuanced than a yes or no. He's no smarter, more well informed, or charismatic than your average racist fundmentalist grandparent. Yet he has over 150k subscribers. Guess it just goes to show you how desperate conservatives are for actual race traitors? Are bot accounts for Youtube subs a thing?

Here's Fox Business having him on to comment on the KKK endorsing Trump. A guy who says blacks are lazy and racism not only doesn't exist, but has never existed.

Last edited:

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I love Sam. Also the Rubin dig brings me so much joy!

Happy to see this...I think I posted a couple of pages ago that YouTube randomly started recommending videos to me from Crowder and Rubin, which really pissed me off. I wasn't aware of Crowder until that happened (thought he might be a relative of Trae since I watch his videos), so I watched a couple of minutes of one of the "Change My Mind" videos that was recommended, and that told me all I needed to know about the guy. He clearly sets up situations where he debates people who are not effective communicators just to score easy points. I'm sure he probably edits out anyone who has a valid argument as well. I'd love to see Sam take him down in a real debate.

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pakman recently posted a video discussing Peterson and the movement around him.

Oddly enough, Destiny had a post debate discussion with Hasan Piker the night after the Charlie Kirk Politicon debate.

Watching Charlie Kirk explode at the end was pretty great though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wmViVybdzI

I live like a capitalist every single day

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So I posted this in the Channel Awesome thread but figured I'd post this here, too.

So heads up everyone, but "The Weeb Formerly Known as JesuOtaku", former Channel Awesome contributor, is doing Youtube videos again. JesuOtaku was always one of my favorite critics with great insightful reviews and his super deep dive into Trigun was excellent. He exposed me to a lot of anime I consider defining in my taste in anime. Currently operating under the name Weebservations. Maybe give his stuff a look?

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesuOtaku

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So I posted this in the Channel Awesome thread but figured I'd post this here, too.

So heads up everyone, but "The Weeb Formerly Known as JesuOtaku", former Channel Awesome contributor, is doing Youtube videos again. JesuOtaku was always one of my favorite critics with great insightful reviews and his super deep dive into Trigun was excellent. He exposed me to a lot of anime I consider defining in my taste in anime. Currently operating under the name Weebservations. Maybe give his stuff a look?

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesuOtaku

It's been a long while, good to see him back and maybe not able to go back to those long series like on Digimon Tamers but at least critical observations on anime are welcome now that the anime Youtube video essay scene has blown up.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Anyone notice an aggressive push for CRTV lately? Just had an ad which was just a clip of one of their programs talking about how they think the Clintons murdered Anthony Bourdain.

Now I know I watch a lot of gaming content and that puts me squarely in the poor, uneducated, white male demographic conservatives want to target, but this growing trend of conservative propaganda channels throwing millions at YouTube to promote their godawful videos at me is getting seriously irksome. Google needs to get their shit together and stop channels from buying such broad advertisement on YouTube. I've literally never seen a video promoted in this way that wasn't a fucking political smear or scam.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people only hate third wave feminism

But I guess asking for a right to vote is annoying

Oct 26, 2017
Michael Brooks did a good breakdown of how Jimmy Dore isn't the left's equivalent of Fox News.
TL;DW: Fox News helps Republicans win.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
New entry in Innuendo Studios' Alt-Right Playbook:

That's a really good look at the problem.

Maybe I'm over complicating it, but I'm mostly getting caught up in the extreme question of not just norm breaking but self serving corruption. Like those millionaire labor leaders that were a meme 50 years ago but unheard of now that organized labor is dead. It's really distasteful that they say they serve the people while doing plenty of serving themselves, but in the end it was better to have them around than not and people only hurt themselves by turning off of unions for that sort of thing. But also you don't want to just completely ignore corruption.

A Jacobin article, Against Anti-Corruption, has made me think a lot about this, and I still don't have a solid answer.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway

I watched the whole thing. Pakman must be a secret zen monk who've mastered the highest art of patience being able to endure that hour with his sanity still intact.