• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So apparently there's some leftist infighting brewing against Peter Coffin for defending someone named Angie Speaks and being a rape apologist or something? Anyone want to elaborate what's going on?
NonCompete put up a video of a stream with angie and others(including peter later on) where they talk about this. I hadn't heard about this before now myself, but apparently its a huge mess that started years ago for peter(the rape apologist stuff) and has now been brought back up with a huge target on angie(been harassed, hacked and now someone is claiming she is a rapist? because she didn't cancel peter) for some reason probably unrelated to her being a black woman instead of a white male like peter. Check out the the comment replies by someone named 'Generic Name'(not joking) they seem to have a much ebtter idea of what is going on then i do(though they also claim not to be an expert of this either).
And Angie Speaks is this one?

I'm so confused on this drama.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New video by Three Arrows, breaking down a video by PragerU narrated by former UKIP head Nigel Farage:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That "The Card Says Moops" video explains the situation we're in regarding Pewpewpie. It's become impossible to argue whether what he says is genuine or trolling. Even news media sites are struggling in how to handle the shooting.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

More and more people need to expose this YT channel. It's astounding that PU is even allowed to pretend they're educational. At least as a white supremacist channel no different from Sargon of Akkad, people who consider themselves "centrists" and "intellectual" wouldn't be taken in just because they present like a Khan Academy lesson.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like destiny and Sam seder might join forces, kinda cool since I love them both. Also yay another donoteat vid.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if he's been posted before Big Joel is someone I recently stumbled upon due to his video on Anita Sarkeesian and the hate she gleans form MRA/alt-right YT and has since she showed up:

I bring it up because he just dropped a sequel responding to the response video from Sargon of Akkad about his well put video:

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
It is fucking embarrassing the right holds someone like that up as some kind of intellectual. When you really look at who is held up as an example of an intellectual in these circles you really have to appreciate how thoughtful and nuanced leftist video essayists have become.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know f this has been posted before, but can't hurt to bring up again...

It's become one of my favorite videos that formulated tangible ideas about what exactly our Nazi fuckhead neighbors are up to on the internet and in other media.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ That's an excellent video by Non-Compete, and I think one of the better ones to capture the idea of this pipeline in a (fairly) concise manner.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
David Pakman did an Interview with contrapoints:

I had no idea she used to do debates with some alt-right guys... and apparently stopped because of the response she was getting from the left.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when she was on Blaire White's channel, and argued with Roaming Millennial once or twice. She also appears on a few of those "group" 'bloodsports' type of streams, along with Destiny and a like 4 or 5 alt-light/alt-right folks. Destiny and Natalie held their own quite well in that, but I can see why Natalie has ultimately noped out of those things. I do wish she'd do some more one-on-one talks with Destiny. They get along very well, and that PewDiePipeline video has the one guy saying how these two specifically helped him get out of that alt-right sphere with their content.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been loving watching Michael Brooks apathetically steam rolling Israel fascist zealots, and his autopsies of his own debates. Dude's got strategy.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Faraday Speaks (supposed alt right dropout) is still an alt righter, it seems
2v2zfpj.jpg

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stress enough how weird it is to have this forum that bans Destiny while he is ACTIVELY converting alt-righters back to rationality. But yeah, he uses swearwords privately, so he is not pure enough :P
Faraday is a troll. Don't believe that video, he is just trying to get money from the left to troll us.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Faraday is a troll. Don't believe that video, he is just trying to get money from the left to troll us.

Actively trolling the left does not look like a detailed 30+ minute video on how stupid the right talking points are, and then making joke of the fearmongering of the marxist conspiracy, because it does not gain the alt-right anything, not even with a gotcha:

Check the comments. Sarah Z, Contrapoints, Destiny, all trusting this guy - because what he says makes logical sense.
If his "plant" is good enough to fool these people, then its going to be good enough for me.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I cannot stress enough how weird it is to have this forum that bans Destiny while he is ACTIVELY converting alt-righters back to rationality. But yeah, he uses swearwords privately, so he is not pure enough :P

Disregarding Faraday because who cares about his intentions and he's said nothing unique in his videos I think it's fair to say Destiny's converted a fair few people in his community. At the same time he was banned from here for clearly breaking the ToS. It wasn't a matter of him just saying racial slurs and racist jokes in private (not swear words) which has resulted in bans off of Twitch for when he slips up and says them publicly, but the fact he said he doesn't care about minorities and only supports them because he thinks that will benefit him. The whole not caring about minorities whilst being fine saying slurs in private isn't going to go well for anybody on this one specific site.

Heck, I think I even brought up in this thread that Destiny shouldn't be featured in the OP because whilst he does do some good work (e.g. exposing Jon Tron, his debates in general, and putting forward progressive ideas cemented in research to the gamerbros of Twitch) he's clearly not the kind of representation that's wanted by this community.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie, my first reaction when i saw that video going around was pretty skeptical. regardless, while if genuine, it's good that someone can come around, i'm incredibly hesitant to heap praise on someone for having the epiphany that maybe you should treat other people with basic human dignity. to paraphrase Chris Rock, you don't get a medal for doing the bare minimum.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Disregarding Faraday because who cares about his intentions and he's said nothing unique in his videos I think it's fair to say Destiny's converted a fair few people in his community. At the same time he was banned from here for clearly breaking the ToS. It wasn't a matter of him just saying racial slurs and racist jokes in private (not swear words) which has resulted in bans off of Twitch for when he slips up and says them publicly, but the fact he said he doesn't care about minorities and only supports them because he thinks that will benefit him. The whole not caring about minorities whilst being fine saying slurs in private isn't going to go well for anybody on this one specific site.

Heck, I think I even brought up in this thread that Destiny shouldn't be featured in the OP because whilst he does do some good work (e.g. exposing Jon Tron, his debates in general, and putting forward progressive ideas cemented in research to the gamerbros of Twitch) he's clearly not the kind of representation that's wanted by this community.

Sure, we can agree to disagree on whether he broke the TOS in that regard or not, but ultimately, I do not mind having a place where really there is no concern for those who display right-ish (?) traits at all. I mean, the rest of the world already have plenty of places where they can thrive. However, some posters in the offtopic really do act like that those who do not think like them are failed, miserable, not worthy human beings, and reality is far more complicated than that. Destiny, for example, does not think the way he thinks because he wants to personally benefit from acting like a leftist, that is not his viewpoint, afaik. His viewpoint is (which he sometimes fails to consistently hold, and his emotions sometimes alter this) is a utilitarian one, in which society is better when there is less discrimination.

Its the same argument as saying that healthcare should not be free because of the belief that we are all equal, it should simply come because ultimately, nations pay the costs of neglected citizen health in WAY HIGHER numbers than what they saved in costs in the first place (i.e. outbreaks, loss of GDP because of sick leaves, less workforce, etc etc). Just because the second opinion is not coming from a moral point, but a utilitiarian one does not mean it should be discarded.

not gonna lie, my first reaction when i saw that video going around was pretty skeptical. regardless, while if genuine, it's good that someone can come around, i'm incredibly hesitant to heap praise on someone for having the epiphany that maybe you should treat other people with basic human dignity. to paraphrase Chris Rock, you don't get a medal for doing the bare minimum.

Meh, escaping an ideological trap is quite hard, the vast majority of people on this earth do not do it, and wont do it. So our definitions of bare minimum vary :P