• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

OJ2FGG6.png

U83N3lg.png

Gs556wJ.png

LHgGTaf.png

jpZfgWm.png

hsdUvRa.png

PUcoyUP.png

5UYykNx.png

RIjouKp.png

cWJ9zrm.png

Fwf3qPS.png

AAh6T9F.png

rP0riJc.png

NxBe0j3.png

aR3pvVI.png

dyCEdJ1.png

HAnGVc2.png

FdvlbsR.png

Xes9EXV.png

xoVPTzC.png

6aJYLfn.png

L8aHxvJ.png

sH1hUBg.png

9r1iO4E.png

A8ZIHuF.png

pbvwvUi.png

cIj7GBl.png

4zqx4t9.png

YB02ucZ.png

vCfdm8M.png

knOCuyr.png

c1uwAC1.png

UqqWiWw.png

j1rQTP7.png

mhjMAWx.png

CFvLMRB.png

FTHS9qp.png

ezFDnmo.png

Rn38HCE.png

zg5RIao.png

9TRAE9n.png

FMOE8bC.png

FDbDqtI.png

2TWw8Nz.png

8MMIHzn.png

EMco1R2.png

nrE5b1N.png

EAxcL46.png

Map images and other data sourced from:

Last edited:

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Interesting. Are there any well-known differences in design or assets between the spaceworld build and retail?

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
I wish that the enthusiasm behind these leaks/discoveries would compel Nintendo to create retrospectives on some of their more popular games. They could create their own "High Score (Netflix)" docuseries dedicating an hour episode to the creation of a single game and I think we'd all eat it up... Wishful thinking, likely, but still... It's possible that Iwata Asks is about as close as we'll get.

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Excited to see what else is discovered.

(I'd love to see some behind the scenes of Twilight Princess some day too, considering how much it changed.)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
is there some complete document on this spaceworld 97 thing or something
seems like it was absolutely wild considering how much stuff leaks from it

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that spiral! I've never seen that before. I really hope everything is documented

Upside down triforce in the Temple of Time. And you can see the slots in the altar where the Stones were going to be inserted.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
That's a hell of find! Is that last pic the Gerudo Training Ground? I wonder if that room was part of an early Spirit Temple.

Deleted member 44122

ooooh, this is big. oot is my favourite game and all of this is so interesting :O

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
This is interesting. Off the top of my head I don't know what that spiked shell thing is on the left. Or that leaf thing at the bottom.

The boots have earlier designs. The Lens of Truth is completely different. The hookshot looks more like the LttP one.

And the bottled fairy looks different. When was the earliest footage we ever saw of Navi? Could this predate it?

And then there's the arrows. I am immediately reminded of this:

This demo still had the full set of six elements in the game.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I spent so much time looking at early "Zelda 64" pics in various mags. Back then this game seemed like EVERYTHING. I just couldn't wrap my head around how a game with cities and shit could be a real thing.

04_-_still_running_on_the_super_mario_64_engine___medium.jpg

64fiSAdl.jpg

320px-OoT-Lake_Hylia_NPS.jpg

OoTStalfosHouse.jpg

Metro Cow

Nov 28, 2020
This is interesting. Off the top of my head I don't know what that spiked shell thing is on the left. Or that leaf thing at the bottom.

The boots have earlier designs. The Lens of Truth is completely different. The hookshot looks more like the LttP one.

And the bottled fairy looks different. When was the earliest footage we ever saw of Navi? Could this predate it?

And then there's the arrows. I am immediately reminded of this:

This demo still had the full set of six elements in the game.

You beat me to it. :)

I wonder if the blue shell was an early version of the Bombchu?

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
I just today watched some OoT video and it's a reed that seemed to be for summoning epona before it became a song
And then they reused the original idea in Twilight Princess. It fits.

Also: the Ocarina of Time in this item sheet has extra colors on it. I'm not sure why that would be the case, but it's there, and apparently Epona's Song didn't exist yet, so maybe the ocarina itself had a slightly different implementation?
That might be it.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also guessing that the green feather thing was going to function like the Deku Leaf in Wind Waker, with blowing winds, which would make sense with the whole Wind/Forest Temple change in the game's development.

Good guess.

This is interesting (from Lady Bow's post). Looks like the medallions were meant to give you Fire, Ice and Light Arrows, as well as three other types.

When I watched old demo footage, you got the Fire and Water medallions first, which means even early on it's likely only the Fire and Ice arrows were completed...I wonder if we'll ever see what the other elements do

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Recognized this one immediately...
images

Man, old 1996 me with dial-up internet was slow-printing this pictures back in the day.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Spaceworld '97 OoT assets are such a great find; real exciting stuff.

Can we get '95 Mario 64 and '99 Mother 3 next?

Mar 23, 2018
I feel like that era of gaming, specifically N64, is the one that is gifting us with more reveals after years and years of gaming board discussion. Such an interesting peek each and every time. Thank you for sharing!

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
Is this the first time we've seen evidence that the medallions were what gave you elemental arrows? I know there was code discovered for all 6 having spells like Din's Fire and Farore's Wind and I THOUGHT there was text for the elemental arrows too

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
More observations!

Arrow and bomb upgrades used to go 16 -> 32 -> 64. I assume these numbers were chosen by the programmer and were overruled by somebody else afterward.

Wallets were massive. Probably too massive.

There were two strength upgrades, not three.

Most importantly: the three spiritual stones look completely different. And while this isn't my subject, those look like musical symbols to me. They may have been tied to the game's music theme.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
If this is the final menu, then it matches the old demo; Fire and Water first, then Forest, Light...wait, what's the white medallion for?
The elemental colors used to be different. That yellow one in the picture is soul (which we call spirit now). White and black are light and dark (shadow) respectively.