• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Legends of Tomorrow S4 |OT| Custodians? Sirens? Puppets!

Clu

Oct 26, 2017
The Grid
Of course the classic ending misunderstanding lol Way better episode this week then last week, and seems to continue next week with the promo. Show is looking up.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With that recent news of the staff loving him, and with the preview, I fully expect him to be back. And I hope so too

Nov 4, 2017
So Hank is using the magical creatures to create some kind of super soldiers and Neuron's end goal is ......

Ava must be having it rough too if she's taking personal days.

Nora has hacking skills in addition to magical ways. I guess she could detect the cloak Neuron was putting up.

Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I’m starting to lose steam on this show. When was the last time the team actually used their abilities and costumes? The time traveling in today’s episode was completely unnecessary and didn’t serve any purpose except “to do it”. And sorry, but Mona sucks. I don’t give a shit about her storyline.

I miss Jax and Stein.

OP
OP
ZeroX
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't mind Mona but it felt like the show had enough characters to go on with and now there's one too many. The show literally pointed out twice how Charlie was forgotten (plus no Ava).

Oct 27, 2017
I’m starting to lose steam on this show. When was the last time the team actually used their abilities and costumes? The time traveling in today’s episode was completely unnecessary and didn’t serve any purpose except “to do it”. And sorry, but Mona sucks. I don’t give a shit about her storyline.

I miss Jax and Stein.
Indeed. She was tolerable (still not needed) when konane was there, since she actually had a purpose. Now that they're trying to pretty much make her a Legend?.. Uhh, no thanks. The show is suffering the same CW/DC formula of too many God-damned people on the team for no reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Mona probably won't be a permanent Legend. Prefer at the Time Bureau myself, but I don't hate her or anything.

I’m starting to lose steam on this show. When was the last time the team actually used their abilities and costumes?
Costumes? Lol, part of the fun at this point is seeing them dress up for whatever the situation calls for.

As for abilities, budget issues are a bitch I guess, but personally I'm at the point where I like the characters and humor enough where I'm not really bothered by stuff like Ray barely using the suit anymore tbh. Prolly helps that I don't exactly watch this for the fights anyhow lol

Ava must be having it rough too if she's taking personal days.
She prolly back in emo mode again

Aug 22, 2018
I liked the episode this week, except when they showed us Neron without giving the audience a trigger warning for trysophobia. ZeFrank even did it in his frog video! :D I don't need to barf all over my living room whenever he comes on the screen.

While the time travel wasn't strictly necessary, since they were doing the truth bug thing, I did find it amusing that history needed Nixon to be a liar, and that was fun as well.

Just like Lotus, I don't watch this show for the fights and stuff. It spun off of DC super hero stuff, but frankly, I'm fine with them just going through time fixing problems (and sometimes causing them). Ray punching a Nazi because he couldn't bring himself to say "Heil Hitler" is a better moment than anything he's done in the Atom suit, for example.

Also, based on the preview, Biff is definitely coming back. It's just like Nick told Sam on last week's Supernatural. "Come on, you know nobody stays dead anymore!"

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, this was much better than last week. Much more fun. And I don't buy for a second that Nate's dad is actually dead.

But I have a feeling Nora goes running to Ray, and she's with the Legends for the rest of the season, Ray refuses to tell Nate where she is when they go asking, Nate sics the Bureau on the Legends just like his dad.

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the whole "Nora runs in right after Hank was dead and gets accused" was going to happen during the lead up, but that doesn't make it any less dumb. Legends should be above that. I did like most of the episode, but that bit left a sour taste in my mouth.

Oct 25, 2017
Legends should be above that.

Just like @Lotus, I don't watch this show for the fights and stuff. It spun off of DC super hero stuff, but frankly, I'm fine with them just going through time fixing problems (and sometimes causing them). Ray punching a Nazi because he couldn't bring himself to say "Heil Hitler" is a better moment than anything he's done in the Atom suit, for example.
Like I totally get it for something like Daredevil, that's one of its main appeals. But this was never the show for that, so meh. As long as everyone has a way to pull their weight, I'm good. Not that I literally want characters like Nate or Ray to not use their abilities, but the new status quo is still comfy.

OP
OP
ZeroX
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Nora thing will get resolved within an episode

Nate isn't an idiot, he’s a reasonable guy and Nora will be able to find proof

Also A.V. Club with the B-, not because it’s a bad episode but because the reviewer feels that the show has hit a high standard now so it’s graded relative to itself

AV Club: B-

Oct 25, 2017
The Nora thing will get resolved within an episode

Nate isn't an idiot, he’s a reasonable guy and Nora will be able to find proof

Also A.V. Club with the B-, not because it’s a bad episode but because the reviewer feels that the show has hit a high standard now so it’s graded relative to itself

AV Club: B-
The comments reminded me that Nate saw his grandfather die, so that whole scene in the car reads even better than it already did

Aug 22, 2018
Like I totally get it for something like Daredevil, that's one of its main appeals. But this was never the show for that, so meh. As long as everyone has a way to pull their weight, I'm good. Not that I literally want characters like Nate or Ray to not use their abilities, but the new status quo is still comfy.
Yeah, hi-5! I'm also not advocating zero powers or something. It's just that the time-traveling team (who sometimes screws up) is a really fun thing to watch, regardless. Plus, there's more and less fun ways to do some of those powers. Like, I prefer Ray shrinking down to talk to Nora and trick her to Ray just flying around shooting beams from his gauntlets.

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
I hate characters who only role si to be the butt of a joke. Gary needs Fitz his shit up

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeah, since the show has come back, something about it really isn't clicking for me. It doesn't help that the villain design is awful as mentioned and really should have been discussed further.

Like, yeah, he's a demon, he should be CW level scary and Supernatural has had some kinda scary stuff, but the trypophobia is an active deterrent where I have to look away if I know that actor is going to be on screen.