• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
This new Philosophy Tube video was awesome. Especially the ending. Zoe Blade just rocks with these songs (I'll assume its hers)

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Holy fuck.
Hasan Piker talks about one of the channels that PewDiePie shouted out. The guy is a literal Nazi, full on Jewish Question.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Well this is super disappointing. NeatMike isn't relevant to this thread, being a Rocket League youtuber, but he just put this video out bitching about all the reactionary fucks getting banned from Youtube and claiming solidarity with JonTron. What a gutpunch it is when a youtuber you like turns out to be a massive chud.

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well this is super disappointing. NeatMike isn't relevant to this thread, being a Rocket League youtuber, but he just put this video out bitching about all the reactionary fucks getting banned from Youtube and claiming solidarity with JonTron. What a gutpunch it is when a youtuber you like turns out to be a massive chud.

Sorry yo, it's feels awful when channels that you like show their true colours like this.

Holy fuck.
Hasan Piker talks about one of the channels that PewDiePie shouted out. The guy is a literal Nazi, full on Jewish Question.

Jesus.
On a related note, Hasan's content, since I started watching has been very good. Enjoyed his debates and his interaction other left-YouTube quite a bit.

I also finally started watching the Chapo Trap House podcast this week and damn those folks are pretty entertaining. Should have been listening to them a while ago. Do they have an OT here?

Edit: Youtube also just recently banned Gavin Mcinnes, which is pretty great.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtube-just-banned-proud-boys-founder-gavin-mcinnes.86269/

Last edited:

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017

I don't even know who this is, but at 4:06, he just dances around the Jewish conspiracy dog whistle (i.e. "must be owned by the same people that own everything else")

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Did something else happen with JonTron now?

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Did something else happen with JonTron now?
Not that I know of. JonTron was one of the youtubers Mike focused on as being attacked for simply giving his opinion, man. Then Mike went on to show headlines of InfoWars being banned from all over the place, dogwhistled about Jews, and bitched about whiny snowflakes who get offended too easily. What an asshole. I used to like his Rocket League stuff. Ugh.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Not that I know of. JonTron was one of the youtubers Mike focused on as being attacked for simply giving his opinion, man. Then Mike went on to show headlines of InfoWars being banned from all over the place, dogwhistled about Jews, and bitched about whiny snowflakes who get offended too easily. What an asshole. I used to like his Rocket League stuff. Ugh.

Ah, yeah I know JonTron and all *that*, didn't know if he had stuck his foot in his mouth again.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
From my survey a while back, I would say about half the people here would wholeheartedly agree. Still, there's enough people in this site for a significant amount of people to speak strongly against that video.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's more sad than it is funny. People think Era is far left because it's full of liberals who post "fuck off cheeto man" in every trump thread. The Overton window is so far to the right it's insane.

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've seen countless people on Twitter call this place a communist website, which is never not hilarious. Though, those are probably the same people that unironically think CNN is an extreme left wing news network.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, nothing sucks worse than when someone you've been subscribed to for years starts sloowwwllly leaning into right-wing talking points and hot takes because it always gets clicks from the Youtube crowd. Mr. Enter, if anyone on here even knows who he is, did one of those 'PC CULTURE HAS GONE MAD' videos because Youtube totally needed another one of those to put on the pile. The arguments he makes are just not that great and he even used that garbage 'Battlefield having women in it is historical revisionism and PC culture forced it in!' argument. While there are several good comments that go over a lot of the stuff that's wrong with his video, they are of course all drowned out by the usual Youtube crowd utterly salivating over his take. It's honestly no surprise why Youtubers go in this direction with the kind of audience that's on Youtube.

I gotta admit, this one really stings. I've been watching his stuff from pretty early on and watched him slowly evolve from the whole angry critic shtick to something a bit more nuanced while also persisting despite several relentless harassment campaigns targeted at him. His stuff is very love it or hate it for most people, but I generally enjoyed it as something to put on in the background. He's allowed to have his opinion on things but I personally can't stay subscribed to him now. Knowing how things usually go, I'd rather just cut my losses ahead of time. Pretty much every time someone I was subscribed to started putting up videos like this, they slowly began trending farther and farther right to chase the anti-SJW crowd as time went on. I fully expect him to do the same because that seems to be what always happens.

Last edited:

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
There's no way Jim's not a comrade. At this point I think he just needs to come right out and admit it. He probably wouldn't even lose many viewers - there can't be that many gamer chuds who like to watch him drag their precious games.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, nothing sucks worse than when someone you've been subscribed to for years starts sloowwwllly leaning into right-wing talking points and hot takes because it always gets clicks from the Youtube crowd. Mr. Enter, if anyone on here even knows who he is, did one of those 'PC CULTURE HAS GONE MAD' videos because Youtube totally needed another one of those to put on the pile. The arguments he makes are just not that great and he even used that garbage 'Battlefield having women in it is historical revisionism and PC culture forced it in!' argument. While there are several good comments that go over a lot of the stuff that's wrong with his video, they are of course all drowned out by the usual Youtube crowd utterly salivating over his take. It's honestly no surprise why Youtubers go in this direction with the kind of audience that's on Youtube.

