• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Godzilla throws Kong down before humanity and shouts "IS THIS YOUR KING?! SKREEOOONK"

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • King Kong chokes Godzilla to death with a tree and informs humanity "God is DEAD."

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Inconclusive as they must unite against a greater threat!

Votes: 67 50.0%

• Total voters

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
For those who are following this cinematic universe, how will Legendary build Kong up to Godzilla's level? In Skull Island, Kong is injured throughout the movie, from helicopter blades cutting his palm:
Kong-Skull-Island-Visual-Effects-8.jpg

To passing out from catching fire when fighting humans:

Meanwhile, Godzilla is unphased when a chopper crashes into his spines during the Hawaii arrival scene.. and then continuously eats stuff like this for the rest of the movie:
etghlgu.gif

Not to mention that he literally tanks a nuke in the opening of the film:
5341601-godzilla+took+castle+bravo.gif

Now, it's been stated that Kong was still juvenile in the Skull Island film, but look at this size comparison:
maxresdefault.jpg

He'll need to triple his size to go head to head with Godzilla. I'm actually ok with him being around half of Godzilla's size, because I think that will make the fight scenes that much more creative and interesting. Kong should be the more intelligent fighter, though Legendary has shown Godzilla to be an intelligent creature as well.

What do you think, Era?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
We just need a Stan Bush tuned montage where Kong learns Karate.

Easy peasy.

edit:
If you have a gruff older Kong show up with a bandana, denim jacket with the sleeves cut off, and some tree trunk nunchucks, then Godzilla will be shaking in his boots.

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Legendary version of Godzilla should fucking body Kong. But I'm sure there will be some third act enemy they'll have to team up to defeat.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I believe the leaks said something about Kong growing a tail and turning gold under a full moon

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
We just need a Stan Bush tuned montage where Kong learns Karate.

Easy peasy.

edit:
If you have a gruff older Kong show up with a bandana, denim jacket with the sleeves cut off, and some tree trunk nunchucks, then Godzilla will be shaking in his boots.

Kong dropping out of college to be a roadie for Metallica was the best decision he ever made.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
As mentioned in the OP, Kong is still fairly young in Skull Island. He's going to grow quite a bit. I doubt he'll be as big as Godzilla, but he can move faster, utilize tools and keep Godzilla off balance. Really doubt it'll be that big of a fight, though. They'll spend more time fighting some other monster or monster than each other.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside I'm sure they'll just make sure Kong has grown enough to have a size similar to Godzilla, and find an excuse to make his body more resistant to damage as some sort of growing/evolution thing. Because as it stands, even if you make Kong into Godzilla's size it's no contest.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Legendary version of Godzilla should fucking body Kong. But I'm sure there will be some third act enemy they'll have to team up to defeat.

A lot of people mention Destroyah. I'd actually like to see another original Kaiju, and then get cameos from whatever Kaiju survive KotM in the final battle. Would be pretty special to see Kong share the screen with Mothra, Rodan or even Ghidorah if it survives in some way. Obviously Ghidorah would be an enemy, though.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla is going to get the win this time because he's been waiting almost 60 years for that salty runback.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kong is not going o grow to much more if the skeletons of his parents are an indicator, a Human could fit in his fathers skull so he seems nearly fully grown.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Kong will use his agility and buildings to outmaneuver and wrestle Godzilla around. He'll put up a fight, until Godzilla gains the upper hand. The humans will save Kong but then two will have to unite against a larger threat

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kong gets obliterated on the first fight with Godzilla then the aliens from Planet X show up and take the remains. They then resurrect Kong with alien tech and create Mecha-Kong who squares up far better with the big G thanks to rocket punches, laser eyes and robot armor.

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla is going to get some kind of power up to beat Ghidora, then Godzilla will be gimped in Kong by Destroyah, which will be a parasite leaching off big G for most of the movie. They'll become buds when Kong gets Destroyah off and they use it as a jump rope.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Godzilla will give him the beats. Kong is highly flammable.

Kong no matter what size ...should be no match at all.

People love to show the gif of Kong shoving a tree down Godzilla's throat but no one remembers what happens after that.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This version of Kong beating this version of Zilla would be some Spiderman vs Firelord, Black Panther vs Silver Surfer kind of wankery.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sounds cool but Godzilla will win. Also is there any more movies planned after godzilla vs king kong?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Kong is gonna beat him I think. 40 years of being on that island, some major growth spurts, and perhaps some black magic is gonna make him a proper foe. Even smaller in size, dude is gonna show up in war paint demanding blood.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I know they are going to team up to fight something else, but anyone who thinks Kong could take Godzilla is out of their god damn minds.

Kong might be the King of Skull Island, but Godzilla is King of the Monsters.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
If you're doing a Godzilla v Kong movie, it would be a huge missed opportunity to not have Godzilla on Skull Island. Right? Especially with the established super monster Skull Island of this universe. Godzilla crashing through the famous tribal wall. A Skullcrawler tries to attack him and gets utterly destroyed. Stuff like that

My ideal scenario would be something like this:

Biollante would be the overarching kaiju threat. It would be introduced as a ancient reawakened threat overwhelming Skull Island, with Kong barely holding it back in his role as island protector. Monarch has to pull a Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom and evacuate Kong before he and everything else on the island is consumed

Cue Godzilla showing up to fight the growing kaiju threat...and kills Biollante. But in its struggle to protect the island, Kong was infected by one of Biollante' spores, cordyceps-style. After being evacuated to the mainland, the infected Kong and an enraged Godzilla, trying to eradicate all traces of Biollante, fight. Eventually the humans have to step in and save Kong, remove the gestating spore, but it's too late.

Cue the regenerated evolved Biollante versus Kong and Godzilla

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both of them roaring at the same time to a big ass monster would be a sight to behold.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
It's going to go the Jason vs Freddy path where they both technically win without either losing. The awfulness of the film will be worth it for the "fictional fight commentary" down the line,

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kong gets obliterated on the first fight with Godzilla then the aliens from Planet X show up and take the remains. They then resurrect Kong with alien tech and create Mecha-Kong who squares up far better with the big G thanks to rocket punches, laser eyes and robot armor.
Greenlight this shit right now!