• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
RIP to a Legend.

You will be missed Stan, but you will never be forgotten.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never enter these types of threads, people die all the time. seems a bit bandwagony at times imo.

But im sad stan lee is gone. He lived a long life, but its still like a bit of magic is gone. At least he lived to see his ideas become global multimedia properties, properties he had involvement in until his death.

Rest in peace.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, but given the next three MCU films are finished filming he will have recorded those too (captain marvel, avengers 4 and Spiderman far from home). Wonder if they'll decide to use them or not.

If they don't (last three cameos across media spoilers)
all three of his last cameos will have been Spiderman related, with infinity war as the bus driver, the PS4 game and venom

I'd be wholly surprised if spider-verse didn't have one as well.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I learned to draw because of the worlds he helped create, and the characters who dominated my imagination. It made me want to pick up a pencil as a kid.

Five years of my career were dedicated to working within those worlds. I don't have those years and that amazing experience without his legacy.

Me and countless other artists will always be indebted to him for that.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but given the next three MCU films are finished filming he will have recorded those too (captain marvel, avengers 4 and Spiderman far from home). Wonder if they'll decide to use them or not.

If they don't (last three cameos across media spoilers)
all three of his last cameos will have been Spiderman related, with infinity war as the bus driver, the PS4 game and venom

Marvel Studios also routinely banked a number of Stan cameos whenever they shot with him, so they likely have cameo material for several more films beyond that if they choose to use any of it. It would be fitting to end it with Avengers 4, though.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He had a great run. 95 with as few health issues as he's apparently had is no small thing. He's more fortunate than the vast majority of people that lived. Better to celebrate a life like this since it's a life well lived rather than get sad over it.

This is such an amazing perspective to have on his passing.

I'm 33 and I've recently been having the feeling that maybe it was "too late" to achieve what I want to do in life. That doesn't mean I'm old, obviously, but there is definitely a stigma that if you haven't "made it" by your mid-30s then you won't at all.

Really glad someone had the mindset to tweet that. It really boosts me up a bit today.
It's never too late as long as you're alive. That's the important part. Make every day count because you don't know how long you may have. Many peeps out there die early due to all sorts of unforeseen circumstances or health issues. Nothing is more precious than your health, but there's no guarantee involved with it either. That's why you owe it yourself to make the most of the life you're living now. Before you know it, time passes, but while you have it, make the most of it.

Most peeps aren't going to be as fortunate as Stan Lee was. This is a rare example of long life with seemingly little health problems until near the end. That's an amazing blessing and we would all be so fortunate to receive that, but it's unlikely most of us do.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
RVJam5C.jpg

Comic strip by a talented comic book artist friend of mine, Jader Correa. I'm choking up again.

This tribute is very powerful. :(

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
RIP.

No way thy don't use his cameos. No chance of that happening at all.

What I would like to see, however, is some kind of tribute at the end of A4. Like a memorial scene where the Avenger's mourn the loss of one/some of their own lost in battle and they have his name on a plaque or memorial wall somewhere in the tower. That'd be amazing.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
RVJam5C.jpg

Comic strip by a talented comic book artist friend of mine, Jader Correa. I'm choking up again.
Its sweet, but "where are going going " could use an edit. Proofread.
Stan will be missed. He makes me realize that there is a point to continuing to create and dream. At some point you may create something so wonderful and entertaining that it helps the world to smile, to cope, to dream and to dare amidst the struggles of their own life. Without entertainment Stan pointed out that the rest of the world couldn't cope or keep it together long. The service he gave the world in that regards is limitless. His creations will live on and his stories will inspire many many many generations to come.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Why weren't there as many reactions when Steve Ditko died?
I literally said, "who?" in my head and had to look him up. That'd probably be why. Everyone knows the characters, but not who created them.

Stan's far more mainstream and far more known since he's all over the mediums. Comics, movies, tv shows, Netflix shows, videogames.. Stan has been in everything and reached a much larger audience because of it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
May he rest in peace.

What happened to him in his last years was really heartbreaking. Hope he is in a better place now.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Why weren't there as many reactions when Steve Ditko died?

because Steve Ditko literally went into seclusion....

i remember there was a BBC documentary 'In search of Steve Ditko' where they looked into the impact steve ditko made on the comics industry and his rights feud with stan lee and that documentary had Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Stan Lee and almost every big shot in the comics industry you can think of appearing and speaking from their POV.........except Steve Ditko. When the host attempt to visit Ditko's residence, he refused to participate (or open the door at all).

Even in those old Merry Marvel Marching Society Audio recordings (sorta like Marvel podcasts hosted by the marvel folks) where everyone was presence including Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, the office secretary....but Steve Ditko did not participate (I remember during the recording Stan said something like "Looks like Steve just zip out of the building again like Spidey!")

So there's that. Can't have a reaction to Ditko when most don't know who he is due to his extreme low profile.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I had a feeling it was going to be soon but still didn't want it to be. Even just seeing him pop up in various movies was delightful.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

What his business partners did to him recently will always be a disgusting shame. Couldn't even let him live his twilight years in peace.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any mangaka put a tribute? Always interested in his influence around the world.