I gotta admit, this one really stings. I've been watching his stuff from pretty early on and watched him slowly evolve from the whole angry critic shtick to something a bit more nuanced while also persisting despite several relentless harassment campaigns targeted at him. His stuff is very love it or hate it for most people, but I generally enjoyed it as something to put on in the background. He's allowed to have his opinion on things but I personally can't stay subscribed to him now. Knowing how things usually go, I'd rather just cut my losses ahead of time. Pretty much every time someone I was subscribed to started putting up videos like this, they slowly began trending farther and farther right to chase the anti-SJW crowd as time went on. I fully expect him to do the same because that seems to be what always happens.

I'm somewhat surprised Enter would go down that route. His deconstruction on Korra was pretty damn insightful and spot on.

On the other hand, there's a general high correlation between youtubers who use stupid avatar personas and reactionary views.

A new video from my communist angel. <3

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm somewhat surprised Enter would go down that route. His deconstruction on Korra was pretty damn insightful and spot on.

On the other hand, there's a general high correlation between youtubers who use stupid avatar personas and reactionary views.

A new video from my communist angel. <3

Well, apparently he wrote about how he thinks college is bad because they censor free speech and 'force people to think in certain ways' so yeah, I'm kinda happy to drop him at this point. Even if the majority of his videos are apolitical, I have no desire to show him any support at this point.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
A creator I actually got recommended by YT (the algorithm worked for once! yay) and didn't find through a YTer promoting them is Eric Taxxon. Found out later that Taxxon made the soundtrack for hbomberguy's CTRL+ALT+DEL video which is quite good as many of you here probably know. There's lots of music, videos discussing copyright and art and I think there might be more political stuff in the future. Eric Taxxon is pretty young still (under 20 years I believe) compared to ContraPoints, hbomberguy or Shaun who are all 25 or older but what is said in the videos, especially the ones discussing Paul Joseph Watson's views on modern art, that was all very valuable and added to my understanding of the right and their disdain of "modern art" and convince me to subscribe to the channel.

Another channel I discovered before I found Taxxon's channel was AngieSpeaks, that was because she also commented sometimes on PhilosphyTube's videos. I believe that I first watched her videos on Dada and Mental Health under Capitalism. She brings something new to the LeftTube scene I feel, she fills the niche of the Left that you often found on tumblr that combine Leftist ideals and Mysticism (which probably got turned off the platform with the nsfw purge and moved on to other platforms I'd assume?). I am a bit skeptical when she says it's mysticism and symbols people of the right still cling the most too and that's why the Left needs to wield them more themselves, but then again I don't know too much about that myself. So I have some of her vids on a Watch Later list that delve more into that sort of stuff until I actually educate myself on the power of symbols.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This is sort of relevant but I'll post about it. Everybody on Twitch knows about
(trihex) the textbook racist emote in many Twitch chats but he's been rediscovering his Political alignment and been more vocal about politics. He's been watching a ton of Destiny debates, they both host a podcast called the DT Podcast (which they're changing the name because they figure the name is kind of dumb), and he's recently had HasanAbi on his stream and just now he has HasanAbi and KyleKulenski on his stream (I'll be honest that I don't know how some of you feel about HasanAbi and KyleKulenski).

I know what some of us think about Destiny after he revealed his real motive on this site, but it's good to see another decently big name on Twitch that denounces the shit from the alt-right. I am going to warn some of you that he has fallen for the both sides rhetoric because he doesn't like how politics sellout to corporates, and he also uses problematic language from time to time. Another issue is that he seems hesitant to call out some of his alt-right fanbase from what I've seen.

He is still scared of labels but I would say he has his head in the right place.

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Hadn't seen her videos before despite having seen her all over my twitter feed for the past few years - looking forward to more next year. In fact this thread alone has massively changed my subscriptions feed. Thanks everyone!

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
It was Natalie Wynn for me that mentioned Kat Blaque and I checked her out because of that. I watched her last two videos and another two older ones about Bayard Rustin and "The Dark Side of Buzz Feed" so far.

Oct 26, 2017
Sam gets the dumbest conservative callers who think they're so smart. Blake realized he was trapped at the beginning of the call and starts to hold back in answering Sam's questions:

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017

Lot of good points, I got kind of lost though when it came to the video essay. I think she was intending to explain that youtube follows trends and the video essay is one of them, but it sounded like the video essay was a key part of the problem. She goes on to say that it's people not performing due-diligence or nitpicking mascaraing as criticism, just felt odd watching it. Otherwise I can agree to pretty much everything.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
....well at least we're getting a new Lindsay Ellis video tomorrow?...

