• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YO NAME YOUR FRANCHISE LIKE THAT

LIKE JESUS

MY HEART

WHO CARES ABOUT KAY

Edit: This post might sound silly in retrospect but the original thread title was "Legacy of Kay" announced which almost gave me a heart attack because I'm the biggest fan of the long forgotten, prestige series "Legacy of Kain".

Last edited:

Jamix012

Oct 28, 2017
The fact this god remastered in the first place is still pretty confusing to me but I own the PS4 version so I guess I'm the sucker.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Definitely can't be worse than the last time they ported this to a Nintendo platform..hah...hahah...my 13 year old spirit still hurts from how they butchered one of my favourite childhood games on the DS.

I'm excited for them to be releasing the true Legend of Kay on a nintendo platform, a portable one at that. I probably won't pick this up, but anyone on the fence, know that it was a great PS2 action platform and Anniversary looked GORGEOUS on PS4.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck is up with the framerate?
Definitely can't be worse than the last time they ported this to a Nintendo platform..hah...hahah...my 13 year old spirit still hurts from how they butchered one of my favourite childhood games on the DS.

I'm excited for them to be releasing the true Legend of Kay on a nintendo platform, a portable one at that. I probably won't pick this up, but anyone on the fence, know that it was a great PS2 action platform and Anniversary looked GORGEOUS on PS4.
think this was released on the Wii U as well

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I just re-watched the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver retrospective from DF Retro. This tugged at my heartstrings.

I was pretty surprised a while back when I saw ports of this for Wii U and PS4.

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
Have it for the Wii U. It's a very generic 3D platformer, and extremely linear (so not at all like the more open titles in the genre, such as Banjo or Mario Odyssey). Wouldn't recommend, and especially not given how many better platformers are on Switch right now.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Have it for the Wii U. It's a very generic 3D platformer, and extremely linear (so not at all like the more open titles in the genre, such as Banjo or Mario Odyssey). Wouldn't recommend, and especially not given how many better platformers are on Switch right now.

What if I prefer linear 3D platformers?

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
Never played this back in the day.

But it reminded me of a PS2 platformer called Ty the Tasmanian tiger, which I liked, I wonder what happened to that.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Never played this back in the day.

But it reminded me of a PS2 platformer called Ty the Tasmanian tiger, which I liked, I wonder what happened to that.

They ported some of* the games to Steam a couple of years back. They also released a sequel, but a side scroller instead of a 2D platformer.

Edit; My mistake, Ty 3 isn't on steam yet just 1/2.

ngl Ty 4 is pretty rad