• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
This quote from gamesradar is a good way to describe how influential it was and that's why it's considered one of the fathers of modern gaming.

" Ocarina of Time had a lot riding on its shoulders in 1998. It could have crashed and burned due to a lengthy development cycle, 3D gaming still being in its infancy, and the amount of risks that Nintendo took with its design and gameplay mechanics.

The impact that these innovations have had on the games industry have proved that the rewards were worth the risk. The problems Nintendo solved back then have been influential across gaming genres and, whilst public acknowledgment of this influence is thin on the ground, it's difficult not to view Ocarina of Time as one of the fathers of modern gaming.

It's hard to understate the effect that Ocarina of Time has had on the industry. There are plenty of reasons why it is considered an all-time great, and why all gamers - no matter their affiliation - wax lyrical about a quarter of a century on. Games wouldn't be what they are today without Ocarina of Time, which demonstrates there's probably no game more deserving of the "best game ever" title. "

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I didn't even play it at launch. My first experience with the game was the 3DS release and I instantly knew that this game was special.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why are you quoting Gamesradar

I thought journalists were wrong most of the time

we must ask the users of Metacritic what they think

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That it was the first 3D Zelda and still feels fresh and modern enough to be played today with little to no hesitation or setbacks is certainly a testament to its high quality, but it's been over 20 years and it'd be a damning indictment of the games industry as a whole if, across all genres, we never overcame one title on the Nintendo 64.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
To me its not even better thatn ALTTP and that one is not even the best Zelda Game, just remind us all of those famous words by the Dude.

Jun 26, 2018
How has Ocarina of time affected the games industry? Serious question, I'm not seeing a lot of 3D Zelda clones out there sooo? Please explain

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I wouldn't argue with that. I have personal favorites which might be higher, but OoT is part of a "top 6" for me which are basically all on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.