[edit]

AND HBOMBERGUY. Will we pull the slots handle and get new Contra too?

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sarah Z is pretty cool, definitely a YouTuber to watch. She's pretty small at the moment and I'd probably donate if she had a patreon since I feel like she could use a better camera and media programs to up her production values. Not that content < shiny video, but I think a lot of people probably skip over her videos because the production values aren't the same as the bigger names.

At the same time occupying that niche of a more down to earth YouTuber is important I think.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man, i don't fuck with this video at all. i thought there might be some overarching point about science, but half an hour in and it seems like it's a straight refutation of the idea that the earth might be flat? there's a certain jay-z quote that comes to mind here tbh

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Suscribed to this thread. Been bothered by Youtube because I keep getting recommendations about how shitty some games are and such and such and it's getting super tiring to tell Youtube that I don't want those in my feed. Hopefully if I watch leftist stuff it will learn...

Any channels that you guys recommend? I don't want full on politics, but I don't mind discussions about media or culture.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
All Hail Sobek.

Lindsay's video was really nice, as death of the author is always something that will come up in discussin media. Although nothing necessarily new, having a closer view on John Green's work and himself was a nice surprise.

Hbomb's vid was hilarious, but yeah kind of more entertaining than illuminating really. I think he said so himself on twitter that it was kind of an easy jab all in all. I'm personally more excited for his NITW video. In general, I kinda want to see the old hbomb "bite" back

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Suscribed to this thread. Been bothered by Youtube because I keep getting recommendations about how shitty some games are and such and such and it's getting super tiring to tell Youtube that I don't want those in my feed. Hopefully if I watch leftist stuff it will learn...

Any channels that you guys recommend? I don't want full on politics, but I don't mind discussions about media or culture.

If you want media theory check out Lindsay Ellis.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Breathed a huge sigh of relief this past weekend when I was visiting my family. I've always known that my parents are super conservative, but wasn't sure about my younger brother. While I was riding in his car with just him, my girlfriend, and I he asked

"So are there any new YouTube channels you are watching?"

to which I replied "Well...yeah, ContraPoints"

His response: "OH!!!"

I knew he hadn't been getting along with our parents. He's been trying to get a good job so he could move out for the last few years, so I suspected that his political views might not line up with them. He also hadn't been sure about me, so he was afraid to bring it up. Turns out he's very much on the left like me. Really felt good for us to have someone else in the family with whom we align on political and social issues.

Thanks Natalie for bringing families together.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
If you want media theory check out Lindsay Ellis.

I am suscribed to her! She's great. I first discovered her with the Dear Stephanie Meyer video and it resonated a lot with me. Hopefully I can watch her Bay series soon.

Breathed a huge sigh of relief this past weekend when I was visiting my family. I've always known that my parents are super conservative, but wasn't sure about my younger brother. While I was riding in his car with just him, my girlfriend, and I he asked

"So are there any new YouTube channels you are watching?"

to which I replied "Well...yeah, ContraPoints"

His response: "OH!!!"

I knew he hadn't been getting along with our parents. He's been trying to get a good job so he could move out for the last few years, so I suspected that his political views might not line up with them. He also hadn't been sure about me, so he was afraid to bring it up. Turns out he's very much on the left like me. Really felt good for us to have someone else in the family with whom we align on political and social issues.

Thanks Natalie for bringing families together.

I'm very glad to hear that. I'm a bit afraid of my brother because although he's economically and socially leftist, I feel like he doesn't clearly understand women issues, toxic masculinity and feminism. The second one is a big one for him because of family history.

Oct 25, 2017
Konoha
Majority report posted a new video were they "Debated" a caller on deplatforming.
I understand what Micheal is saying but i think deplatforming and pressuring advertisers to not pay Sargon or Tucker are two different things. Tucker Carlson isn't being deplatformed he's fully sponsored 'to deceive with intent' by rich right-wingers.

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Spoiler: The self-help industry is a natural consequence of exploitative capitalism:

Found this on Breadtube, a video about homophobia in Russia with English subtitles - a different culture but quite comparable to leftist videos that get posted here, I think:

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017

Probably should have posted it when it was new, but people here might be interested anyway. A good retrospective of the one serious and respectful trans anime, by a trans girl herself.

I'd recommend watching the series itself, though - not only because the vid spoils it (duh), but it's genuinely amazing. It's on Crunchy, although they only have the TV version, which had episodes 10 and 11 edited into one due to the programming block being shorter than standard 12 eps and there's no legal option to see them in the west.