• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/25/scott-walker-experimental-pop-hero-dies-aged-76

Scott Walker, one of the most innovative and enduring songwriters of the 20th century, has died aged 76.

The news was announced by his label, 4AD. "For half a century, the genius of the man born Noel Scott Engel has enriched the lives of thousands," a statement read. The cause of death has not been announced.

Thom Yorke, frontman of Radiohead, was among those paying tribute, calling him "a huge influence on Radiohead and myself, showing me how I could use my voice and words."

Walker first came to fame in the mid-1960s in the group the Walker Brothers, before creating a string of acclaimed solo albums – Scott I to Scott IV – that are regarded as some of the most adventurous and boundary-pushing pop albums of the era.

Last edited:

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Damn this honestly sucks. His new life as a composer was amazing too. The scores for Childhood of a Leader and Vox Lux were honestly transcendent.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
His music was one of my gateway drugs to experimental music. And retroactively desovering his and the Walker Bros. earlier stuff was pretty sweet as well.
RIP

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking gutted. We've lost a genuinely unique and innovative artistic voice. Terrible loss.

The acapella at the end is haunting.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
What a shitty way to start the week. Absolutely brilliant and continued to be vital to the end...

A Lover Loves, Hero of the War, Seventh Seal, Jessie, Jackie, Farmer in the City... So many great songs and a real, uncompromising artist.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
My drama teacher playing Epizootics for us in year 12 was like...my gateway drug to experimental music as a whole. Bitterly sad news.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
He was one of my all time favourite artists. Tilt is probably my favourite album period. This one hurts. Bad.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
RIP

I only discovered him after the release of Drift which is one of the darkest records I've ever heard still. Really should dive into most of his past discography.

Epilexia

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, RIP to a legend

there's a part of me that just wants to make music like the drift but I don't have the balls

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, RIP. He was a legend. I was just listening to the collab album with him and Sun O))) yesterday.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking back on his work all day now. This is so ahead of its time, released all the way back in 1978. Amazing.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
For any fans of Scott's voice in his later years, I implore you to check out Circuit des Yeux. She cites him as a huge influence and you can really tell.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
An amazing artist. RIP

His songs are so timeless. They sounded modern and still sound ahead of there time.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Oh man. One of my absolute favorites.
Discovering him was such a revelation to me.

XQ4Yvrf.jpg

UmJ1JxB.jpg

xbLR3ff.jpg

gQjAYec.jpg

His final work is worth listening to as well.
Soundtrack for Vox Lux (2018).

Last edited: